Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Walsh washed out in Oakland.

POSTED 3:41 p.m. EST; UPDATED 3:48 p.m. EST, November 28, 2006

WALSH WASHED OUT IN OAKLAND

Acting on a story first posted on Raiderfans.net, we have confirmed from a source with knowledge of the situation, but who has requested anonymity, that the Raiders have demoted offensive coordinator Tom Walsh.
    He will, we're now told, remain on the staff.

Walsh was hired earlier this year by coach Art Shell, who returned to the Raiders after several years working at the league office.

Walsh will be replaced by tight ends coach John Shoop.

Walsh had been out of football for several years, and hadn't coached at the NFL level since Art Shell's first stint as head coach of the Raiders, which ended in the mid-1990s.
    He has been criticized by fans, media, past players, and some current players for his offensive schemes, which arguably are outdated and involve too many deep drops by the quarterback and too few opportunities to get the quarterback out of the pocket.

Shoop previously served as offensive coordinator for the Bears under Dick Jauron.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Walsh washed out in Oakland.

[img width=308 height=310]http://www.profootballtalk.com/RunninginCircles.jpg[/img]
    Unfortunately, Tom Walsh's recent coaching experiences didn't translate into NFL success.
    [size=8pt]pft.com[/size]

=====

KFFL
    Raiders | Shell upset with critic inside team
    Wed, 29 Nov 2006 21:10:01 -0800

The Associated Press reports Oakland Raiders head coach Art Shell accused a member of the organization of trying to undermine the coaching staff and rooting against the team. Shell said the person was not a coach or player, but he refused to name the person. He said the critic has been calling media members around the nation and criticizing coaches. "I'm a fighter. I sit back and I watch things happen and then it gets to the point where you cross the line. That line has been crossed and I won't sit back and allow it to happen anymore," said Shell. "When you root against me, you're rooting against the Raiders. When you root against [former offensive coordinator] Tom Walsh, you're rooting against the Raiders. And for someone to do that is unconscionable. It's unconscionable. It's detestable and I think it's an outrage." Shell said the "character assassination" started soon after he was hired in February and that some of the attacks have also been directed at owner Al Davis.

======

Shell also alleges 'character assassination'
    Associated Press
    30 Nov. 2006
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain