Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Weak signals: Several teams face QB issues this offseason

"Marrdro" wrote:
    ...Why would you say B-wade is a joke?...
    Because he has a boring name.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Vikings" wrote:
    I like Jackson people put him down but if you really think about who does he have to pass to. Our only wr is Bobby Wade... and he is a joke. We need to get Jackson some wepons and then see how good he does
    i guess sidney rice is no one
    same thing with allison and ferg.
    nice post
    Why would you say B-wade is a joke?

Because he doesn't streak down the side line and beat CB's in jump ball scenarios?
    Maybe its because he only goes across the middle, running precise routes all the while making hard catches in traffic (guys that out weigh him by at least 40lbs).

Could it be that you are a bit confused on what his role is and that is why you call him a joke?

I still find it amazing that after two years of watching this staff find pieces to the puzzle that will eventually comprise the WCO, people still don't understand the basic concepts of it.

Maybe its time to bring up the ole WCO 101 links again.
    Maybe ole B-wade will get a little respect for what he does.
    Actually I thin the vast majority of Vikings fans understand Wade's role and appreciate it.
    There are always a handful, however, that think that the only way a WR can be considered valuable to the team is if they can catch the long ball for a TD or two every game...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Vikings" wrote:
    I like Jackson people put him down but if you really think about who does he have to pass to. Our only wr is Bobby Wade... and he is a joke. We need to get Jackson some wepons and then see how good he does
    nice post

Because he doesn't streak down the side line and beat CB's in jump ball scenarios?
    Maybe its because he only goes across the middle, running precise routes all the while making hard catches in traffic (guys that out weigh him by at least 40lbs).

Could it be that you are a bit confused on what his role is and that is why you call him a joke?

I still find it amazing that after two years of watching this staff find pieces to the puzzle that will eventually comprise the WCO, people still don't understand the basic concepts of it.

Actually I thin the vast majority of Vikings fans understand Wade's role and appreciate it.
    There are always a handful, however, that think that the only way a WR can be considered valuable to the team is if they can catch the long ball for a TD or two every game...
    Your right NP.
    Until I educate them all I guess I must continue to give my boy B-wade nothing but support.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Vikings" wrote:
    nice post
    Now that you mention it, Ferg IS no one. ;D Just my opinion. Allison and Rice are still learning the game though that catch by Rice on the sidelines was sweet. I'm guessing the post was pointing out that the 'Vikes are in desperate need of a go to guy at reciever. A claim that I for one would not dispute. The qb question is being addressed. The 'Vikes need to do Something1 Slap some ability and consistancy into Jackson or let him muddle thru the season. Atlanta, the Jets, the 49ers, the raiders all face some sort of qb quandry. Just goes to show how lucky NE is to turn a 7th round turd into a superstar.
    Tuco the world.....

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Because average players should not be praised, even if their role is to be average.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Now your cracking Wildwoman up.
    She says that isn't a very good reason.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Vikings" wrote:
    nice post

we are just spoiled by what we had in the past. that is all.

"V" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Because average players should not be praised, even if their role is to be average.
    Hmmm, wonder what his numbers would stack up against the other slot recievers in the league (barring Welker of course).

Judging by your comment he is probably average.
    ;D

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Very interesting read my friend.
    Thanks.

Solution: McNabb's name also gets floated here because Minnesota coach Brad Childress used to work in Philadelphia. That could be a great solution. But the Vikings are a team that can afford to draft a rookie because Peterson will take away a lot of the pressure.
    If this involves giving up any of our top picks (well anyof them for that matter) then it isn't much of a solution if you ask me.

For all you McNabb crotchsniffers I am not doubting his talent or the fact that he would make the team better AT QB, but I am concerned how he will hurt the bigger picture of the team.

Again, probably gonna take a least a 1rst and a 3rd to get him.
    First round picks are usually expected to provide immediate impact either as a starter or as a primary backup.
    A 3rd rounder usually fills the role of a backup/ST player.

If I was calling the shots, I would pass on McNabb, sign another 2nd tier QB to back up TJ, draft a QB someplace on on the second day to develop and hope to pray the Lights come on for TJ this year.

I would then use the 1rst and 3rd round pick on a mix of DE, S, WR or DT, and use the CAP figure he would command to sign some additional FA to shore up a few holes on the team.

Again, thats just me.
    ;D
    I have to agree with you there...

Plus I happen to like what I've been seeing out of T-Jack.
    Give him a weapon or two and he'll develop even quicker...

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Hmmm, wonder what his numbers would stack up against the other slot recievers in the league (barring Welker of course).

Judging by your comment he is probably average.

;D
    i really hate saying this but this guy always makes dumb comments like this, sorry for sounding like a douchebag, he just annoys me

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast