Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Westbrook or LT

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re:Westbrook or LT

NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    We were just talking about this here in the cubes. Boss actually brought up a good point that I completely forgot...........

Remember last year when AD and Brown were hacking on LT. I wonder if that is all smoothed over? :huh:
    Neither one were really hacking on him. Brown asked AD if he thought he was the most complete back, AD said he was. Brown asked some things specifically about LT, AD answered the questions honestly. LT retorted by saying that he felt he was more complete because he has been doing it longer than a year. That type of stuff. I don't think it was nearly as bad as some memories might make it out to be. If it was, LT wouldn't be as happy about being a 3rd down back.
    This.

How it went, AD and Brown were discussing stuff, Ad said he thought he was the best back in the league. LT disagreed. Brown said there were qualities of him that he admired, and he had all the makings of an all-time great. LT said something along the lines of "I don't have to be taken out on 3rd downs, I do everything, AD doesn't" and of course Chilly stuck up for AD saying "He's my guy".

There was no bashing of LT. There was a shot taken at AD for coming out on third downs, but thats about it. Besides, they're grown men. Its not like they're gang members, hold grudges and will kill each other. I'm sure all is cool.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    We were just talking about this here in the cubes. Boss actually brought up a good point that I completely forgot...........

Remember last year when AD and Brown were hacking on LT. I wonder if that is all smoothed over? :huh:
    Neither one were really hacking on him. Brown asked AD if he thought he was the most complete back, AD said he was. Brown asked some things specifically about LT, AD answered the questions honestly. LT retorted by saying that he felt he was more complete because he has been doing it longer than a year. That type of stuff. I don't think it was nearly as bad as some memories might make it out to be. If it was, LT wouldn't be as happy about being a 3rd down back.
    This.

How it went, AD and Brown were discussing stuff, Ad said he thought he was the best back in the league. LT disagreed. Brown said there were qualities of him that he admired, and he had all the makings of an all-time great. LT said something along the lines of "I don't have to be taken out on 3rd downs, I do everything, AD doesn't" and of course Chilly stuck up for AD saying "He's my guy".

There was no bashing of LT. There was a shot taken at AD for coming out on third downs, but thats about it. Besides, they're grown men. Its not like they're gang members, hold grudges and will kill each other. I'm sure all is cool.
    I need to go see (actually have to wait till I get home) if I can pull the interview that he did.

Basically (not verbatim) but he said he was gonna devout last year to proving cats like AD and Brown the he was still an all around back.

Maybe it wasn't as heated as I remember, but there was an issue. Again, I hope that it is smoothed over.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

here ya go Marty:

http://blog.oregonlive.com/nfl/2009/09/nfl_notebook_vikings_coach_sti.html

"LaDainian is a hell of a back and he's entitled to his opinion," Childress said. "I'm going to tell you, my guy is the best football player in the National Football League and he's the best running back in the National Football League, and I believe that."
    Tomlinson said to the Times: "Jim Brown was telling Peterson he's the best runner he'd seen in a long time. I was sitting there reading it thinking, 'Wow.'
    "The difference with me is you can put me out on that field and there will be nothing I can't do. I won't have to come off the field. Adrian has to come off sometimes on third down. Running routes, he's still not there yet. Great downhill runner, powerful, fast, all that stuff. ... But anything on that field you want me to do -- throw it, block -- I can do it. That's what I pride myself on is not having any weaknesses. And that's what makes me the best back."
    Peterson shrugged off Tomlinson's criticism. "It really doesn't matter," Peterson said. "But it's Jim Brown, so I can see why it would definitely touch a nerve.
    "The only thing I try to do is try to be the best, most complete player that I can be. And that means during the offseason if there's things that I can improve on, that make my game better, that will help the team, then those are things that I do. So, that's what I'm going to continue to focus on and continue to do and I'll let everyone else voice their opinion."....

