Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Westbrook or LT

KevinK is offline Starter

Westbrook or LT

Just a quick question. Who at this point is a better rb? Westbrook or LT or Chester Taylor?

And if the Vikes were to sign either LT or Westbrook would they make more money in their contract than what Taylor made with the Bears?? Im only asking because Im just curious on the Vikings thought of this on a buisness level.

I also want to say that I notice we still have every starter on our team from last year. So I feel we are in good shape but we still need a "spark" to add more depth in something!

Do you feel we are more likely to draft a rb in the draft? In what round do you think??? Thanks!!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re:Westbrook or LT

LT is talking to the Vikings, among other teams... according to Kevin Seifert.

http://twitter.com/espn_nfcnblog
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

KevinK wrote:
    Do you feel we are more likely to draft a rb in the draft? In what round do you think??? Thanks!!
    Here's what I think:

1. LT won't be happy being a backup and 3rd-down guy.

2. Westbrook overvalues himself and is a concussion waiting to happen.

3. There are already 2 young RBs in Albert Young and Ian Johnson who I would like to see be given a chance at that role over a discarded retread like LT or Westbrook.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Westbrook and LT are probably going to want more than we can give them in money and playing time.

Better fit = Westbrook.... He could do 3rd downs well if he wanted to play that role.

Better back = LT... I think he could still get the ball in the endzone but AD proved he could do that last season with 18 TDs. I would trust LT more than Westbrook to run the ball well.

Best health = LT... I think that he was starting to hit his stride, not quite to the back of old, but he was looking more comfortable towards the end of the season.

I tend to agree with Z that we need to give the young guys a shot. My thought is that we could use that money elsewhere since CT has decided to leave. I just hope that we can get the guy we need. Sharper is/will be available, just kidding.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Why is no one mentioning Thomas Jones?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Does anyone want to spend more than what we were going to pay Taylor for a 3rd down back?

I would have paid CT that much out of loyalty to him for sticking with this organization. But I don't think I want to go out and spend that much money on someone new coming into the organization. Just a thought! I am not set in stone on this idea, I could change my mind with the right situation.

C Mac D wrote:
    Why is no one mentioning Thomas Jones?
    I'm not really a fan of his, either. He's had a lot of carries the past few years, and he's hitting the RB-wall-number of 31 years old.

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I keep trying to convince all of you that AY will be CT's replacement, at least going into camp.

In all likely hood the staff will promote AY to fill that void, promote Ian from the PS or draft a cat that will take to fill AY spot as the third back last year.

If for some reason they get into camp and it looks like that plan isn't going to work then they will have the lattitude to bring in one of the myriad of "Old Timers" sitting out there in the wings to help out.

By the way, all (big ALL) of those "Old Timers" will be desparate enough to sign for whatever Bryzcheapski offers them because they will have all realized that thier time to be a starter is past.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Zeus wrote:
    KevinK wrote:
    Here's what I think:

1. LT won't be happy being a backup and 3rd-down guy.

2. Westbrook overvalues himself and is a concussion waiting to happen.

3. There are already 2 young RBs in Albert Young and Ian Johnson who I would like to see be given a chance at that role over a discarded retread like LT or Westbrook.

=Z=
    Agreed
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Marrdro wrote:
    I keep trying to convince all of you that AY will be CT's replacement, at least going into camp.
    All of us? Scroll up. You don't need to convince me, since that's what I posted earlier.

=Z=

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast