Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wait For It

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re: Wait For It

"whackthepack" wrote:
    This is a make or break year for Udeze!

He has not lived up to expectations and I don't agree with people that say he is a bust yet!

He has the tools but if he can't get it done on the field and this is his last year in my opinion with the Vikes if he has another year like last year.
    Dude, that picture in the comments section of your profile is beyond funny...

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

If he doesn't get more pressure from his "natural" side, he'll be replaced on passing downs by Brian Robison!!
    And might be sometimes anyway...

It seems like it would be a pretty big switch to me...rushing from the right, you are always running left, pushing out to your right, and forcing yourself against a blocker on your left...everything is opposite on the other side.
    You charge with your other shoulder forward, your hands change, the enemy is now on your right, you're now pushing from the left...
    I'm betting he is better at the other side now, with a whole season's experience...BUT, unfortunately, he also missed a year of xp on his natural side.
    Looking at my own experience: I can ride (snowboard) pretty fast fakey now, but years ago, when I was flipping my first 180s, riding to the right was pretty freakin weird!!

Then there is the whole it takes 2 years to fully heal a knee theory, which would, hopefully, make him stronger, faster and more confident in his cuts this year.

SKOL VIKES!!
    I was stoked with this pick when it happened...still hoping he works out!
    I am also very happy with getting Robison in the fourth...anybody know what side he favors??
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Oh, and,
    I DON'T WANT TO WAIT!!!!
    I WANT FOOTBALL NOW!!!

lol
    ;D
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

davike is offline Team Alumni

"Webby" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    This is a make or break year for Udeze!

He has not lived up to expectations and I don't agree with people that say he is a bust yet!

He has the tools but if he can't get it done on the field and this is his last year in my opinion with the Vikes if he has another year like last year.
    Dude, that picture in the comments section of your profile is beyond funny...
    Does that have anything to do with what you quoted? You should be banned for high jacking

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

I personally have given up on Udeze and I do believe he is a bust.
    This complaint about him being out of position is complete crap because from my understanding Artis Hicks spent his entire career with the Eagles on the left side of the line and nobody is giving him a pass so why all of a sudden does Udeze deserve one?
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

"FuadFan" wrote:
    I personally have given up on Udeze and I do believe he is a bust.
    This complaint about him being out of position is complete crap because from my understanding Artis Hicks spent his entire career with the Eagles on the left side of the line and nobody is giving him a pass so why all of a sudden does Udeze deserve one?
    Maybe Hicks would do better on the left then, that could have been part of his problem....I didn't really realize that he was a LG for the Eagles. But we have another guy that we brought in as a LG, his name is Steve Hutchinson.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

For those of you who are calling Udeze a bust, are you also calling P. Williams a bust?

He only had 1 sack all year & the Vikings as a whole only averaged 2 sacks per game.

Keep in mind, while sacks are great, the primary purpose is to contain the run & pass & prevent first downs.

I would rather have a guy who gives up minimal yards each game with an occasional sack, rather than a guy who gets 10 sacks a year, but gives up a lot of yardage on the field.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"singersp" wrote:
    For those of you who are calling Udeze a bust, are you also calling P. Williams a bust?

He only had 1 sack all year & the Vikings as a whole only averaged 2 sacks per game.

Keep in mind, while sacks are great, the primary purpose is to contain the run & pass & prevent first downs.

I would rather have a guy who gives up minimal yards each game with an occasional sack, rather than a guy who gets 10 sacks a year, but gives up a lot of yardage on the field.
    Why are you comparing an end to a tackle? I guess with that logic we should move Moore to WR because he caught more passes then the guys we have. I assumed we take Pat out on passing downs for either Spencer Johnson or Darrion Scott so I doubt he had as much opportunity to get that sack unlike the goose egg Udeze managed full time so I still think he is a massive bust.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

"FuadFan" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Why are you comparing an end to a tackle? I guess with that logic we should move Moore to WR because he caught more passes then the guys we have. I assumed we take Pat out on passing downs for either Spencer Johnson or Darrion Scott so I doubt he had as much opportunity to get that sack unlike the goose egg Udeze managed full time so I still think he is a massive bust.
    Sometimes people think that now days the only kind of DE is a pass rushing DE....and if he is not, he is a failure. Udeze has had one year (his rookie year) at his own position completely healthy, and he registered 5 sacks, and if I remember right, he wasn't a full timer. 2 years ago he wasn't healthy and last year he wasn't in his own spot and he had to readjust. I am not sure how difficult that is exactly but I believe you almost have to train your muscles over again and that takes time. I have emailed some people on it and I will see if that is actually a factor.

Did you ever think that there was a reason to take Phat Pat out on passing downs....that maybe the coaches knew there was someone else who put more pressure then Pat? I go with Singer....the sack is almost just a bonus stat.....I would rather see minimum yards on the field.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Let's just hope these two end up in the hall of fame with a couple of rings each after long careers with the vikings, then we'll see how good our 2007 draft was!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast