Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Boldin would have been nice but in the end he wanted to go to a contender and I am pretty sure he is much happier in SF getting passes from CK than here with CP.
    Not so sure he was overly happy last night, but he might have got to live a bit of the 'Ponder Experience' in Seattle

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Hind sight is always 20/20. Yes it would have been great, it also would have been great to draft Russel Wilson. 30 other teams also failed to offer him more.
    Yup in 2005 Vikes passed on Aaron Rodgers twice just to end up with the Jaguars 08 sixth round pick and the Redskins 09 seventh round pick....may be the Vikings have to invest a bit more in their scouting department

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Hind sight is always 20/20. Yes it would have been great, it also would have been great to draft Russel Wilson. 30 other teams also failed to offer him more.
    It was not hindsight. I left messages with the Vikings to scout Wake. I have never done that with a player previously or since. I was a beta tester for a CFL PC program at the time, and I watched a lot of CFL, so I knew how Wake could dominate a game.

As far as Rodgers goes, I was pissed off that the Vikings did not draft Rodgers. I also defended him when he was not playing while on the Packers roster. That was more of an educated hunch though, as I am not a quarterbacks guru.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12