Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wait For It

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Wait For It

[size=13pt]Wait For It[/size]

By Jonathan Lopuch
    May 8, 2007

....If you think Adrian Peterson is injury-prone and Sidney Rice is another receiver bust from South Carolina, the Vikings clearly had a terrible draft....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Wait For It

20. Minnesota (from Miami) - Kenechi Udeze, DE, USC One guy who hasn't been superior to Carey is Udeze, who failed to register a sack last season and has only one in the last two years combined. It sure looks like this choice will be a bust.
    He needs to be put back on the end he is used to be playing on. Last year he was moved to the opposite end to play for the injured Erasmus James.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

duvaldomo is offline Coach

Agreed, lets hope he do play back on that side and hope he can help us out this year.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

i think him being back on his natural side, and the return of Erasmus James will open things up for our D front men.

this is the grade
    year for me, he's playing his natural spot.. and he's more then gained the expeirence to play in the prime time level.

comeone Udeze.. prove the critics wrong!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    20. Minnesota (from Miami) - Kenechi Udeze, DE, USC One guy who hasn't been superior to Carey is Udeze, who failed to register a sack last season and has only one in the last two years combined. It sure looks like this choice will be a bust.
    He needs to be put back on the end he is used to be playing on. Last year he was moved to the opposite end to play for the injured Erasmus James.
    This is why people who refuse to spend the time to properly research a team or player shouldn't be allowed to write sports articles.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    This is why people who refuse to spend the time to properly research a team or player shouldn't be allowed to write sports articles.
    Why? ???

Blog Entries

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Why? ???
    He is calling Udeze a bust based pretty much on his production in the past two seasons - one of which he missed the majority of due to injruy, the other he played out of position the entire season.

This shows me that he knows about as much about the Vikings as I do about other football teams - that is, enough to know the names of the players and have an idea of their level of play, but not enough to know all the mitigating factors in their level of play, and not enough to offer a proper analysis without additional research.
    He didn't spend the time to do the additional research, and it showed.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Why? ???
    He is calling Udeze a bust based pretty much on his production in the past two seasons - one of which he missed the majority of due to injruy, the other he played out of position the entire season.

This shows me that he knows about as much about the Vikings as I do about other football teams - that is, enough to know the names of the players and have an idea of their level of play, but not enough to know all the mitigating factors in their level of play, and not enough to offer a proper analysis without additional research.
    So, obviously, you’re disputing the opinion of the author. What has Udeze done that warrants him to be a first round pick?

Yes, he played “out of position”. But do you think that he’d be THAT MUCH more effective on the other side?

If so, these coaches need to be slapped!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I thought Udeze was playing very well last year in training camp?
    If he still can't get a sack this season playing on his natural side, then it's time to look elsewhere and call him a bust.
    Trade him for some pixie sticks and a snow shovel handel.

Blog Entries

"NodakPaul" wrote:

So, obviously, you’re disputing the opinion of the author. What has Udeze done that warrants him to be a first round pick?

Yes, he played “out of position”. But do you think that he’d be THAT MUCH more effective on the other side?

If so, these coaches need to be slapped!
    Well, yes, I do think he will be that much more effective on the other side, but I could easily be wrong and Udeze may very well be a bust.
    But that is not the point.

The author made it a point to say that Udeze only had one sack in the past two seasons, but either failed or refused to include pertinent information such as the fact that he missed the majority of 2005 and played out of position all of 2006.
    If he failed to include it (whether on purpose or by accident), then he failed at his lame attempt to grade and evaluate the draft class of 2004.

His whole article was basically slamming current draft analysts for grading this year's draft, and he goes on to say that you can't accurately grade a draft pick until they have had some time to play at the NFL level.
    Then he makes an attempt to grade the 2004 draft, but glaring omissions like this show me that his attempt isn't any better than the current ones.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast