Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Walrus hassling Hasselbeck

KFFL
    Seahawks | Holmgren not satisfied with Hasselbeck's play Sunday
    Mon, 15 Jan 2007 18:02:52 -0800

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports Seattle Seahawks head coach Mike Holmgren was not satisfied with the way QB Matt Hasselbeck played Sunday, Jan. 14. There were mitigating factors in Hasselbeck's play, and Holmgren plans to discuss those factors and how to overcome them during the offseason. Holmgren said the team was a couple of passes away from playing in the NFC Championship Game.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Walrus hassling Hasselbeck

I were waiting to see who he would blame this year.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

One of the golden rules in life, never trust a walrus.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Prophet" wrote:
    One of the golden rules in life, never trust a walrus.
    Especially if he teams up with a carpenter......

[img width=400 height=509]http://www.alchemicalwedding.com/illusts/walrus.jpg[/img]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Hasselbeck was playing with broken fingers[/size]

KIRKLAND, Wash. (AP) Quarterback Matt Hasselbeck revealed Monday that he played the final eight games of the Seattle Seahawks' season with broken fingers on his non-passing hand.

Hasselbeck said he sustained non-displaced fractures of two fingers on his left hand during a win against Green Bay on Nov. 27. That was his first game back following a four-week absence from a sprained knee.

"It wasn't fun," Hasselbeck said while he and his teammates cleaned out their lockers upon returning from Sunday's overtime loss at Chicago in the NFC divisional playoffs.

"You appreciate what your teammates go through," he said, "because I know there were guys on our team who had the same injury who didn't get the attention or sympathy that I got."

Earlier this month, Seahawks offensive coordinator Gil Haskell acknowledged that Hasselbeck's hand bothered him on snaps and when he's hit.

On Sunday against the Bears, Hasselbeck was hit from behind following a throw early in the game and held his hand while in obvious pain. On fourth-and-1 with Seattle in Chicago territory and two minutes left in regulation, Hasselbeck bobbled the snap. That ruined the timing on Shaun Alexander's run, resulting in a 2-yard loss and leading to overtime.

Coach Mike Holmgren said the hand injury wasn't the reason Hasselbeck bobbled the snap. The center snapped the ball late.

"I love Chris Spencer ... (but) he held the ball and everyone else moved," Holmgren said. "It was like, `On one.' And he snapped it on 'two.'

"Actually, we could have been called for a procedure penalty. Of all the times I've moaned about calls that they've made against us, I wish they would have made that call."

Hasselbeck finished the season with 18 interceptions in 14 games, after throwing just nine in 16 games last season -- which ended with the eight-year veteran starting the Super Bowl and Pro Bowl.

He played the final seven weeks of this season with a glove over a compression wrap and later tape on his left hand. He and the Seahawks remained coy on whether the hand was bruised or broken, and whether it bothered him during games.

But Monday, Holmgren said he thought the injuries were part of Hasselbeck's inconsistency.

"I think that was part of it," he said.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

Lets just throw everybody under the bus.

Hasselbeck was playing with a broken fingers.

Holmgren made some bad play calling.

I think its more Holmgrens fault.