Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wait For It

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Wait For It

This is a make or break year for Udeze!

He has not lived up to expectations and I don't agree with people that say he is a bust yet!

He has the tools but if he can't get it done on the field and this is his last year in my opinion with the Vikes if he has another year like last year.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:
    This is a make or break year for Udeze!

He has not lived up to expectations and I don't agree with people that say he is a bust yet!

He has the tools but if he can't get it done on the field and this is his last year in my opinion with the Vikes if he has another year like last year.
    Yes, yes, yes and yes.

I'll give him a pass for playing out of position last year - even though I'm no sure why a switch from one side to the other is such a big deal.
    And I even think the sack is a highly overrated sack for judging D-linemen.
    But, c'mon, Kenechi, not once in 16 games did you get enough pressure to end up falling on someone?

I honestly think Ray Edwards is the future on one side of the line.
    I hope it will be opposite Erasmus.
    However, his propensity to get injured makes including him in any long-term plans a bit shaky.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    20. Minnesota (from Miami) - Kenechi Udeze, DE, USC One guy who hasn't been superior to Carey is Udeze, who failed to register a sack last season and has only one in the last two years combined. It sure looks like this choice will be a bust.
    He needs to be put back on the end he is used to be playing on. Last year he was moved to the opposite end to play for the injured Erasmus James.
    This is why people who refuse to spend the time to properly research a team or player shouldn't be allowed to write sports articles.
    Why? ???
    He is calling Udeze a bust based pretty much on his production in the past two seasons - one of which he missed the majority of due to injruy, the other he played out of position the entire season.

This shows me that he knows about as much about the Vikings as I do about other football teams - that is, enough to know the names of the players and have an idea of their level of play, but not enough to know all the mitigating factors in their level of play, and not enough to offer a proper analysis without additional research.
    He didn't spend the time to do the additional research, and it showed.
    If you are grading Udeze solely on what he has done on sunday's you would have to say he is a bust. That doesn't mean that he can't improve in the future.

davike is offline Team Alumni

Udeze is still a good DE in my opinion....not sure if he has lived up to his first round pick as a pass rusher but he is still good. It has already been said that he was playing out of position last year and his injuries could have effected his stats. I think he could have just had a bad year last year as well like Freeney. I think there is still hope that he turns out to be the pass rusher we drafted him as.

He could work very well as a run stopping DE...just because he is not a pass rusher doesn't mean he isn't any good.

I have emailed Udeze himself and some other people on the subject of DEs switching sides and how hard it is and that stuff. So I will get the inside scoop and post it here

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

I found this little tidbit in the article rather apropos to our current draft:

24. St. Louis (from Denver thru Cincinnati) - Steven Jackson, RB, Oregon State
    Yeah, this worked out well. Running backs tend to fall on draft day and the Rams took advantage to net the best runner in this year's class. This is a perfect example of drafting the best talent available, regardless of position. Remember, the Rams still had Marshall Faulk in their backfield when they chose Jackson.
    If Peterson turns out as well as Jackson, I will be one happy camper.

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

When is "It" coming by...I been waiting a long time... >

Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

I think that was a fair assement on Udeze. He didn't claim Kenechi was a bust but on his way there, especially if he doesn't step up this year.

You can make all the excuses in the world last year, but the fact of the matter is that he STUNK! Only once or twice do I remember him even coming close to sacking the QB. He was decent agianst the run but nothing spectacular. Switching sides can be hard but seriously, it can't be that overrloading to the point where your production becomes near nonexistence.

With that said, I'm still a Kenechi fan. I love the guy and I loved the pick when we took him. He needs to shed some pounds to become quicker and I suppose all y'all pointed out, shift back to his "natural" saide.
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I guess I am in the minority, but from the limited amount of ball that I played, I think that switching sides is a pretty big switch.
    You have to completely retrain your muscles to react in the opposite way.
    That is IMHO like switching from doing everything right handed to left handed.

I am looking forward to Udeze being back to his early form.
    He never was a sack machine, but did a good job of stopping the run and bringing pressure.
    With him on one side and James on the other, I think our pass rush will improve.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    I guess I am in the minority, but from the limited amount of ball that I played, I think that switching sides is a pretty big switch.

He never was a sack machine, but did a good job of stopping the run and bringing pressure.
    With him on one side and James on the other, I think our pass rush will improve.
    Someone already pointed this out but if it was becoming that big of an issue, they would have switched him back to his natural side. I guess it could be very complicated and only elites like Freeney and Peppers can do it. I think it was more of that Udeze really lacking that explosive first step. I think he played RE? LT's are set to be the best lineman on the majority of teams.
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

davike is offline Team Alumni

"NodakPaul" wrote:

I agree completely...as fans only, we can't really understand how hard it is to switch sides....we can only try to guess or imagine. Really we haven't had that much time to try and assess Udeze in his own position. He had 5 sacks his rookie year, and since then we haven't really seen him play healthy or at his own position. And also, players have bad years sometimes, look at Dwight Freeney, he had a fairly mediocre year last year. I think we need to give Udeze at least another year at his own position to see if he actually is the pass rusher we drafted him as.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast