Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings' secondary has talent, talks a good game but . . .

"bleedpurple27" wrote:
    Does anyone else beside me think that B. Williams is WAY overrated? He had his chance as a starter and got burned early and often and not much has changed as the nickle/dime back.
    Anyone remeber Kenny Wright? He's starting fo Jax'ville now.....I guess if he can improve...anyone can.
    This is the deal with this guy, He's a Play maker, bottome line, he causes fumbles, he's a hard hitting good wrap up tackler. He's gets INT's, he causes fumbles. Thats the bottom line, but he's not a 4.3 three speed guy. If he was to be on another team or our team infact with a good solid pass rush he would make a fine CB. I believe he's more of a zone guy than a man guy. I also think that a move to Safety would be a hell of an idea, i've been preaching it for awhile, but good backup CB's are not easy to come by.

I guess i may be a little biased because he's the only CB worth a poo that we have drafted in the past 8 years.

NOW! To whoever said we have four pro bowlers in our secondary, RETHINK your figures, chavous will most likely never see daylight of honolulu again. The guy blows way to many plays.... f*ck plays how bout third downs and TD's, go back to the first half of the packer game, he gets schooled all day, not all of that is Winfields fault, chavous is supposed to be there for support on winfields behalf, usually he's behind the play. Driver is not an easy guy to cover, He IS a Pro Bowl WR, then add the fact that Favre's lazer is gunning to him.

Re: Vikings' secondary has talent, talks a good game but . .

"Vikes4ever" wrote:
    Just remember that are run defense is rated 30th. So, teams take what you give them. Last year we ranked pretty high against the run. That was because we couldn't stop the passing. I hope this defensive unit is going to start jelling and stay healthy. As long as we stay healthy the defense should keep improving in all areas. Skol Vikings!!!!!!!
    I think we can stop the run, BUT we need our oline to play at a high level. Online plays well=Offense keeps ball, defense fresh on the bench. With EJ, Newman, Fat Pat, and Darrion Scott playing the way they are we can stop the run, but our defense can't spend all day on the field. They need rest bottom line. I know we have a defense that can rank top 15 but we need our offense to take some of all the pressure off the defense.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

williams is overrated. hes not that good. not really at all.
    "vikingstw" wrote:
    NOW! To whoever said we have four pro bowlers in our secondary, RETHINK your figures, chavous will most likely never see daylight of honolulu again. The guy blows way to many plays.... f*ck plays how bout third downs and TD's, go back to the first half of the packer game, he gets schooled all day, not all of that is Winfields fault, chavous is supposed to be there for support on winfields behalf, usually he's behind the play. Driver is not an easy guy to cover, He IS a Pro Bowl WR, then add the fact that Favre's lazer is gunning to him.
    chavous is also overrated. he can still make plays, but i agree, he wont see another pro bowl unless something crazy happens.
    We're bringing purple back.

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

i don't know if i can put the blame on any single individual in our secondary, they all have got burned once or twice this season. we have a very talented CB tandem but i think we may want to try and find replacements for them in the next couple years.

Thanks Josdin

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Good article, singer! But our D-Line also needs to step up and put more pressure on the QB so that our DBs aren't left out there for long periods of time on each play...otherwise a receiver will eventually get open!

Good analysis, TW! You are correct in putting some of the blame on our inconsistent offense...they do need to do their part to buy our defense time to rest so that they aren't tired by the end of the game.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    i don't know if i can put the blame on any single individual in our secondary, they all have got burned once or twice this season. we have a very talented CB tandem but i think we may want to try and find replacements for them in the next couple years.
    No way man, Winfield is even actually still young dude. Those little guys like aren glen and and darrell green played for along time. I think Winfield will still be playing good football when he's a FA again. Smoot is the same way, those guys will be a great tandem for us, all in there prime while in contract with us.

oops i meant that are safties are getting a little up there in age and it wouldn't hurt to look for safety help sooner than later. not the CBs. my bad, vikingstw.

Thanks Josdin

Del Rio Guest

Chavous makes so many plays and yet he is still hated by some it is crazy. NEVER has had a season with the Vikings with less then 80+ tackles.

In the bears game he was about the only guy to make a play. Fumble recovery, interception, two BIG tackles on the goal line........

Everybody has to have a player to hate on though. If he was allowed to roam like he was before Ted came he would be in the probowl again. None of our players in the defensive backfield will be in the pro-bowl as long as Ted is in the house.

i'm not smashing on Chavous or Sharper, i just think it'd be a good idea to get some safeties sooner than later. i like our secondary but i think we could get some younger safeties in the draft and they could learn under Sharper and Chavous because they both are students of the game and watch a lot of film.

Thanks Josdin

Del Rio Guest

No we do need to draft some safties. Or hope Fox can exceed expectations they are getting up there in age.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast