Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Week 7 - The Final Word Power Poll

[size=16pt]The Final Word Power Poll[/size]

As always, based upon the ONLY stat which matters.

1. (tie) Chicago - 6-0
    1. (tie) Indianapolis - 6-0
    3. (tie) New England - 5-1
    3. (tie) Denver - 5-1
    3. (tie) New Orleans - 5-1
    6. (tie) Minnesota - 4-2
    6. (tie) Baltimore - 4-2
    6. (tie) Cincinnati - 4-2
    6. (tie) San Diego - 4-2
    6. (tie) NY Giants - 4-2
    6. (tie) Atlanta - 4-2
    6. (tie) Seattle - 4-2
    6. (tie) St. Louis - 4-2
    14. (tie) NY Jets - 4-3
    14. (tie) Philadelphia - 4-3
    14. (tie) Carolina - 4-3
    17. (tie) Jacksonville - 3-3
    17. (tie) Kansas City - 3-3
    17. (tie) Dallas - 3-3
    20. (tie) Pittsburgh - 2-4
    20. (tie) Houston - 2-4
    20. (tie) Green Bay - 2-4
    20. (tie) Tampa Bay - 2-4
    20. (tie) San Francisco - 2-4
    25. (tie) Buffalo - 2-5
    25. (tie) Washington - 2-5
    27. (tie) Cleveland - 1-5
    27. (tie) Tennessee - 1-5
    27. (tie) Oakland - 1-5
    30. (tie) Miami - 1-6
    30. (tie) Detroit - 1-6
    30. (tie) Arizona - 1-6

Take it to the bank and open a 6-month CD, because this one is GOLD, Jerry!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Week 7 - The Final Word Power Poll

Nice, now I'll throw in the wannabe =Z= prognosticator's polls:

[size=12pt]ESPN[/size]

#1 Bears
    Think the Bears will miss S Mike Brown? Last time he was out -- the four games before their playoff loss last year -- the Bears' defense allowed 50 more yards rushing per game.

#12 Vikings
    The Seattle win was impressive. Still, we have doubts. Now, beat New England on Monday night and we'll say it loud and proud (or at least in all caps) that the Vikings are Super Bowl contenders.

#23 Packers
    Ahman Green was running wild, Brett Favre was throwing TDs and the defense was forcing turnovers. For one glorious afternoon, life was again good for the Cheeseheads.

#28 Lions
    Jon Kitna says the Lions are so bad that even when they do something right, refs assume they cheated and throw a flag. Um, can you blame them?

[size=12pt]CBS Sportsline[/size]

#1 Bears
    Maybe the week off got them back refocused after that horrible showing in Arizona. The schedule is still favorable for a few weeks.

#11 Vikings
    That was a big-time victory at Seattle. Brad Childress has this team playing really good football. The defense is playing well.

#24 Packers
    Winning on the road at Miami is a good sign for this young team. Mike McCarthy had to be thrilled with the effort.

#31 Lions
    The defense is awful and it shows up every week. Can Matt Millen get a mulligan for his receiver-heavy drafts?

[size=12pt]Fox Sports[/size]

#1 Bears
    America’s still talking about the Bears 20 point fourth quarter comeback win two weeks ago in Arizona. Some stats that are still lingering in football circles: Brian Urlacher — 19 tackles. Edgerrin James — 36 carries, 54 yards. The Bears — six turnovers in a win. Unbelievable stuff. How good is Chicago this year? The Bears are favored by more than 15 points against the 49ers this weekend. And no one’s blinking an eye. Now it's time for the real question — when are we getting a Super Bowl Shuffle remix? Will Rex Grossman don some shades and a headband? Does Lance Briggs play the Refrigerator Perry role? The nation needs this.

#18 Vikings
    The Vikings won the “Steve Hutchinson Bowl” behind Brad Johnson’s arm and Chester Taylor’s legs. But Hutchinson, himself, played a major role in the biggest play of the game. By holding his block for an extra second as a hole opened up, Hutchinson gave Chester Taylor the running room needed for his game-breaking 90 yard touchdown scamper. The Vikings are now 4-2, heading into a Monday night showdown with the red-hot Patriots.

#26 Packers
    Ahman Green rushed for 118 yards and a touchdown Sunday, as the Packers put up 34 points on the scoreboard against the Dolphins. For our analysis, we again bring in FOXSports.com’s resident Packers expert, senior editor James Reineking: “Are the Packers Super Bowl bound? In what is an obvious sign that the green and gold is headed back to Miami for SB XLI, the Packers won in South Florida for the first time since SB II. Can we mention Super Bowl one more time? Yes, Super Bowl!” Nothing like good old-fashioned Midwestern optimism.

#29 Lions
    In April 2005, there was great excitement in Detroit about the Lions wide receiver corps. Joey Harrington would be passing to three top 10 picks for years to come: Mike Williams, Roy Williams, and Charles Rogers. Fast forward 18 months, and check the box score from Sunday’s game. Harrington and Rogers are gone, and Williams and Williams combined for 2 catches and 29 yards. The big playmaker for Detroit last weekend? Unheralded wideout Mike Furrey — who caught 9 balls for 109 yards and a stunning touchdown grab. Nice to meet you, Mr. Furrey. How's it feel to be the fantasy football waiver wire pickup du jour?

[size=12pt]Dr. Z, SI[/size]

#1 Bears
    Nickelback Ricky Manning Jr. pleaded no contest to charges stemming from an altercation last spring, and I'm not really sure what that word means -- punching? yelling? spitting? cursing? And the Bears are hoping the league won't add a suspension to the court's earlier sentence of three years' probation and anger management classes. The Redhead says she has a perfect candidate for anger management, an overweight individual she happens to be staring at right now. "On second thought," she says, "it wouldn't work. You'd be bored, disruptive, disrespectful, disdainful."

#6 Vikings
    Here they come, folks, the parade of 4-2s, no fewer than eight of them, a thrashing unruly mess to sort out. Am I anxious about the Vikes' appearance on ESPN's Monday-night show? You bet. Forget the game. I understand the special guest in the booth will be Rep. Mark Foley.

#23 Packers
    Koren Robinson has been suspended for the year, Robert Ferguson is lost with a Lisfranc injury to the foot. OK, there's room for one. All applicants line up over there. Well, there are some familiar faces: David Boston and Corey Bradford, Scottie Vines and Tyrone Calico. OK, GM Ted Thompson, who's it gonna be? Oh, I see, you're promoting a free agent, Chris Francies, from the taxi squad? I'm sure you know what you're doing. I just don't want to be there when you tell Brett Favre.

#31 Lions
    Dominic Riola, the center, had a perfectly legitimate-looking block that set up a 21-yard gain in the second quarter against the Jets. A holding penalty wiped out the play. QB Jon Kitna was not so much angry as saddened, and disgusted. He offered this commentary, which is so true that it makes you want to weep for the downtrodden of this league: "When you're a bad team and something looks funny, they throw the flag on you just because they think they should. It was so perfect a block, so perfect a wipeout, that they figured there had to be something wrong with it. So they threw the flag." OK, NFL, what is the price Kitna must now pay for his eulogy? Fining? Flogging? The stocks, the branding iron? You know he's not about to repent -- or convert.

[size=12pt]About.com[/size]

#1 Bears
    There are a couple intriguing questions surrounding this team following their bye week. How will Rex Grossman bounce back now that the rest of the league has a blueprint on how to play him? And how much will the defense miss safety and team leader Mike Brown?

#12 Vikings
    They may not look pretty doing it, but the Vikings have beaten some quality teams (Seattle, Carolina) on the road this year. It’s time to start viewing this team as a legitimate playoff contender.

#24 Packers
    Donald Driver is still a solid target for Brett Favre, but with Koren Robinson suspended for a year and Robert Ferguson now on injured reserve, the Packers receiving corps becomes very young and inexperienced.

#29 Lions
    With run-stuffing DT Shaun Rogers on suspension, the Jets rushed for 221 yards and averaged 5.3 yards per rush. Coming into the game, they were averaging 98 yards per game on the ground and 3.3 yards per carry.

[size=12pt]Gridiron Grumblings[/size]

#1 Bears
    #7 Vikings
    #21 Packers
    #30 Lions

[size=12pt]Football Outsiders[/size]

#1 Bears
    #14 Vikings
    #22 Packers
    #25 Lions

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

way to finally give the vikes some props zues....
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

So they all want to see the Vikes beat the Pats before they give them kudos. How about if the Vikes lose by a point. Will we drop in the polls like a rock with all the "experts" saying, "We told you so, the Seattle and Carolina wins were a fluke?"
    Or how about if we win by a point? Will then they say it was not a convincing win and keep us at the same place in the polls.
    Either way the Vikes lose. the ONLY way the Vikes win is if they win by 14 or more points.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

I chuckle that last week, everybody was saying they'd consider the Vikes to be for real if they could put up against Seattle.

Legitimately, we should be expecting:
    If the Vikings can pull of Sunday's Superbowl upset, they they may prove they deserve to be there...

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    I chuckle that last week, everybody was saying they'd consider the Vikes to be for real if they could put up against Seattle.

If the Vikings can pull of Sunday's Superbowl upset, they they may prove they deserve to be there...
    Hell, if we win the Super Bowl, we'll have to win it the next year too just to prove we earned it the first time around.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:

Hell, if we win the Super Bowl, we'll have to win it the next year too just to prove we earned it the first time around.
    Haha...I agree! I feel like Rodney Dangerfield, no repsect.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

We have an average rating of 12, being 2-1 against teams with winning records and 2-1 against losing teams.

Honestly, I would rank the Vikes 9th at most right now. We are gaining respect, but the media just has not put on their purple glasses yet.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Packkill3r is offline Training Camp

I like looking at the power polls, but it really means jack shit cuz it is just a few peoples invision on where teams are ranked. Good thing about the playoffs is that all you have to do is make it, and you have a shot at the SuperBowl. But, if this was college ball, and they had the Vikes at #18, I would be throwing a purple fit cuz they would no shot at anything. Remember when ESPN picked the Vikes beat the Colts in the SuperBowl, look what that got us, NATTA.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

7. Minnesota (4-2; unranked):
    The Vikings won't have long to enjoy their eye-opening victory at Seattle. They host New England next.

the nfl gonzo err. guru seems to think each week we can prove ourselves more.

course.. we went from unranked to 7??? that's gotta be one of the biggest jumps i've seen yet.

4. New England (5-1; unchanged): The Patriots look to be kicking into a higher gear at the right time.

notice they don't say anything about them playing us?
    wonder what'll happen when we beat them?

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast