HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Want To See A Stupid List?

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    Hilarious the way this list was written. Manning I understand as he QB'd NY to the Superbowl but some of the reasoning behind the others is just dumb.

2. Tom Brady, New England Patriots: Even though he hasn't won the Super Bowl in seven years, he's now been to five. And would be 5-for-5 if Wes Welker had stickier hands and David Tyree did not.
    >>> thats right blame someone else for affecting Brady's rating in the list and yet not credit Manning's receivers for helping his rating

3. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers: I'm still taking him over the next two guys because I believe he'll win a playoff game in minus-45 degree weather before the other two will. And he's got two rings.
    >>> #3 ???? and he's got two rings based on what his team mates did not anything that he's done

5. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers: The first three things that come to mind when I think of Rodgers: 1) He's a machine; 2) Discount Double Check; and 3) That stinker at home against the G-Men. That holds him back from No. 2 overall
    >>>> from #2 ? so that would make him better than Brady? This writer really is on another level

7. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers: It's a small sample size, but I also knew I liked Ben & Jerry's "Phish Food" from my first tasting spoon. Some things you just know
    >>>> one season wonder, lets see how he gets on this year with teams improving their defences and actually having an offseason to train

10. Michael Vick, Philadelphia Eagles: It's a make-or-break season health-wise for Vick as far as his status as an elite QB goes. If he could have stayed upright this past season, he'd be in the top five. But he didn't, so he's not.
    >>>> well the 'elite' QB did well last season for the dream team. Funny though I don't see any of the pundits now admitting that they handed the SB trophy to the Iggles before a down was played last season.

I see this writer is the NFL fantasy analyst, well his opinions are complete fantasy and bet all his FF teams sucked last year.
    Last edited by AngloVike; 05-17-2012 at 02:40 AM.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

This list is bad on so many levels.
    Any top QB list w/o Tebow on it is a good list.

I didn't find the list totally out of line. What "levels" did you find it bad on? Were you upset that they had this about Ponder & had him ranked so low?

27) Christian Ponder, Minnesota Vikings: He makes plays with his feet, but had trouble re-adjusting to the league once teams had a couple games of tape on him. He could be in store for a Blaine Gabbert-type season in Minnesota.
    Was it because he ranked Rodgers as 5th? I certainly would have ranked him higher than Big Ben myself.
    Last edited by singersp; 05-17-2012 at 05:22 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

HEY
    Blog Entries
    First of all, this is one of the few article you know is going to be terrible just by reading the tittle. Starting a list of the greatest quarterbacks with Eli Manning on top is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, Eli is an elite quarterback (at times), but he's receiving far too much love because he has won two rings in a short period of time. It is a team sport!

Give Eli's linemen, receivers, and defense to two of last year's rookies, Newton and Dalton, and I bet they would have a ring now. Hell, maybe Ponder would too (okay, that was maybe exaggerating, I take it back, but you get my point!).

Put Eli on our team and I bet he wouldn't even be ranked top 5. Put a player like a healthy Peyton Manning on our team and I think we would have been in the playoffs last year. I admit, Eli had a great year, but Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees for instance had for better seasons.

The way I see it, there are four "golden quarterbacks" in the league today, and they all are their path to the Hall of Fame. They are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and more recently, Aaron Rodgers. Those four are in a class of their own because they have proven that they have something special and they have proven it time after time.

These four should be in the top 4 EVERY year (varying in order depending on season), but this year is a little different because of Peyton and his injury. Will he back to his own self? We'll have to wait and see, but in my opinion we should presume that he does. However, the recent season should of course count the most.

This is how my list of the best quarterbacks in the NFL today looks like:

1. Aaron Rodgers
    2. Tom Brady
    3. Drew Brees (the top 3 is pretty much interchangeable)
    4. Peyton Manning (is always my number one guy, but has to consider the injury)
    5. Eli Manning (... and I think I'm being almost nice here)
    6. Philip Rivers
    7. Ben Roethlisberger
    8. Micheal Vick
    9. Matt Schaub (if only he could stay healthy)
    10. Cam Newton (I know it's not like me to pick a one-year starter, but man this guy was unbelievable last season), just imagine how he will do this year!)

20-something. Christian Ponder (I'm looking forward to see his progress)

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I used to put Eli in a lower ranking than the players you listed but to be honest with you he did a lot to elevate himself if you ask me.

i don't think he had any better defense than the Packers had or the saints had when they won their SB's and to be honest he doesn't have anything special on the offensive line either. they have well coached units for sure but he has made clutch plays when they needed to be made in the playoffs and i am not sure what else you would ask him to do.

The only QB on that list with more SB wins is Brady and the only 2 SB losses Brady has is to Eli. I am a pretty big fan of both brees and brady but right now I am having a hard time making the case that they are at a level above him.

HEY
    Blog Entries
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaalright..... so Eli is maybe the best QB in the playoffs in the last 5 years. But to get to the playoffs you have to win games in the regular season. I can name at least four guys I'd rather have under center.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaalright..... so Eli is maybe the best QB in the playoffs in the last 5 years. But to get to the playoffs you have to win games in the regular season. I can name at least four guys I'd rather have under center.
    So are you saying he won 2 SB's by NOT winning games in the regular season? I guess I am not following your thought process. I guess it might be nice to rack up regular season wins like his brother but then to bomb in the playoffs would get a bit old too.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Hey that guy that throws the jump passes, what's his face....deer eyes isn't on the list

HEY
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    So are you saying he won 2 SB's by NOT winning games in the regular season? I guess I am not following your thought process. I guess it might be nice to rack up regular season wins like his brother but then to bomb in the playoffs would get a bit old too.
    Sorry man, you're not following me because you're not paying attention... or you're simply twisting my words.

I'm gonna keep it simple for ya :P What do you need to go to the playoffs? Hint: it rhymes with "prince".

Eli got to the Super Bowl mostly because he plays on a very good overall team, not because he's a physical freak of nature or a football genius.