Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Week 1 QBR Assessment

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/69...al-qbr-leaders

Mcnabb comes in 1 spot behind Tjoke. 1 SPOT!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/69...al-qbr-leaders

Mcnabb comes in 1 spot behind Tjoke. 1 SPOT!
    And the singular proof that you need to know that all QB stats are worthless is to see that Tony Romo (No Homo!) is #11 of 29 in this week's rankings. He single-handedly cost his team that game last night at the end of the 4th quarter.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    And the singular proof that you need to know that all QB stats are worthless is to see that Tony Romo (No Homo!) is #11 of 29 in this week's rankings. He single-handedly cost his team that game last night at the end of the 4th quarter.

=Z=
    Very true. However, I do love seeing Ryan Fitzpatrick at #1. I watched the whole game. And he was AWESOME.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Very true. However, I do love seeing Ryan Fitzpatrick at #1. I watched the whole game. And he was AWESOME.
    Told at least 2 people in FF drafts this year that Fiztpatrick was going to be awesome.

=Z=

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Told at least 2 people in FF drafts this year that Fiztpatrick was going to be awesome.

=Z=
    He was my backup last year, but I only used him one week because Rivers was so fantastic.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    They just updated it after MNF. I thought Brady would be number 1. But he ended up only being #3 on the list. Don't know what else he could have done to beat Rodgers and Fitzpatrick. MNF AND Patriots team record for passing yards. That one interception probably hurt his rating quite a bit.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Blog Entries
    QBR is stupid. I hate it. ESPN is just trying to market this hardcore because they had nothing else to do during the lockout.

One of the factors for it is "Clutch" which means playing from behind. So if you're team is ahead the whole time it goes against the QBR. I believe. Stupid
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    They just updated it after MNF. I thought Brady would be number 1. But he ended up only being #3 on the list. Don't know what else he could have done to beat Rodgers and Fitzpatrick. MNF AND Patriots team record for passing yards. That one interception probably hurt his rating quite a bit.
    Remember - one of the factors in QBR is actual yard the pass spent in the air. The 99-yarder to Welkuuuuuuuh was only like a 15-yard pass with 84 yards of YAC. QBR doesn't just blindly give Brady credit for that.

=Z=

Blog Entries
    Remember - one of the factors in QBR is actual yard the pass spent in the air. The 99-yarder to Welkuuuuuuuh was only like a 15-yard pass with 84 yards of YAC. QBR doesn't just blindly give Brady credit for that.

=Z=
    I can see the merit in that, but still, the QB set up that play and should get credit. Stupid ESPN
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    If all you were going by was the 4th quarter it would be way off, but it's for the whole game and Romo had 64% 342 yds and 2td.

I don't like there rating system though, too subjective, no way to verify.

Not too far off from the old Qb rating system. Fitzpatrick was #1, followed by Rodgers, Kolb, Brady.

McNabb finished 32 or 32 according to the old system.

On a small scale it's not very accurate(say 1 game), but over a season or a career it usually is a pretty good indicator of where a player is compared to his peers. Last year the top Qbs were Brady, Rivers, Rodgers, Vick, Roethlisburger.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast