Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    sunny is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Warner out - Leinart in

"kansas_man54" wrote:
    denny's gonna' have to realize that he needs to put in leinart one of these days.
    to be honest with ya', i think he'll have the best overall career out of this rookie class of qb's.
    don't think v. young is gonna' do a whole lot with what he has.
    >

Maybe the second best behind TAVARIS JACKSON ;D
    I.B.O.T. #213

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    So once again it's just Chris Mortensen running away with half truths.

I guarentee that this guy invents news on a consistant basis. He's such a jerk.
    There is some speculation that Denny didn't want to start the Rook on the road.
    Start him at home in a friendly environment.

Who know cogitans, it isn't your fault.
    Yeah I know. I just get fed up with Mortensen sometimes. When he represents his speculations as facts.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

Dang!! I guess Old Greenie is throwing in the towel already for the year. Because I would let Warner play until we were out of the playoff race, then I would let Matt take over. To me, this signals that either Greenie is getting pressured from owners to play Matt. Or Greenie is giving up on the season and is going into rebuilding mode. Tisk, tisk, tisk.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

you called it Jelly.

Green: Warner 'best quarterback on this team

By BOB BAUM, AP Sports Writer
    September 27, 2006

TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) -- The Arizona Cardinals were back at practice on Wednesday with Kurt Warner still the starting quarterback and Matt Leinart the apprentice in waiting.

Coach Dennis Green tried to explain how a report had surfaced that he had decided to bench Warner in favor of the rookie Leinart and his subsequent decision to release a statement Tuesday that Warner was still the starter.

While an admittedly impatient Green may have been ready to bench Warner in the immediate aftermath of the quarterback's mistake-filled game against St. Louis, the coach had thought better of it by Tuesday.

"I can be emotional, but not in my decision-making," Green said after Wednesday's practice. "I've got too much experience for that. So I felt that Kurt Warner is still the right guy and the best guy. I think he's the best quarterback on this team."

Warner acknowledged it had been a tough couple of days since Sunday's 16-14 loss to the Rams.

"Obviously it's really hard on my family and that's what I worry about more than anything," he said. "They hear a lot of that stuff, and you don't know what to believe, and your kids hear something at school and your wife hears something."

But Warner said he never thought he had lost the job because he hadn't heard it from his coaches.

"I was under the assumption I was the starter until I heard different and that's how I'm always going to approach it," he said.

Warner threw three interceptions, two of them with Arizona inside the Rams' 14-yard line, then fumbled a snap at the St. Louis 18 with 1:46 to play. As he left the field, Cardinals fans showered him with boos and calls for Leinart to take the job.

Green wouldn't say on Monday whether Warner would remain the starter for next Sunday's game at Atlanta, and that night ESPN reported that the coach had decided to go with Leinart. But Tuesday, Green took the unusual step of releasing a statement saying Warner still would be the starter.

"I didn't necessarily change my mind but I went through a thought process," Green said. "I kept it to myself but I guess because I didn't say that Kurt Warner was going to start or I didn't say I was going to make a change, that meant it was open for speculation."

Leinart said he thought all along that Warner would be the starter.

"It was just speculation. I didn't really look much into it," Leinart said. "Kurt's our guy. Kurt's our leader. Everyone has a bad game, you know. It's just unfortunate how the media views all these things. I'm ready and I've been ready. I just continue to say if my name's called, I'll be ready to play."

Green downplayed Warner's mistakes, referring to dropped passes and the team's inability to run the ball into the end zone on two plays after first-and-goal at the St. Louis 2.

"Kurt can't be responsible for the whole team," Green said.

Warner said he can't worry that a bad outing will cost him his job.

"I go in and say `hey, I made the mistake,' see where I made them, work on not making them again and go play the next week," he said. "That's how I approach it until I hear something different."

He said no one plays a perfect game.

"When we go into our meetings, we're all accountable to ourselves," Warner said. "No matter what anyone in the stands thinks, or what anybody in the media thinks, or whatever they write, it doesn't matter. We know in that room what happened, and our job is to correct it, to a man."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AlK9_KYB2kXMOaSnvBeoIXZDubYF?slug=ap-cardinals-warner&prov=ap&type=lgns

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

vikingbill50 is offline Starter

in one way the best chance right now for arizona is warner and the only reason i say that is because of matt, look how long he held out of camp, he is not ready yet as it takes some time to get things down right and timing, if he would not of held out, i would agree with starting him
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

kansas_man54 is offline Rookie

so Warner is still as of right now, the starter?
    if he keeps playing like he did last week, i say go ahead and put leinart in.
    he looked pretty good in preseason.
    i know, i know...preseason is preseason.
    just voicing my opinion.
    "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanist bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"----Eleanor Roosevelt

vikingbill50 is offline Starter

adn i totally agree with you on that too, if Warner keeps playing like he is, what do you have to lose, you have to do something to try and win some games..we wont know if he is ready until we see him play..
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"kansas_man54" wrote:
    so Warner is still as of right now, the starter?
    if he keeps playing like he did last week, i say go ahead and put leinart in.
    he looked pretty good in preseason.
    i know, i know...preseason is preseason.
    just voicing my opinion.
    Denny realized they are not out of the playoffs only 3 weeks into the season.
    Warner is getting paid too much to be playing like he is.
    He, I am sure, a good mentor to Matt but as a starter he is giving up too many turnovers.
    He single-handedly lost that game for them last week.
    Like I said before, I like Warner, hope he can get his act turned around.

I think that they can make a better decision in week 6 or 7 about Matt vs Playoff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12