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    here ya go Marty:

"LaDainian is a hell of a back and he's entitled to his opinion," Childress said. "I'm going to tell you, my guy is the best football player in the National Football League and he's the best running back in the National Football League, and I believe that."
    Tomlinson said to the Times: "Jim Brown was telling Peterson he's the best runner he'd seen in a long time. I was sitting there reading it thinking, 'Wow.'
    "The difference with me is you can put me out on that field and there will be nothing I can't do. I won't have to come off the field. Adrian has to come off sometimes on third down. Running routes, he's still not there yet. Great downhill runner, powerful, fast, all that stuff. ... But anything on that field you want me to do -- throw it, block -- I can do it. That's what I pride myself on is not having any weaknesses. And that's what makes me the best back."
    Peterson shrugged off Tomlinson's criticism. "It really doesn't matter," Peterson said. "But it's Jim Brown, so I can see why it would definitely touch a nerve.
    "The only thing I try to do is try to be the best, most complete player that I can be. And that means during the offseason if there's things that I can improve on, that make my game better, that will help the team, then those are things that I do. So, that's what I'm going to continue to focus on and continue to do and I'll let everyone else voice their opinion."....
    Thanks my friend.....

so I can see why it would definitely touch a nerve.
    Again, I wonder if the nerves have been untouched?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    here ya go Marty:

Thanks my friend.....

I would hope so. He seems like a good guy. This was said I believe in Peterson's second year. Prior to that, LT was the rushing champ the year before. Since, LT had an off season, Peterson was league leader in rushing. LT had a bad year, Peterson had better still. I'm sure he knows now that he's not the best in the league anymore and accepted that. I know based on the fact he said he was fine being a #2 guy and would be glad to help a young back get even better. (don't have to read between the lines)

However, I doubt it matters. When he meets with Chilly & Co. I'm sure they'll ask all they need to to determine if LT's a good fit. They'll see his attitude towards being a backup, see how he likes Minny, and see if there's anything still there between LT and AD.

I really think that if we can sign LT that it will do A LOT for Peterson. I think that Peterson will value LT's opinions and advice for how to improve. He would be another coach on the sideline aside from the additional pressure he would put on opposing defenses schemes.

This would be an upgrade in talent and at a relatively low cost. The jersey sales and additional buzz this move would make, probably goes a long way toward ensuring the Silver Fox's return. Not to mention a shot in the arm to the Stadium issue.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    here ya go Marty:

Thanks my friend.....

I would hope so. He seems like a good guy. This was said I believe in Peterson's second year. Prior to that, LT was the rushing champ the year before. Since, LT had an off season, Peterson was league leader in rushing. LT had a bad year, Peterson had better still. I'm sure he knows now that he's not the best in the league anymore and accepted that. I know based on the fact he said he was fine being a #2 guy and would be glad to help a young back get even better. (don't have to read between the lines)

However, I doubt it matters. When he meets with Chilly & Co. I'm sure they'll ask all they need to to determine if LT's a good fit. They'll see his attitude towards being a backup, see how he likes Minny, and see if there's anything still there between LT and AD.
    Good point on the Chiller. Wonder how he will smooth it over with him? He did say AD was his guy. If a nerve was touched, that could have irritated it a bit.

slavinator wrote:
    I really think that if we can sign LT that it will do A LOT for Peterson. I think that Peterson will value LT's opinions and advice for how to improve. He would be another coach on the sideline aside from the additional pressure he would put on opposing defenses schemes.

This would be an upgrade in talent and at a relatively low cost. The jersey sales and additional buzz this move would make, probably goes a long way toward ensuring the Silver Fox's return. Not to mention a shot in the arm to the Stadium issue.
    Comeon my friend. You know I won't let that slide....... :P

Coaches coach, players play.

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    slavinator wrote:

Comeon my friend. You know I won't let that slide....... :P

Coaches coach, players play.
    So would you say having Favre didn't help with Rice/Harvin/TJ/Sage's development?

I seem to recall a quote from Harvin saying he's listening and taking in all he can from Favre.

Could have sworn he was one of those player things... Guess not.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

From all the reports that I have read it seems like LT knows he will only be a third down back and he is ok with it. Why wouldnt peterson be on board?

According to Schefter and Judd they are going over contract stuff now.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast