V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vick likely only suspended for 4 additional games

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    [size=16pt]Breaking News!: Nobody Cares What TO Thinks Anymore.[/size]

+1

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Sajid28" wrote:
    i wouldnt mind trying him out.. lets see what he still gots... its probably better than what we have now. maybe favre can play a season and he can sit the season to learn the system.. he should be very cheap anyway.
    Can you imagine the uproar from the voting populace in MN if this organization brought him in?

Dude is damaged goods and the people (Non Sports Fans) of MN wouldn't stand for it and the Zygmiester would never get a stadium deal done.
    I think this is just the road the Vikes need to go down.
    What have their current attempts at getting a stadium by being nice gotten them?
    Nothing.

It's time to go WWE and play the heel.
    Take a hint from Brock Lesnar and give the fans the one finger salute.
    Bring in the most hated rival QB in franchise history and proclaim him your savior.
    Sign a guy that just got out of prison.
    Instead of acting all neighborly and having a code-of-conduct, threaten non-stop boat cruises and general pole-swinging misbehavior by your players until you get what you want.

Michael Vick could be a leader on that team.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

League reinstates QB Vick on conditional basis

The NFL announced Monday that commissioner Roger Goodell has reinstated QB Michael Vick on a conditional basis.

Vick will be considered for full reinstatement and will be eligible to play in regular-season games by Week 6 (Oct. 18-19). He had been suspended indefinitely since August 2007 after pleading guilty to federal charges relating to a dogfighting enterprise. He served 23 months in prison and was released from federal custody on July 20.

Vick, who’s an unrestricted free agent, can now participate in preseason practices, workouts and meetings and may play in the final two preseason games. During the regular season, Vick can participate in all team activities other than games. Vick also will be periodically evaluated by Goodell during his suspension and will be mentored by former Colts coach Tony Dungy.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/07/27/qb-vick-reinstated-on-conditional-basis/

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Overlord" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Sajid28" wrote:
    i wouldnt mind trying him out.. lets see what he still gots... its probably better than what we have now. maybe favre can play a season and he can sit the season to learn the system.. he should be very cheap anyway.
    Can you imagine the uproar from the voting populace in MN if this organization brought him in?

Dude is damaged goods and the people (Non Sports Fans) of MN wouldn't stand for it and the Zygmiester would never get a stadium deal done.
    What have their current attempts at getting a stadium by being nice gotten them?
    Nothing.

Bring in the most hated rival QB in franchise history and proclaim him your savior.
    Instead of acting all neighborly and having a code-of-conduct, threaten non-stop boat cruises and general pole-swinging misbehavior by your players until you get what you want.

Maybe OJ could be our head coach when he gets out!
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Overlord" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Sajid28" wrote:

Nothing.

Maybe OJ could be our head coach when he gets out!
    Funny, I'm sure if Ben gets cut most of the people crying character will be crying for us to pick him up. I would love us to sign Vick. He doesn't have to be a starter here but a role player until he proves he is capable of being a starter on this team. He killed dogs, he ran a better/gambling ring on those dogs. Obviously this was a part of him and many OTHER current players lives prior to football. I don't get how Allen can pose for pictures on the remains of 3 or more bears and no one is up in arms. I don't care if he is hunting, as not ever hunt is done in a morally responsible manner. Rape? Killing with a liscense? Just not dog fighting!!!

VikingsFan4Lyfe is offline Training Camp

I
    think its disturbing people who can just see past what Vick did. And TO wouldnt of defended him if he was white, the NFL is turing into a joke. Dont need to bring WWE here, its all ready here. Vikings pick up Vick, i hope they get moved to LA and go 0 and 16

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

I care about TO, but this is a Vick topic.

He is going to come back, start a little rusty, but if he was 10 steps ahead before, he might be two steps ahead now. He is going to run wild again.

[youtube=425,350]0VQY4kwhmtg[/youtube]
    We're bringing purple back.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Overlord" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Sajid28" wrote:

Nothing.

My god man that is brilliant.

+1

Pole dancers in every aisle.

"VikingsFan4Lyfe" wrote:
    I
    think its disturbing people who can just see past what Vick did. And TO wouldnt of defended him if he was white, the NFL is turing into a joke. Dont need to bring WWE here, its all ready here. Vikings pick up Vick, i hope they get moved to LA and go 0 and 16
    Are you serious? How the hell did this get turned into a racial topic? The only "joke" in this situation is the fact that you pulled something out of the air that had absolutely nothing to do with the topic at all. Look, I am definitely not condoning what Vick did AT ALL, but in all fairness, he did serve his time. You can't keep punishing someone over and over again for something they already served the required punishment for, plain and simple. What he did was disturbing and horrible, yes, but he spent nearly two years in prison, for all we know he's a changed man. Anyway, I can't believe you automatically assume that TO is defending Vick only because he is black. What would make you assume that? Hasn't TO stood up for Romo during his time in Dallas? How do you explain that?

TO is backing Vick up because they share the same opinion, NOT race.

BTW, Overlord, +1
    on your post
    "God has blessed me tremendously. I'd be a fool to complain."
    "From what I understand, the coaches will put the best 11 on the field."
    -Tyrell Johnson

VikingsFan4Lyfe is offline Training Camp

say what you want TO wouldnt back up any white player on that, maybe we should search TO place for some dead dogs. and wow 18 months in prison anyone else would still be in prison, but since he is some athlete lets let him off, then let his worthless jiggy butt back in the nfl. i now minnesota is not stupid enough to waste there time on him so i dont have to worry, he is a piece of crap hope he dies this season.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast