Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

Visanthe Shiancoe joins the Patriots

One year and 1.2 million involving incentives.

Patriots sign Visanthe Shiancoe | ProFootballTalk

Looks like he's going for the ring I guess since he wouldn't play over Gronk or Hernandez.
    Last edited by FuadFan; 07-24-2012 at 06:35 PM.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    800k is incentive based....if both Gronk & Hernandez are healthy I wonder how much of that is going to be out of reach for Shank....90% of it, if they don't cut him like they did Bo Scaife after 11 days. They also have Fells and Ballard on the pup list so its kinda of hard to swing a dead cat around their building and not hit a tightend. Guess too many tighends wasn't the reason Shank turned down the Seahawk and the money turns out to be about the same, although I'll bet that Seattle was probably willing to guarantee a bit more of the contract.....but a chance for a ring could be the biggest factor.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Going to miss the Shank. He has juice in the tank and should play well elsewhere. We continue to rock the youth movement. Talking with Rudolph, he's got a good head on his shoulders and I think will come to take over this position in pretty bold fashion.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Going to miss the Shank. He has juice in the tank and should play well elsewhere. We continue to rock the youth movement. Talking with Rudolph, he's got a good head on his shoulders and I think will come to take over this position in pretty bold fashion.
    Will Rudolph be taking over Shiancoe's spot or will it be Carlson? The Vikings don't always do what seems obvious.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Will Rudolph be taking over Shiancoe's spot or will it be Carlson? The Vikings don't always do what seems obvious.
    Does it matter? The way Musgrove loves running multi-TE sets on the field, both will get enough reps.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Good luck to him, his time here in MN was up though.

He is fighting for 3rd/4th TE spot.. Pats have Ballard and Fells who are both better than Shianc' (imho of course) so he has a tough job just making the roster.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Hope the best for him, brought some swagger to our team, loved it and hope he makes the roster with NE.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Does it matter? The way Musgrove loves running multi-TE sets on the field, both will get enough reps.
    It does matter. Jimmy K was used primarily as a blocker & caught 1 pass last year. Shiancoe was used primarily as a receiver & caught 36 passes last year.

See the difference yet or do I have to explain how K-Rud's great hands & talent for catching the ball would be wasted if he was relegated to being a pass blocker that's seldom thrown to.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Well at least Shank has a shot at a ring now.

WWBGD

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    It does matter. Jimmy K was used primarily as a blocker & caught 1 pass last year. Shiancoe was used primarily as a receiver & caught 36 passes last year.

See the difference yet or do I have to explain how K-Rud's great hands & talent for catching the ball would be wasted if he was relegated to being a pass blocker that's seldom thrown to.
    You should probably clarify, otherwise a year from now he'll twist those words to you calling Jimmy K a primary pass catcher.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast