Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 137

Thread: Westbrook or LT

  1. #11
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,530

    Re:Westbrook or LT

    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I keep trying to convince all of you that AY will be CT's replacement, at least going into camp.
    All of us? Scroll up. You don't need to convince me, since that's what I posted earlier.

    =Z=
    I'm not sure the coaching staff shares your confidence if they're talking to LT.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  2. #12
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re:Westbrook or LT

    C Mac D wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I keep trying to convince all of you that AY will be CT's replacement, at least going into camp.
    All of us? Scroll up. You don't need to convince me, since that's what I posted earlier.
    I'm not sure the coaching staff shares your confidence if they're talking to LT.
    I've read all the speculation about LT, and don't read it as iron-clad as you appear to be reading it. I don't think LT is going to be worth the money he wants. His numbers sure don't lie on that part.

    But, unlike other of the PPO Experts, I understand that that's just my opinion, nothing more.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  3. #13
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,530

    Re:Westbrook or LT

    Zeus wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I keep trying to convince all of you that AY will be CT's replacement, at least going into camp.
    All of us? Scroll up. You don't need to convince me, since that's what I posted earlier.
    I'm not sure the coaching staff shares your confidence if they're talking to LT.
    I've read all the speculation about LT, and don't read it as iron-clad as you appear to be reading it. I don't think LT is going to be worth the money he wants. His numbers sure don't lie on that part.

    But, unlike other of the PPO Experts, I understand that that's just my opinion, nothing more.

    =Z=
    lol, gotcha.

    Yeah, I personally don't want him. Not even sure if Young/Johnson are the answers, although I'm sure one will be on the roster come September.

    I just think we'll be able to draft a RB that can contribute more than LT or Ian Johnson.

    Personally, I like Blount out of Oregon.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  4. #14
    KevinK is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    299

    Re:Westbrook or LT

    Well...if there is ANY free agent who you think fits best as our backup/third down back??

    LT, Thomas Jones, Westbrook, Fargas, Parker, Leon washington(for a second round tender), LJ ?

    I feel LT is our best fit. But of course at a low price!

  5. #15
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,879

    Re:Westbrook or LT

    Marrdro wrote:
    I keep trying to convince all of you that AY will be CT's replacement, at least going into camp.

    In all likely hood the staff will promote AY to fill that void, promote Ian from the PS or draft a cat that will take to fill AY spot as the third back last year.

    If for some reason they get into camp and it looks like that plan isn't going to work then they will have the lattitude to bring in one of the myriad of "Old Timers" sitting out there in the wings to help out.

    By the way, all (big ALL) of those "Old Timers" will be desparate enough to sign for whatever Bryzcheapski offers them because they will have all realized that thier time to be a starter is past.
    Very possible scenario. The other consideration that the staff needs to consider is a long term injury to AD. While he is healthy its not much of a concern, if he happens to go down for any length of time, I would hope they have someone they are confident in to handle the load. Not sure AY or IJ fit this bill. CT clearly did. If we bring in a vet, I would guess that this would be a big part of the reasoning.

    I would be surprised if LT could accept playing with AD. Two legacies intersecting may be too much. Westbrook makes more sense to me from a vet perspective. Not necessarily my preference, but it seems more plausible.

  6. #16
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re:Westbrook or LT

    Tad7 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    KevinK wrote:
    Do you feel we are more likely to draft a rb in the draft? In what round do you think??? Thanks!!
    Here's what I think:

    1. LT won't be happy being a backup and 3rd-down guy.

    2. Westbrook overvalues himself and is a concussion waiting to happen.

    3. There are already 2 young RBs in Albert Young and Ian Johnson who I would like to see be given a chance at that role over a discarded retread like LT or Westbrook.

    =Z=
    Agreed
    While money is certainly an issue, I would love to bring LT or Westbrook in. They still have shown that they can be productive, just not up to their former standards, and both still have something left in the tank. The two young guys can do what they did last year, battle it out for a single spot.

    I really doubt that our RB situation doesn't change before the season begins, a draft pick is also a real possibility.

    -V-
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  7. #17
    duvaldomo's Avatar
    duvaldomo is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    903

    Re:Westbrook or LT

    AY and IJ would be solid backups and a good 3rd down back but some people are missing the point. Would if peterson gets injuried who would be scared of a offense with Jackson (pending favre)and albert young? They are not capable of carrying the load IMO. Lets say peterson is having fumbling issues this year also, will they put young in for a quarter or a half so he can learn his lesson?

  8. #18
    FuadFan's Avatar
    FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,746

    Re:Westbrook or LT

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/jim_trotter/03/09/tomlinson/index.html


    They will meet with Tomlinson on Thursday believe it or not.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

  9. #19
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re:Westbrook or LT

    FuadFan wrote:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/jim_trotter/03/09/tomlinson/index.html


    They will meet with Tomlinson on Thursday believe it or not.
    I don't think he is coming here just to chit-chat and I don't think we are having him just to shoot the shit.

    He is very likely to sign here by Thursday night I believe. And that is a solid pick-up for us. He could provide an amazing amount of veteran leadership (though I personally think he has lacked in this department in his career) and could find a very solid role here.

  10. #20
    KevinK is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    299

    Re:Westbrook or LT

    midgensa wrote:
    FuadFan wrote:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/jim_trotter/03/09/tomlinson/index.html


    They will meet with Tomlinson on Thursday believe it or not.
    I don't think he is coming here just to chit-chat and I don't think we are having him just to shoot the shit.

    He is very likely to sign here by Thursday night I believe. And that is a solid pick-up for us. He could provide an amazing amount of veteran leadership (though I personally think he has lacked in this department in his career) and could find a very solid role here.
    +1!!!!!!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Shiancoe: Westbrook could help Vikings
    By vikinggreg in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 05:55 AM
  2. Westbrook: I hate you
    By DeathtoDenny in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-20-2008, 12:06 PM
  3. Westbrook is done for the season.
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-07-2005, 07:11 AM
  4. We HAVE a Brian Westbrook
    By RandyMoss8404 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-17-2005, 12:48 PM
  5. Westbrook!
    By vikoles in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-17-2005, 09:12 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •