Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

V. Young accepts offer.

Vince Young Accepts Titans Contract Offer to be Paid in Sparkly Things
    sportspickle.com

Face-to-face negotiations between the Tennessee Titans and their top draft pick, Vince Young, ended as soon as they began to day with Young excitedly accepting the team’s offer to pay him with shiny, sparkly things for the next four years with a team option for a fifth year.

“I like shiny things,” said Young. “They’re neat.”

Young’s agent, Major Adams, advised his client against accepting the deal, but was unable to convince the quarterback to hold out for real money over shiny and sparkly things.

“As much fun as they may be for him to look at and play with, a man can’t feed his family with sparkly things,” said Adams. “What I’m most disappointed in is that the Titans would stoop so low as to take advantage of Vince’s low intelligence.”

But Titans officials say they by no means tried to rip-off their franchise quarterback – a player who reportedly scored a six out of 50 on the Wonderlic intelligence test at the NFL draft combine in the spring.

“We’re simply giving Vince what he wants,” says general manager Floyd Reese. “Sure, paying him in shiny, sparkly things will save us millions of dollars, but all we want is for Vince to be happy here. And shiny things make morons like him very happy. If that keeps some money in our pockets, too, so be it.”

Adams says he will push the team to give Young shiny things of value – such as diamonds and gold pieces – instead of cheap items like brightly-colored wrapping paper and aluminum foil. But Reese stresses that the contract’s language entitles the team to give Young whatever shiny things they wish.

“If he performs well, sure, we might throw in some brand new dimes or something, but in all honesty I’m sure most of what he’ll get will be along the lines of Fourth of July sparklers and silver confetti,” said Reese.

And based on Young’s comments, that will be more than enough to keep a smile on his face.

“Sparklers are fun!” he said. “I light them and they go crackle-crackle and get real shiny. But sometimes they burn my mouth when I try to eat them. That makes me sad.”

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: V. Young accepts offer.

lol!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

LMFAO! Funny stuff

Thanks Lotza!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    Vince Young Accepts Titans Contract Offer to be Paid in Sparkly Things
    sportspickle.com

Face-to-face negotiations between the Tennessee Titans and their top draft pick, Vince Young, ended as soon as they began to day with Young excitedly accepting the team’s offer to pay him with shiny, sparkly things for the next four years with a team option for a fifth year.

Young’s agent, Major Adams, advised his client against accepting the deal, but was unable to convince the quarterback to hold out for real money over shiny and sparkly things.

“As much fun as they may be for him to look at and play with, a man can’t feed his family with sparkly things,” said Adams. “What I’m most disappointed in is that the Titans would stoop so low as to take advantage of Vince’s low intelligence.”

But Titans officials say they by no means tried to rip-off their franchise quarterback – a player who reportedly scored a six out of 50 on the Wonderlic intelligence test at the NFL draft combine in the spring.

“We’re simply giving Vince what he wants,” says general manager Floyd Reese. “Sure, paying him in shiny, sparkly things will save us millions of dollars, but all we want is for Vince to be happy here. And shiny things make morons like him very happy. If that keeps some money in our pockets, too, so be it.”

Adams says he will push the team to give Young shiny things of value – such as diamonds and gold pieces – instead of cheap items like brightly-colored wrapping paper and aluminum foil. But Reese stresses that the contract’s language entitles the team to give Young whatever shiny things they wish.

“If he performs well, sure, we might throw in some brand new dimes or something, but in all honesty I’m sure most of what he’ll get will be along the lines of Fourth of July sparklers and silver confetti,” said Reese.

And based on Young’s comments, that will be more than enough to keep a smile on his face.

“Sparklers are fun!” he said. “I light them and they go crackle-crackle and get real shiny. But sometimes they burn my mouth when I try to eat them. That makes me sad.”
    It would be even funnier if it was the Jets rather than the Titans...Manhattan Island and all that! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet Guest

Yeah, I was laughing out loud reading this one. Too funny.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Brilliant stuff!

Wow, you just can't make it up...oh wait.

Too funny!
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

Prophet Guest

My favorite line:

Go Vince Go!

Prophet Guest

Apparently, sparkly things aren't enough.

=======================

KFFL
    Titans | Reese working on contract to get Young in camp
    Tue, 25 Jul 2006 07:23:38 -0700

Terry McCormick, of the Nashville City Paper, reports Tennessee Titans general manager Floyd Reese is expected to meet face-to-face again with QB Vince Young's agent Major Adams Tuesday, July 25. "We're banging away at it," Reese said. "Thus far, they appear to be very committed to getting something done."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast