Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings Tidbits 07/27/06

Vikings | Williamson feels like 100 percent
    Thu, 27 Jul 2006 21:43:26 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Troy Williamson (hip) missed time in the offseason after undergoing surgery in May to remove an abscess from his left hip. "I feel 100 percent, I feel good," he said.

Vikings | Kluwe cleared to practice
    Thu, 27 Jul 2006 21:40:42 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings P Chris Kluwe (knee) said he has been cleared to take part in all activities at training camp after missing all offseason practices because of a torn ACL in his right knee.

Vikings | Team still on the prowl to improve
    Thu, 27 Jul 2006 21:36:39 -0700

Sid Hartman, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings vice president of player personnel, Rick Spielman, said the team might make more moves to improve the team as the season develops. "We were very aggressive to sign that player and put him in the mix with everybody else we have, and we'll continue to do that," Spielman said. "Every day we're having meetings with our pro department. We've already identified probably 350 names that we're going to be evaluating during the preseason and see if those names start coming off the wires or are guys that could be possibly available in a trade. You look at all avenues to get players in, and we're going to be very aggressive doing that." Spielman said he believes the Vikings signed some good players, but that getting personnel is a continuous process.

Vikings | No rookies top the depth chart heading into training camp
    Thu, 27 Jul 2006 21:30:25 -0700

Sid Hartman, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress can't see any of the Vikings draft choices, including first-round draft pick LB Chad Greenway, being on the top offensive or defensive depth charts at the start of training camp. "(Greenway) is a backup as we go into training camp," Childress said. "I don't care if it's the kid from Texas (CB Cedric Griffin, the Vikings' second-round pick) or the center we drafted from New Mexico (OC Ryan Cook, another second-round pick). All those guys, it's on merit. It's not just because they were high draft choices."

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet Guest

Re: Vikings Tidbits 07/28/06

These are actually the 27th tidbits .

I'm ready for another pre-season prognostication. Troy Williamson will emerge as #1 by week 9 of the regular season.

Re: Vikings Tidbits 07/27/06

How did this get in the "General NFL" forum when I created it by hitting "New Topic" from another Vikings thread I was in? :scratch:

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I like that Kluwe is cleared to practice.. He is a beast punting that ball which is exactly what we need.. Good to see that T-Will is fully healthy again.. I also see Greenway starting by week 1..

It is good to know Kluwe will be there. I'm really anxious to find out if he can still kick the way he did before the injury.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Good to know Williamson is feeling fine, and hopefully he does great this year.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

i'm sure kluwe will be smashin the ball like his old self. they kept him off the leg on to help that recovery.. if he's ok'd that means he's been touchin a ball and that he's doin what he did before.

can't wait till we see the big things come!!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Kluwe's injury concerns me more this year than BJ getting hurt!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Aberration is offline Rookie

Anyone else think the philosophy of bringing in new players to compete could rub players the wrong way as they feel they are always being replaced? Which I know is always the case but to blatantly claim you are never happy at any position seems like it could decrease morale in years to come... or am I just being paranoid?

sunny is offline Pro-Bowler

"Aberration" wrote:
    Anyone else think the philosophy of bringing in new players to compete could rub players the wrong way as they feel they are always being replaced? Which I know is always the case but to blatantly claim you are never happy at any position seems like it could decrease morale in years to come... or am I just being paranoid?

Yes, you are being paranoid. Pass that joint back to Ron Mexico and relax :lol:
    I.B.O.T. #213

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast