Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Week 11 NFL Power Rankings

Where are you AWZeus?
    We need the Final Word rankings.

=====================================

The rankings according to the peasants in cyberworld:

[size=12pt]ESPN[/size]

Bears (3)
    Second City? Not any more. Chicago dominates New York on back-to-back weekends.

Packers (22)
    If Brett Favre isn't healthy enough to make consecutive start No. 252 that leaves just Ingle Martin, who's never taken a snap in the regular season. Miller stock just went up.

Vikings (24)
    Vikings' run defense is too good. By shutting teams down, it forces them to pass against a secondary that's so bad it managed to make Joey Harrington look good.

Lions (31)
    Detroit is in an uproar now after losing to Arizona, but that will be nothing compared to the reaction if Joey Harrington returns to Ford Field on Thanksgiving and walks out with a win.

[size=12pt]CBS Sportsline[/size]

Bears (2)
    They aren't pretty, but they keep winning. Now they get a real test at New England to close out a three-game road swing.

Packers (21)
    Against the Patriots they learned they aren't yet in that class. But that shouldn't dampen the progress they've been making.

Vikings (22)
    Their season has gone bad quickly. A month ago, they were playoff contenders. Not anymore.

Lions (32)
    Losing to the Cardinals is perfect for the kind of season the Lions have had. With the first pick ....

[size=12pt]Fox Sports[/size]

Bears (3)
    The Bears defense dominated a team from New York for the second straight week on Sunday. Brian Urlacher intercepted Chad Pennington in the end zone during the first half, and the Bears shut the Jets down from that point on. And though the score might not show it, the Bears offense was pretty impressive in the win, too. Thomas Jones garbled up 121 yards, and Rex Grossman played smart, heady quarterback—completing several fourth quarter completions to keep the ball out of the Jets’ hands. They say defense and special teams win championships. The Bears have the best of both in the entire league.

Packers (22)
    Tough loss for the Packers on Sunday. For some perspective, we turn to FOXSports.com senior editor and die-hard Packers fan Jimmy “Rhino” Reineking: “Packers fans got a glimpse of what life will be like when Brett Favre retires. Turns out, Aaron Rodgers won’t be quite as durable as the NFL’s Ironman, suffering a season-ending injury in his first extended NFL action.” Is Aaron Rodgers the next Ryan Minor? He can only hope.

Vikings (23)
    The Vikes have now lost four straight contests and are in the midst of a colossal downward spiral. Minnesota held Miami to minus 2 yards rushing on Sunday, yet lost the game 24-20. Now a 4-6 team on the outside of the playoff bubble, the Vikings face former coach Dennis Green and the Arizona Cardinals next week. A win, and they’re back in the playoff discussion. A loss? Time to start talking NFL draft.

Lions (32)
    Is it Thanksgiving time already? You know what that means — time for yet another embarrassing performance by the Lions on national TV! And this time? It’ll be their former quarterback Joey Harrington lighting them up. Bad times in Detroit for Lions fans these days. Bad times, in deed. The bright side? The NFL draft is only five months away.

[size=12pt]Dr. Z-SI[/size]

Bears (1)
    Do I really think they're the best, after they slopped around all day and took lumps from the Jets' defense? No, I don't. Do I think the Colts are the best, after Dallas beat them? No. The answer is that I don't have a No. 1 team, unless I fall back on that old chestnut of placing two teams in a tie for the position, and both Andrew and Jimmy (remember him?) informed me that if I resorted to that lame copout, I could edit the thing myself. And then you wouldn't be able to understand it.

Packers (23)
    While everybody was moaning about Favre's bum elbow, his backup, Aaron Rodgers, quietly broke his left foot and was lost for the season. No one will say who did it. Everyone's gone D&D on this one, deaf and dumb. Scotland Yard will crack this case.

Vikings (24)
    Yep, they're the ones who held the Dolphins to minus-three on the ground. They led the league in rushing defense before the game, and now they're just about out of sight, 165 yards ahead of the Patriots, their closest pursuers. I realize that this hardly takes the place of a winning record, but it's still better than a losing record with lousy stats.

Lions (32)
    Offensive coordinator Mike Martz has been mentioned as a possible replacement for Arizona's Dennis Green, based, no doubt, on this showcase performance of 281 total yards against the Cards, four sacks and a one-yard rushing TD late in the fourth quarter when they were down, 17-3. Who knows, this could be good enough to swing the election. You never can figure what exotica the Bidwills might come up with.

[size=12pt]About.com[/size]

Bears (1)
    With six games remaining, the Bears have a five-game lead in the NFC North and a three-game lead on the rest of the NFC for home-field advantage, which is almost unheard of at this point of the season.

Packers (23)
    With 251 consecutive starts under his belt, my money’s on Brett Favre to play against the Seahawks this Sunday. If not, rookie third-stringer Ingle Martin will be forced into action.

Vikings (24)
    Is Chester Taylor wearing down in his first season as the featured back? Since week seven, he has averaged just 3.3 yards per carry.

Lions (32)
    How ironic would it be for Joey Harrington to have a good game in leading the Miami Dolphins past the Lions on Thanksgiving day?

[size=12pt]Gridiron Grumblings[/size]

Bears (1)
    Vikings (20)
    Packers (22)
    Lions (30)

[size=12pt]Football Outsiders[/size]

Bears (1)
    Vikings (17)
    Packers (21)
    Lions (30)
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Week 11 NFL Power Rankings

I'm actually surprised we're as high as we are on some of those lists.
    As pointless as those rankings are, they still manage to piss me off from time to time.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Week 11 NFL Power Rankings

The Vikes have now lost four straight contests and are in the midst of a colossal downward spiral. Minnesota held Miami to minus 2 yards rushing on Sunday, yet lost the game 24-20. Now a 4-6 team on the outside of the playoff bubble, the Vikings face former coach Dennis Green and the Arizona Cardinals next week. A win, and they’re back in the playoff discussion. A loss? Time to start talking NFL draft.
    This sums it up.
    I'm sure Denny is coming to town looking at this game as the SB.
    The Vikings better beat them into the ground like it's a game playing for a BCS ranking.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain