Re:Update: Matt Birk Has Not Been Traded to Steelers

Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Anywhere but Pittsburgh and in our division.

I hate seeing players I like go to teams I hate.
    LOL, I hear ya.
    I thought your deal was you hated seeing players you hate go to teams you like? Quit being wishy-washy.

=Z=
    Me or Mr. A? If its me, I only dislike players from one team........Anyone want to guess what team that is?
    [video type=youtube]NLjmnXJ8cJE[/video]
    Alas, can't see youtube at work.
    Da Bears.

=Z=
    tough to hate da bears. they are fast becoming the lions.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

gagarr wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    gagarr wrote:
    Birk's presence would have given AD 200 more yds and Favre at least 5 less sacks.
    And would have got the Noodle killed. I for one didn't miss all of the delayed blitzes up the middle that got our QB's broke every year.

Look, no one is discounting what he did for the team, but he isn't that player anymore. Just the fact that they might be shopping him already, shows that they are ready to shift to the ZB scheme they wanted to last year, until they were forced to make a change at C which caused them to stay with thier "Man" run blocking scheme.
    I totally agree he isn't that player anymore. But the disruption to the OL by having two inexperienced OL really hurt. Just replacing Cook at RT was going to help a ton. IMO Sullivan needed another year, before being thrown to the wolves.

But that said, this year OL will be better than one with Birk, given the experience Sullivan and Load have now.
    gotta give you props gagarr. two new o-lineman in the same year is huge. that is tough to overcome. I think you are right that they will be much better this year.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

AngloVike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I'm down with that

(Key note: Wildmans friend kept saying that last night. I kindof been looking for a place to use it today.... )
    Hey Marrdro getting down with the kids :woohoo:
    You should see me get jiggy (Wildman added two Seether albums to my ipod) with it when I am mowing the yard. A sight to see my friend. A sight to see.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

marshallvike wrote:
    gagarr wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    gagarr wrote:
    Birk's presence would have given AD 200 more yds and Favre at least 5 less sacks.
    And would have got the Noodle killed. I for one didn't miss all of the delayed blitzes up the middle that got our QB's broke every year.

Look, no one is discounting what he did for the team, but he isn't that player anymore. Just the fact that they might be shopping him already, shows that they are ready to shift to the ZB scheme they wanted to last year, until they were forced to make a change at C which caused them to stay with thier "Man" run blocking scheme.
    I totally agree he isn't that player anymore. But the disruption to the OL by having two inexperienced OL really hurt. Just replacing Cook at RT was going to help a ton. IMO Sullivan needed another year, before being thrown to the wolves.

But that said, this year OL will be better than one with Birk, given the experience Sullivan and Load have now.
    gotta give you props gagarr. two new o-lineman in the same year is huge. that is tough to overcome. I think you are right that they will be much better this year.
    Gagarr is wise beyond his years, but he is not the only one who has been saying we don't need to replace our G's my friend.

There is a small contingent who believe the play declined as a result of Sully and PL's injection into the starting lineup.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

marshallvike wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Da Bears.
    In my formative years (the 70s and early 80s) the Bears were vastly superior to the Packers (and Lions and Buccaneers) and were the biggest direct competition for the Vikings in the NFC Central. They are Numero Uno on my shitlist.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Zeus wrote:
    marshallvike wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Da Bears.
    In my formative years (the 70s and early 80s) the Bears were vastly superior to the Packers (and Lions and Buccaneers) and were the biggest direct competition for the Vikings in the NFC Central. They are Numero Uno on my shitlist.

=Z=
    Back there, there weren't alot of teams that weren't vastly superior to the Packers, Bucs and Lions.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123