Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Welcome to Overreaction Nation

There are 15 weeks left in the 2007 NFL season.

For a bunch of teams, however, it's pointless to keep playing. Their seasons are over. Done almost before they even got started. More cooked than Britney Spears and Larry Craig, combined.

In other words, it's time to focus on the draft, think about free agency and maybe get the youngsters in there for a few series as you play out the string.

Read on:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=kjackson/070919

I enjoyed reading this article because it's the truth, and 75% of the people on this site are evidence of it, which is why I felt it should be posted.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Welcome to Overreaction Nation

Thats some funny (but true) crap my friend.
    I just spammed that one out to all my peeps. Thanks.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

My favorite is all the Packer fans that are screaming super bowl and all the Vikings fans that are calling for TJs head. Soon it will be a 180 and the Packer fans will be saying this is a rebuilding year and the Vikings fans will be saying how they never doubted TJ and he is our savior again.
    :

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Here's a companion Quiz:

[size=14pt]Vote: How have you overreacted?[/size]
    http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?event_id=3156
    You've all been in this scenario, SportsNation: your favorite team has won its first two games. You're on top of the world. Everything is going right in your life; flowers smell better, the sun seems brighter, your fantasy team seems less terrible. It's a good feeling. So good, in fact, that you begin to question whether it'll ever end. Will your team win the Super Bowl? Of course. Go undefeated? Hey, someone had to. Hey, didn't they win all their preseason games as well?

Of course, you've been in the opposite camp. Your team has started off 0-2 and can't seem to do anything right. Your star QB? He's a bum. You could probably make better decisions in the pocket than he does, and you haven't played quarterback since Tecmo Bowl. Your genius head coach? Suddenly suffering from a severe head trauma that impairs basic mental functions, such as speaking, cognitive reasoning, and mismanaging time outs. What's the solution? Fire 'em all, of course. Blow it up! Start over! There's no way they're coming back from this.

We'd like you to take a collective step back, SportsNation, and stop to consider your options. We know you love your football, and sometimes you're prone to overreact, but you may have gone too far this time. Take this simple psychological test below to figure out just how much you overreact. Cast your vote now!
    Go to the link to take the test!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Yeah a couple weeks in and you would have thought the some of the fan base was gonna drink some purple kool-aid,sport some purple nikes and go chasing a comet all over again.
    seemed like the apocalypse or something.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

LMAO!
    That is the funniest thing I have read in a long, long time.
    My favorite quote:
    It's war now. The doomsday crew is soon met by the optimistic crowd, eager to point out that if Seattle hadn't fumbled away a 2-0 start, this board would be all milk, cookies and dreams of a trip to Glendale, Ariz., in early February. "The sky is falling, the sky is falling!" writes "FB," mocking those writing off the season over one failed play.
    Are sure he was reading the Seahawks forum?
    Because that sounds a helluva lot like PP.O... ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    LMAO!
    My favorite quote:
    It's war now. The doomsday crew is soon met by the optimistic crowd, eager to point out that if Seattle hadn't fumbled away a 2-0 start, this board would be all milk, cookies and dreams of a trip to Glendale, Ariz., in early February. "The sky is falling, the sky is falling!" writes "FB," mocking those writing off the season over one failed play.
    I kindof feel like I resemble some of that.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

The passionate frustration immediately after a loss can sometimes get a man to say crazy things that he doesn't really mean. Like once in awhile my pops would say " I'm never gonna watch another game again. I'M SERIOUS."
    I learned to just let him vent instead of arguing with him.
    Of course some people really are gloomy guses, but, in all fairness to the loggers quoted in this article, they may have retracted later on.
    Have I ever told you what an outstanding humanitarian I am?

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    LMAO!
    My favorite quote:
    Something tells me half of the NFL teams' threads are like that...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    LMAO!
    My favorite quote:
    Something tells me half of the NFL teams' threads are like that...
    That's because most NFL fans are idiots.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast