Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings blunders, Pack woes and more

Spielman is an idiot. Plain and simple. He's terrible. I will definately question this move no matter what anyone else thinks. His track record his bad. He destroyed a contending football team. He like Dave Wanstadt. I trust the Vikings FO right now but there are 2 moves so far I question. This one obviously and the way they acquired Tavaris Jackson. Like I stated before, I don't know much about the guy but if they wanted him that badly, why not draft him instead of Ryan Cook? We would have kept 2 3rd round draftees and if they liked Cook so much he would have still been around then. Other than that, I'm very happy with what they've done so far.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I think I can see through the Vikings' strategy now. They hired Spielman as an advisor, so they can do the OPPOSITE of what he says!

Pure genius.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    I think I can see through the Vikings' strategy now. They hired Spielman as an advisor, so they can do the OPPOSITE of what he says!

Pure genius.

HOW COULD I HAVE BEEN SO BLIND!! THATS IT!

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"ejmat" wrote:
    Spielman is an idiot. Plain and simple. He's terrible. I will definately question this move no matter what anyone else thinks. His track record his bad. He destroyed a contending football team. He like Dave Wanstadt. I trust the Vikings FO right now but there are 2 moves so far I question. This one obviously and the way they acquired Tavaris Jackson. Like I stated before, I don't know much about the guy but if they wanted him that badly, why not draft him instead of Ryan Cook? We would have kept 2 3rd round draftees and if they liked Cook so much he would have still been around then. Other than that, I'm very happy with what they've done so far.

I see your point, but you cannot pin it all on Spielman because we do not know the amount of weight the head coach had in making personel decisions as well.

The one thing I like about the hire is that he is good friends with Studwell and Brzyinski (sp) so we have a peaceful and productive front office.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Spielman has made some mistakes. Lets hope he has learned from them. Better he made them with other teams than with us. I don't think he will have a lot of say in the draft or in FA. I think he is there to manage contracts and players issues. :smile:

WWBGD

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Let's hope we are all correct. I saw what he can do to a club. Let's just hope he learned from mistakes.

LTrey I like that. Hired him to do the exact opposite. That IS genius.

SJHILL is offline Starter

"singersp" wrote:

7. Detroit made a really smart move by signing Ross Verba.

When focused on football, Verba is a physical offensive lineman. The former Green Bay Packer standout instantly starts for the Lions at left guard.

I really think the Lions have had a fantastic "off-season," ranging from the new coaching staff, to the draft, to free agent pick-ups. And in the past, the problem for Detroit wasn't so much talent as it was dedication and focus. That will change with Rod Marinelli, Donnie Henderson and Mike Martz.

The Lions can win eight or nine games this year and finish second in the NFC North.
    The Lions wasted $4 million on a guy woh has not played football in two years, and was mediocre to begin with. Not a smart move. I definately think that the Lions could win 9 games though.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

To win 9 games the Lions will need a QB to play well consistantly which will be difficault for McCown and/or Kitna. Besides with their terrible OL they will not be able to run the ball well and Martz will try to run an Aerial Circus like in STL and the QB will get hammered just like Bulger did.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12