Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Vasher joins list of angry Bears

Hmmmm, Briggs, Jones, and Vasher. They got Manning to replace Vasher, they got Benson if Jones holds out, but besides Urlacher and Briggs, I don't think they have a whole lot at LB.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Benet" wrote:
    The average NFL career is only 3 seasons, so you can't fault the guy for wanting to strike while the iron's hot. But on the flipside, it's a bit naive to think that the Bears will pay him top money for only one year's good play. He'd had a MUCH more convincing case if he played to a high standard again this year.

That seems way to low of an average. Especially when there are many player who play 8 years or more.

Where did you get that figure?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

You have to consider every player who signs a contract and makes the team but never sees the field, etc.... those are going to drastically reduce the mean number of years played.

It may be best to look at the mode (most often appearing number rather than the average [mean]) to see what MOST players really play. Actually that will probably be one year but..... you get the picture.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

The good news is there are no Viking holdouts that I know of and we have 100% turnout for the OTA's. I think that says a lot about the management of the team. It appears to me that the Vikes will be ready to hit the field running at the beginning of the season. Something that the rest of the North is not looking like they will be able to do at this point.

WWBGD

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    You have to consider every player who signs a contract and makes the team but never sees the field, etc.... those are going to drastically reduce the mean number of years played.

It may be best to look at the mode (most often appearing number rather than the average [mean]) to see what MOST players really play. Actually that will probably be one year but..... you get the picture.
    Possibly true if you consider the guys that sign a contract, then get cut. In Vashers case he is a known starter. If you consider the average years a starter plays as well as even back ups, the average will be higher than 3 years.

Obviously Vasher is not in jepardy of getting cut.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

yes, viking camp is looking impressive with everyone attending, im very pleased to hear that.

on vasher though, this was the second year in a row he impressed, and then he had that missed FG return for a TD too, if the bears going to stick with rules that are not flexible with players performance, there going to be in a heap of trouble years down the road, they will be a feeding program for other NFL teams. say for instance the Vikings! come on over vasher, wilf would give you the money! lets get this party started!

"petrodemos" wrote:
    yes, viking camp is looking impressive with everyone attending, im very pleased to hear that.

on vasher though, this was the second year in a row he impressed, and then he had that missed FG return for a TD too, if the bears going to stick with rules that are not flexible with players performance, there going to be in a heap of trouble years down the road, they will be a feeding program for other NFL teams. say for instance the Vikings! come on over vasher, wilf would give you the money! lets get this party started!
    then we'd have Winfield, Smoot, and Vasher vying for the top two spots and the loser trying to get Devonte's spot at nickel
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12