WE GOIN' TO WIN THE NFC NORTH THIS YEAR!

Here it is. Our dismal competition. How we get to the play offs

The Detroit Lions- I dont really think I have to explain why they're not any competition this year. Kevin Jones is out for more then half of next season. They suck. Nuf' said.

Green Bay Packers They were not great last year. The first win was a fluke and a game we should have won. The second had our third string rookie starting behind center and they still barely won by two with a game winner. (and for you Nodak Paul The weather there was bad too). Our defense slaughtered them. it was just our failure to get a frickin' first down. They lose the veteran Ahman Green and Brett Favre who never really was much of a threat (My favorite time was his two picks in two plays against us one returned for a TD by who SMOOOOOT) is now one year older and one more year past his prime.

The Chicago Bears-

First the Defense The only real threat. Sure they went to the superbowl but there is a great chance that Brian Urlacher is going to be on Madden 08 beccause they want a defensive player this year (Yes i may be LT but they already went RB last year and Madden never repeats the postion and he wants defense especially with The new thing next year is gand tackling). So if hes on the cover then the Madden curse will take its tole. And Urlacher is the heart and soul of that defense like Fletcher in St. Louis when he left look what happened. Shaun Alexander last year with his foot injury and McNabb as long as there has been a cover with a player its made his career bad the next year since 2001.

2001 - Eddie George (RB)
    2002 - Dante Culpepper (QB)
    2003 - Marshall Faulk (RB)
    2004 - Michael Vick (QB)
    2005 - Ray Lewis (LB)
    2006 - Donavon McNabb (QB)
    2007 - Shaun Alexander (RB)

If you dont know of the madden curse here
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madden_curse

Then Lance Briggs wants out and is threatening to sit out the season and even if he does play he's not goin' 100%. Then they lose their defensive coordinator of the best defense to become a linebacker coach at SD.

The Offense- They lost Thomas Jones to NYJ and all they have at runningback is the man who got injured in the super bowl benson who isn't that great without Jones there because they're only focused on one HB instead of diverting there attention to Jones and him. Coming off of that injuring without help will hurt his run game. And without that good run the pass will be worse than it already is with T-Rex Grossman behind center.

The Minnesota Vikings (Us)- Only getting better with young talent and we are adjusting to Childress' system and Childress is adjusting to our team. But if only we can do something in this offseason/ draft to get better than just same players improvement. we aint doin' nuthin. We can beat these dismal teams and be playoff bound

PS. For all you guys who are going to waste the first 5-10 post of this thread on getting on me for saying "WE GOIN' TO WIN THE NFC NORTH THIS YEAR!" as the title and should change it because it tricks you or what ever and makes you frustrated when you come to it I have one thing to say.
    ;D I REGRET NOTHING! ;D
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

Re: WE GOIN' TO WIN THE NFC NORTH THIS YEAR!

We go from one fricken extreem to the other around here, this should spur pplenty of conversation among the "we suck cause we didn't sign every crappy free agent this year" people lurking.... and I don't belive "they suck" is good enough explanation why we win the North, good try though :

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

The Minnesota Vikings (Us)- Only getting better with young talent and we are adjusting to Childress' system and Childress is adjusting to our team. But if only we can do something in this offseason/ draft to get better than just same players improvement. we aint doin' nuthin. We can beat these dismal teams and be playoff bound
    Well as much as I like the sentiment of this post there are a couple of things you have blinders about.

1. We started out pretty good last season but got progressively worse as the season wore on.
    We didn't really get better.

2. The bright spot of the team was our defense.
    We lost Tomlin this year to Pittsburgh.

I think the NFC North is up for grabs and the edge has to go to the Bears especially if they get a real QB instead of Grossman.

WWBGD

Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

"OchoCinco" wrote:
    We go from one fricken extreem to the other around here, this should spur pplenty of conversation among the "we suck cause we didn't sign every crappy free agent this year" .people lurking.... and I don't belive "they suck" is good enough explanation why we win the North, good try though :
    Probably not, but it's true. If the Bears play Grossman, anything is possible. ;D I like the view that the second year of the BC reign should be a lot better than the first. I agree we are not that far away from doing well in the North. What that says about competition in the NFC someone else can comment on. Let's face it if the 'Aints can go from the bottom to the nearly the top in one year anything is possible.

Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

"RK." wrote:
    Well as much as I like the sentiment of this post there are a couple of things you have blinders about.

1. We started out pretty good last season but got progressively worse as the season wore on.
    We didn't really get better.

2. The bright spot of the team was our defense.
    We lost Tomlin this year to Pittsburgh.

I think the NFC North is up for grabs and the edge has to go to the Bears especially if they get a real QB instead of Grossman.
    Well, what I have to say about that is, you can't really work on the "system" during the year, you have to scheme and practice for the team you are playing. SO, I would hope that we could see some significant improvement in BC's WC system in the offseason. We had a lot of close games and a little improvement could mean a lot more wins!

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

up for grabs isn't the term to describe this, how about a very unpredictable divison other than the fact that the NFC North is a very hard working divison very grunt laborer-like. I honestly think that its waaaaaay to early we got the draft yet to come and a even longer summer period coming up. It would be great if we took that divison crown.

MMLV
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

"MetalMike-LoudVike" wrote:
    up for grabs isn't the term to describe this, how about a very unpredictable divison other than the fact that the NFC North is a very hard working divison very grunt laborer-like. I honestly think that its waaaaaay to early we got the draft yet to come and a even longer summer period coming up. It would be great if we took that divison crown.

MMLV
    Good points and sorry to make a one liner post i usually don't but when you say MMLV do you mean we are going to go to super bowl 2055 (Roman Numerals). I don't think I can wait 2014 years because unless there is some incredible medical break through Im pretty sure I wont be alive to see that. i want to predict more like 5 years if childress does okay. if not then 10 maybe.

Or do you mean we'll go in the year 2055 in which case I'll still be angry.
    I could be alive but by that time ill be through too many heart-breaking seasons to be okay with that

Or did you randomly just put MMLV to be i dont know what like Zeus and his =Z= sign to be Zeus. But what does it mean ??? :-\ :-\ Please respond
    :-
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Not drinking the kool-aid

1. I like Da Bears to take the crown again. I'm sorry but Minnesota could not score on San Fran last year Yikes!

2. Packers made a better than we did and some how manage to always find quality receivers.
    Can you imagine Moss, Gennings, Driver, and K Robinson on the team that is a lot of offense.

3. Last Lions are well the Lions.

4. So I really think Minnesota still has a lot of questions to answers mainly on the QB and Receiver side but they need to be answered.
    So far no much going with us in the FA market. I really think it's another disappointing season.

Drinking the PURPLE KOOL-AID Ohh Minnesota without a doubt.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    "MetalMike-LoudVike" wrote:

MMLV
    Good points and sorry to make a one liner post i usually don't but when you say MMLV do you mean we are going to go to super bowl 2055 (Roman Numerals). I don't think I can wait 2014 years because unless there is some incredible medical break through Im pretty sure I wont be alive to see that. i want to predict more like 5 years if childress does okay. if not then 10 maybe.

Or do you mean we'll go in the year 2055 in which case I'll still be angry.
    I could be alive but by that time ill be through too many heart-breaking seasons to be okay with that

Or did you randomly just put MMLV to be i dont know what like Zeus and his =Z= sign to be Zeus. But what does it mean ??? :-\ :-\ Please respond
    :-\
    MMLV = MetalMikeLoudVike - his PPO username.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!