Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: We are taking 3 steps back on offense from the 2002-2005 era.

Yeah Michael Benett has every right to be considered better than Larry Johnson. He has better hands and is alot better in the open field. Larry Johnson had never had to find holes in Kansas City, they were already truck lanes wide open for him to run through, just like there was for priest holmes, just like their was for derrick blaylock.
    Did we know any of them before they werent led by Kansas Citys offensive line?
    Definitely not. This year will be more of a struggle for him with the departure of Willie Roaf and al saunders as offensive coordinator.
    Michael Benett is not going to win the starting job unless Larry gets injured, but michael can do alot more in the open field.
    Larry is a brusier, but Michael is a better back.

I admit the Koren Robinson case was my fault, as I didnt get the whole scoop on the story, but many people in the nfl get dui's and their not suspended. A DUI is definitely as bad as an assault or something in that case.

By the way, arent you already over 30? Dont you have anything better to do with your life that chat on p.p.o all the time, maybe like a job?
    This is a message board tough guy, everybody is entitled to their own opinion. Yeah but I forgot, youre probably a deer hunting, truck jamboree beer drinking redneck who doesnt even have a passport, better yet been outside of your own state. Oh well.

ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

Consider this, dear Tillman:

Your post seems to suggest that you think what you've seen of the Vikings O unit in preseason play will be representative of the whole year. I don't think such an assumption is tenable at all and here's two reasons why: 1) We already know that Childress is using a limited playbook in the preseason. 2) And then this is also only week 2 of the *pre* season. Things will be different, but whether the team changes for the better is another matter all together.

Moreoever it seems like you're attached to players and not the team. Are you getting nostalgic for standout players of past seasons? Why? Daunte Culpepper, Onterrio Smith, Bennet, Moss, Chris Carter....All great athletes, but they never helped the Vikings win a super bowl. So, why not have some patience and see what the new strategy produces. Sure, you might want to do it differently, but you're not the coach. So what can you do?
    Maybe the suggestion to go play Madden is just what you need.

I think it's pretty useless to make predictions based on past performance in the when it comes to sports, especially team sports. Despite what the "experts" say, they don't know jack (that's one sweet deal for them, getting paid to broadcast their opinions). Relax, chill out and see what happens. Afterall, there's nothing you, I, or any other fan can really do to change the course that the Vikings are on, whatever that may be.

Del Rio Guest

"Tillmanhasnoballs84" wrote:
    Yeah Michael Benett has every right to be considered better than Larry Johnson. He has better hands and is alot better in the open field. Larry Johnson had never had to find holes in Kansas City, they were already truck lanes wide open for him to run through, just like there was for priest holmes, just like their was for derrick blaylock.
    Definitely not. This year will be more of a struggle for him with the departure of Willie Roaf and al saunders as offensive coordinator.
    Michael Benett is not going to win the starting job unless Larry gets injured, but michael can do alot more in the open field.

I admit the Koren Robinson case was my fault, as I didnt get the whole scoop on the story, but many people in the nfl get dui's and their not suspended. A DUI is definitely as bad as an assault or something in that case.

By the way, arent you already over 30? Dont you have anything better to do with your life that chat on p.p.o all the time, maybe like a job?
    This is a message board tough guy, everybody is entitled to their own opinion. Yeah but I forgot, youre probably a deer hunting, truck jamboree beer drinking redneck who doesnt even have a passport, better yet been outside of your own state. Oh well.

I'm 28 and yes I hunt deer, I fish and I most definately do not have a passport. I have been outside of my state. In fact I would be willing to bet I have been outside my state for football related things then most people have been out period.

You are entitled to your opinion, and I am entitled to tell you I think its bullshit. I do drink beer you can to when you hit 21 years of age. Or maybe you can have a bum buy you some if you get hard up. And finally I am most definately a redneck. What sucks for you is if I am a redneck......and my posts make more sense then yours.......what does that say about you? Kinda sad huh?

I do have a job. I went to school and got me a degree that allows me to sit at a desk and wait for someone to bring me an idea to draw and then I draw it. I know the grease burns your skin and you come home smelling like fry sauce and asshole, but one day you too will be able to be gainfully employed keep working on that thinking thing, one day you will get that and the money will follow.

Every concern you have brought up has been addressed in other threads. So I will go ahead and say right now I'm not going to waste my time totally destroying your fallacies and misinformed spew of a post, because if I did you would undoubtably ignore it and go on picking your nose.

So at this point I will say I think your wrong. You are entitled to your opinion weather I disagree with it or not. So I agree to disagree.

ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

Grow up.

You may be entitled to your own opinion, but you're not entitled to launch personal attacks. Flaming won't win you any friends or respect. It's down right offensive and you show why there is still a need for babysitting and policing of this site.

I think you've also shown us that you're an insentitive, pathetic prick who only deserves to be ignored.

thank you colorado vike for actually reading the post.

You actually had a very good post, but the fact of the matter is that we dont have the personell on offense to scare anyone. Thats all im saying.
    Im not criticizng Childress or the playbook, but even a fool could see that our personell on offense is lacking.
    That could easily change with the addition of Tarvaris into the starting lineup and the stepping up of Troy Williamson, Travis Taylor, Marcus Robinson and Jason Carter this year.
    The offensive line is solid, but our backs dont look very fast in making cuts and we don't have a back like Brian Westbrook of the eagles or even someon close to his ability. I seriously doubt they will be able to score more than 20 a game and thats what we need.
    Hopefully we will need some people to step up, and if not, we will have to get some new playmakers next year.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Michael Bennett better than Larry Johnson?
    WOW.
    I agree with del, go play some more Madden.
    Michael Bennett has no agility, vision, tackle breaking, catching ability etc. so please explain how he's better in the open field?
    MAybe if its so open that nobody else is on it...

You are entitled to your opinion, but please be advised...when you say dumb sh*t, people will call you on it.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

I agree our offence will not be as good, but there is a new coach and a new direction. The offence we enjoyed for a decade is gone.
    TJ might be able to bring back some of the quick scores us fans have enjoyed but he is a year at best away from taking the spotlight away from johnson.
    This will be an exciting year to see what the new coach might bring, we will not break any records this year on offence, defence or off the field(bengles won that race) but its a new direction in vikings football and any fan should be optomistic about the season.
    I do agree the three steps back on offence, but we might be taking three steps forward on defence.
    Sit back and enjoy the ride.
    You republican whore!

Alright Del, I dont want to mess with you tough guy.
    You must be really pathetic to be almost 30 and argue with someone like that
    online.
    Maybe you have nothing better to do, but as always you're right.
    You should
    go tell your wife ( sister) what you said to me and you could go have a picnic while watching some pigs wrestle on a farm by your house.

Me working at a fast food joint?
    LMFAO

Ok Jeff Foxworthy, whatever you say.

I'd rather go do something constructive than argue with a loser like like you.
    I actually live in a CITY where not everyone's life is based on an ignorant lifestyle.

TRRRRASSHHH!!!

Buh Bye

Prophet Guest

Our quarterback will manage the game, but if our defense is having some trouble, he doesnt have the arm and the ability to lead us back.
    His mobility is like a snail, and yes, if you saw him play against PITTSBURGH or BALTIMORE last year, two pretty good teams despite baltimore record, he couldnt get our team back in the games.
    I hope we see Tarvaris Jackson as soon as possible this year because Brad cant do it.
    We need playmakers on offense and brad is the farthest from being one.
    Tarvaris is the closest thing to Mcnabb, and im liking that.[/b]
    The BJ thing has been debated to death.
    See previous posts.
    You are accusing others of being myopic, but you flat out said in one of your previous posts that you hate BJ and will have to endure the season until someone else takes over.
    Guess what.
    Culpepper left and luckily we had BJ on the team.
    Childress and crew had to build a new team and chose to work on the O- and D-lines first and then start filling in gaps.
    They appeared to have done a decent job picking up Tarvaris, but he is, at best, a season away from being able to start.
    Giving the current situation, the Vikings are fortunate to have veteran leadership the caliber of Brad Johnson on this team.
    Take any other team and have their starting QB go psycho right before the draft and tell me how many would be this fortunate.
    Not many, actually none, now that I think about it (see depth charts in my blog).

The BJ hating is irrational.
    He's not a top 10 fantasy football QB so he's no good?
    The more I think about it he is a saviour in the current situation.
    We had a starting QB leave late in the offseason and have an upcoming starter being trained and we have a veteran to not only fill in the gap and do it well, but also a person to help Tarvaris get trained up in the system.

Our running game is terrible.
    Michael Benett, Onterrio Smith and Moe Williams were all more impressive than our unit now.
    No rb on our roster has the game breaking speed like michael and the moves of onterrio.
    Our o line wasnt as close to being as good as it is now back in 03-05, but we had talented personell at rb which enabled us to have big long runs.
    I dont see whats so impressive with Chester Taylor.
    What is so "good" about him that we had to let Benett go?? He has average hands and doesnt have the jets.
    Onterrio was even better than Chester.
    Mewelde is good, but after that, their is really no one.
    Michael Bennet was as injury proned as MeMo is now.
    Onterrio Smith is so great that he carries around a fake penis and he got cut from the CFL...now that is good.
    Moe Williams was great, but he decided to retire and unretire and is circling the drain in his NFL career.
    It may have been a good idea to keep Bennett around so he could give Chester rub downs after the game, he maybe could stay healthy doing that.
    Chester Taylor is by far the best RB on the team,
    I've changed my opinion on MeMo from average to below average, you can't count on him.
    Hopefully Fason steps up and Kleinsasser and Richardson will fill in the gaps to make the running game be servicable.
    Even a mild mannered fan knows the Vikings have a top-tier O-line.
    Hutchinson, or was it Birk, mentioned that it will take some time for them to function as a unit.
    So far they have played two preseason games and haven't even been doing many stunts, just working on the basics.
    The running game will be one of the better that the Vikings have had in a long time.
    Chester Taylor, or any average back would love to run in Minnesota's current scheme.

Our receiving game will not be as good unless we get someone else. The main reason is that our qb can only throw the ball 10 yards.
    Travis Taylor is the best one in this group, Marcus is a good redzone threat, but Troy hasnt showed me why he was a number 7 pick. Hopefully Jason Carter and Chris Jones provide some great depth this year. Again, maybe it's about the qb. It would be GREAT if we could pick up Deion Branch from New England or even sign Az Hakim in the free agency.
    Again this isnt as big as a problem as it seems, it's basically about the qb.
    I agree that Travis Taylor is the best in the group and consider that an asset, not a liability.
    Williamson is a question mark, but so are many WRs on many teams, most hope he will excell.
    No, it's not about the QB.
    The WRs on the roster are servicable in the system and BJ is a perfect match in the interim.
    Again, your hatred for Brad Johnson has blinded your judgement (even though, based on looking at your previous posts, your judgement is questionable to start with).

Also, I know most people here are gona get angry for me about this, but Jermaine Wiggins wont win
    us games. He has good hands and can get open, but he isnt a playmaker, just more of a dump off guy.
    He wont draw double coverage and once he catches the ball he is down.
    We should still keep him, but We need to let Kleinsasser go or deal him for a speedy receiver or a fleet footed tight end. Kleinsasser is best used as a blocker, and despite having sure hands, he WILL NOT SCARE ANYONE DOWNFIELD.
    We already have Tony Richardson here to provide great blocking ability. Kleinsasser is best suited as an H-back in the vertical offense, which apparently is gone after Mike Tice got fired.
    We need to see if New England could some how part ways with one of their 3 tight ends, Ben Watson, Daniel Ghram or David Thomas.
    Or any tight end with 4.7 speed and good hands. Though this is a concern, it is not as important as the previous 3 i have mentioned before, meaning that this is not really a step back because we have never really had a deep threat tight end.
    There isn't a single player on the team that will win us games, any player, even, (I'm guessing you're one of those Moss-Culpepper crotch sniffers) a hero like Moss wins an occasional game with the help of a team.
    This is a team sport.
    53 men.
    If they function well they can win.
    Mike Tice didn't have his contract renewed, he was not fired, BTW, that was the best offseason move by far...getting rid of that incompetent coach.
    Why the hell do you even need a deep threat TE?
    There aren't many in the league and it doesn't matter one iota.
    TEs are for blocking and catching some short passes.
    Wiggins has done an exceptional job here.

Our defense looks solid, but so is Chicago's and most of the teams in the NFC.
    Were going to NEED To be able to score atleast 20 points a game, and were going to need progress in one way or another to do that.
    Most of the teams in the NFC?
    The Vikings need to move up to a top-tier D to get the job done.
    Hiring Tomlin and getting rid of another retard coach in Cotrelll was another one of the biggest offseason moves.

I can't believe I just wasted time responding to this.
    I just realized why, I also had an acid flashback.
    That must be it.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

After reading Tillman's post for a little while I have come to a conclusion. Tillman has realized how pathetic his arguments are and has resorted to using personal attacks on Del, who I doubt really cares that much. This proves to me that, no, Charles Tillman is not the one without balls, but Tillmanhasnoballs84 has no balls in actuality.

Michael Bennett better than Larry Johnson? 100% of football fans will know that Larry is better.

Tarvaris starting this year? That would be committing us to a losing season this year.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast