Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Vince Young Wants to Beat Out Kerry Collins as Titans' Starting QB

[size=12pt]Vince Young Wants to Beat Out Kerry Collins as Titans' Starting QB[/size]
    Posted Mar 5th 2009 6:48AM
    by Michael David Smith

When the Tennessee Titans re-signed quarterback Kerry Collins to a two-year, $15 million contract last week, they effectively announced that they had no faith in Vince Young's ability to be a starter. Teams just don't sign 36-year-old quarterbacks to eight-figure contracts when they used the third pick in the draft on a quarterback three years earlier -- unless they think that draft pick was a mistake...
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vince Young Wants to Beat Out Kerry Collins as Titans' Starting QB

I'm kindof torn on the whole "Titans QB" situation.

I for one think that Collins was a one hit wonder last year and won't have a repeat performance.
    I also am not sure that VY is a NFL caliber QB (at least at this stage) and might not ever be.

Long story short, alot of people harp on the FO (actuall Chiller cause they don't know any better) about the pick, however, judging by what the QB's out of that class has done, TJ isn't all the bad looking.

In the end, I bet VY could be the starter at some point this year but it won't be because he has earned it but rather the Collins will suck and the FO will have to make a decision going into 2010 and will want to see VY play to assist with that decision.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:

I for one think that Collins was a one hit wonder last year and won't have a repeat performance.
    I also am not sure that VY is a NFL caliber QB (at least at this stage) and might not ever be.

Long story short, alot of people harp on the FO (actuall Chiller cause they don't know any better) about the pick, however, judging by what the QB's out of that class has done, TJ isn't all the bad looking.

In the end, I bet VY could be the starter at some point this year but it won't be because he has earned it but rather the Collins will suck and the FO will have to make a decision going into 2010 and will want to see VY play to assist with that decision.
    Collins has always been sporadic in his play and tends to choke when it gets to the big ones.
    Vince has the IQ of a 'possum.
    I would be more surprised if it doesn't play out the way you said.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    ^
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:

but you hear those cats :P saying all the time "give them time"
    you do the same with Cook and Griffin.
    Griffin seemed to work, Cook, not so much yet.
    To be honest, Young hasn't had much opportunity to succeed, like TJ.
    neither has Leinart.
    Cutler has been doing pretty decent, so to say any of those QB picks were weak doesn't fly.
    I'm not sure I'd want to give up greenway for them at this point yet, but they're not writeoffs yet.

thatjusthappened28 is offline Asst. Coach

Vince Young isn't all that bad. He is one hell of a competitor. okay sure so he doesn't put up the best numbers everyone thought he was going to.

but he WINS BALL GAMES. since he's been in Tennessee, they haven't had a losing season. As a rookie he went 8-5. In his second season he went 10-6. and in 08, after his little incident, but he did win that one game. thats 19-11. not too bad to me.

thank you Josdin00 for the amazing sig!

and yes... that just happened!

"thatjusthappened28" wrote:
    Vince Young isn't all that bad. He is one hell of a competitor. okay sure so he doesn't put up the best numbers everyone thought he was going to.

but he WINS BALL GAMES. since he's been in Tennessee, they haven't had a losing season. As a rookie he went 8-5. In his second season he went 10-6. and in 08, after his little incident, but he did win that one game. thats 19-11. not too bad to me.
    Since you're giving him accolades, would you like to see the Vikings make a run for him?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

but you hear those cats :P saying all the time "give them time"
    you do the same with Cook and Griffin.
    Griffin seemed to work, Cook, not so much yet.
    To be honest, Young hasn't had much opportunity to succeed, like TJ.
    neither has Leinart.
    Cutler has been doing pretty decent, so to say any of those QB picks were weak doesn't fly.
    I'm not sure I'd want to give up greenway for them at this point yet, but they're not writeoffs yet.
    I think I worded it so as to show I would give him more time my friend.
    I always think they deserve at least a shot.

As to those QB's, you are correct, Cutler has done pretty good and I would kill to have him on the team, however, he hasn't lit the world up and does have his issues.

I've posted it on here numerous times so I know you've seen it.
    What other QB would you have taken by the way?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Vince wants to be the starter. He has started all his life, so he wants to start. And he is preparing like he is going to start."

I want to be in my early twenties, in great shape, with good eyes and a free flowing mane again. Not going to happen though.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

thatjusthappened28 is offline Asst. Coach

"Prophet" wrote:
    "thatjusthappened28" wrote:

Since you're giving him accolades, would you like to see the Vikings make a run for him?
    he wouldn't be my first choice, but i guess i wouldn't mind it. As long as he could win us games, i'm not really big on stats (except adrian, i want his stats to be great all the time haha)

so if we didn't have other options, and he wins us games... why not?

thank you Josdin00 for the amazing sig!

and yes... that just happened!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast