Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 120
  1. #21
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Unrestricted Free Agents In 2010

    Whats Ray's status at the end of the year?
    :
    He would get my vote.
    Pending that update, I went with CT.

    Nothing is better than resigning our own vets who can still play.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #22
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,768
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Unrestricted Free Agents In 2010

    I'd be happy to see Clark brought in to improve the S position or failing that Franklin to cover for Pat - love the guy but just how much longer can he play at his current level?

    Lastly there's a strong case for keeping CT but again does he really want to be the #2 RB? He left Baltimore for that reason and I'm sure he wants to be the #1 back on a team. A lot will depend on how this season pans out as to whether he is willing to stay or not.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  3. #23
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Unrestricted Free Agents In 2010

    "Formo" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "VikesFan787" wrote:
    Chester Taylor, RB, Minnesota

    I hope we re-sign him. I love this guy. It seems whenever Peterson is having a tough guy, Chester pulls through.


    As long as he doesn't tip any more balls in the air.
    Vikes need a big pounder back that will punish a DL on short yards and blocking, ala Jonathon Stewart, to complement AD, who will soon be a 3 down back.
    I disagree. AD will always be used on short yardage situations, making such a back more useless than Taylor's current role. Taylor, or at least a guy like Taylor, is exactly what we need.
    Once AD becomes a better blocker and pass catcher, what will Taylor's role be?
    Just a guy to give AD a breather?

    AD is used in short yards because the Vikes don't have a BIG back or a good ball carrying FB. AD is the only other choice.
    Do you remember Leroy Hoard?
    He was a great short yardage guy to complement Robert Smith.

    Leroy had a great quote "If you need 2 yds I'll get you 3, if you need 5 yds I'll get you 3"
    or something like that.

    BIG BACK is what the Vikes need, especially when AD can handle 3rd down duties.
    Leroy was the freakin' man..
    And yes, I agree.
    We could use a big back like him.
    I agree as well.

    My thoughts on CT are this.
    I like him. He's a great back.
    I would love to re-sign the guy.
    However, I don't think it is fair to him to stay in MN.
    He will always be under APs shadow.
    I 99% believe he will be leaving after this year.
    He can start on a lot of teams.


    That leaves me to this.
    I don't know how much it will hurt.
    Truth be told he hasn't done much this year.
    If you think about it the Vikings have two RBs on their depth chart that can replace CT.
    Young appears to be ready from what I saw in the preseason and Ian Johnson is no slouch either.
    I know it is difficult to go by what happens in preseason so I can't be 100% confident but reality tells me it is something that we will faced with come next September.
    Looking at CTs numbers this year I believe either of those two backs can fill in for him and be effective.
    Not saying CT is bad or anything so please let's not misconstrue what I am saying.
    I am just syaing that the 2 RBs waiting in the wings can at least do the same thing CT is doing this year.
    I still hope we re-sign CT but I don't think it will happen.

  4. #24
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Unrestricted Free Agents In 2010

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    [quote author=VikesFan787 link=topic=54083.msg1015334#msg1015334 date=1257818230]
    Chester Taylor, RB, Minnesota

    I hope we re-sign him. I love this guy. It seems whenever Peterson is having a tough guy, Chester pulls through.


    As long as he doesn't tip any more balls in the air.
    Vikes need a big pounder back that will punish a DL on short yards and blocking, ala Jonathon Stewart, to complement AD, who will soon be a 3 down back.
    I disagree. AD will always be used on short yardage situations, making such a back more useless than Taylor's current role. Taylor, or at least a guy like Taylor, is exactly what we need.
    Once AD becomes a better blocker and pass catcher, what will Taylor's role be?
    Just a guy to give AD a breather?

    AD is used in short yards because the Vikes don't have a BIG back or a good ball carrying FB. AD is the only other choice.
    Do you remember Leroy Hoard?
    He was a great short yardage guy to complement Robert Smith.

    Leroy had a great quote "If you need 2 yds I'll get you 3, if you need 5 yds I'll get you 3"
    or something like that.

    BIG BACK is what the Vikes need, especially when AD can handle 3rd down duties.
    Leroy was the freakin' man..
    And yes, I agree.
    We could use a big back like him.
    I agree as well.

    My thoughts on CT are this.
    I like him. He's a great back.
    I would love to re-sign the guy.
    However, I don't think it is fair to him to stay in MN.
    He will always be under APs shadow.
    I 99% believe he will be leaving after this year.
    He can start on a lot of teams.


    That leaves me to this.
    I don't know how much it will hurt.
    Truth be told he hasn't done much this year.
    If you think about it the Vikings have two RBs on their depth chart that can replace CT.
    Young appears to be ready from what I saw in the preseason and Ian Johnson is no slouch either.
    I know it is difficult to go by what happens in preseason so I can't be 100% confident but reality tells me it is something that we will faced with come next September.
    Looking at CTs numbers this year I believe either of those two backs can fill in for him and be effective.
    Not saying CT is bad or anything so please let's not misconstrue what I am saying.
    I am just syaing that the 2 RBs waiting in the wings can at least do the same thing CT is doing this year.
    I still hope we re-sign CT but I don't think it will happen.
    [/quote]
    Good stuff my friend.

    For me, it will get down to "What does he want" with respect to CT.
    Will he demand starters money or will he take a contract that the team can afford.

    My guess he will opt for that last "Big" payday and move on and the FO will opt to promote one of the cats you mentioned to take his place.
    Nature of the beast I suppose.

    What will be fun will be the discussions that will ensue, kindof along the Tahi/T-rich discussion.
    Don't ya just love this site.

    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #25
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Unrestricted Free Agents In 2010

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    [quote author=gagarr link=topic=54083.msg1015349#msg1015349 date=1257821436]
    [quote author=VikesFan787 link=topic=54083.msg1015334#msg1015334 date=1257818230]
    Chester Taylor, RB, Minnesota

    I hope we re-sign him. I love this guy. It seems whenever Peterson is having a tough guy, Chester pulls through.


    As long as he doesn't tip any more balls in the air.
    Vikes need a big pounder back that will punish a DL on short yards and blocking, ala Jonathon Stewart, to complement AD, who will soon be a 3 down back.
    I disagree. AD will always be used on short yardage situations, making such a back more useless than Taylor's current role. Taylor, or at least a guy like Taylor, is exactly what we need.
    Once AD becomes a better blocker and pass catcher, what will Taylor's role be?
    Just a guy to give AD a breather?

    AD is used in short yards because the Vikes don't have a BIG back or a good ball carrying FB. AD is the only other choice.
    Do you remember Leroy Hoard?
    He was a great short yardage guy to complement Robert Smith.

    Leroy had a great quote "If you need 2 yds I'll get you 3, if you need 5 yds I'll get you 3"
    or something like that.

    BIG BACK is what the Vikes need, especially when AD can handle 3rd down duties.
    Leroy was the freakin' man..
    And yes, I agree.
    We could use a big back like him.
    I agree as well.

    My thoughts on CT are this.
    I like him. He's a great back.
    I would love to re-sign the guy.
    However, I don't think it is fair to him to stay in MN.
    He will always be under APs shadow.
    I 99% believe he will be leaving after this year.
    He can start on a lot of teams.


    That leaves me to this.
    I don't know how much it will hurt.
    Truth be told he hasn't done much this year.
    If you think about it the Vikings have two RBs on their depth chart that can replace CT.
    Young appears to be ready from what I saw in the preseason and Ian Johnson is no slouch either.
    I know it is difficult to go by what happens in preseason so I can't be 100% confident but reality tells me it is something that we will faced with come next September.
    Looking at CTs numbers this year I believe either of those two backs can fill in for him and be effective.
    Not saying CT is bad or anything so please let's not misconstrue what I am saying.
    I am just syaing that the 2 RBs waiting in the wings can at least do the same thing CT is doing this year.
    I still hope we re-sign CT but I don't think it will happen.
    [/quote]
    Good stuff my friend.

    For me, it will get down to "What does he want" with respect to CT.
    Will he demand starters money or will he take a contract that the team can afford.

    My guess he will opt for that last "Big" payday and move on and the FO will opt to promote one of the cats you mentioned to take his place.
    Nature of the beast I suppose.

    What will be fun will be the discussions that will ensue, kindof along the Tahi/T-rich discussion.
    Don't ya just love this site.


    ;D
    [/quote]

    I do love this site and I agree there will be some disgruntled fans asking why the VIKINGS screwed the pooch by not re-signing CT.
    He'll go off somewhere else and have a monster year but people won't see that fact that he wouldn't have that year with the Vikings because of the situation.
    That's my guess anyway.
    ;D

  6. #26
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Unrestricted Free Agents In 2010

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    [quote author=V link=topic=54083.msg1015358#msg1015358 date=1257822900]
    [quote author=gagarr link=topic=54083.msg1015349#msg1015349 date=1257821436]
    [quote author=VikesFan787 link=topic=54083.msg1015334#msg1015334 date=1257818230]
    Chester Taylor, RB, Minnesota

    I hope we re-sign him. I love this guy. It seems whenever Peterson is having a tough guy, Chester pulls through.


    As long as he doesn't tip any more balls in the air.
    Vikes need a big pounder back that will punish a DL on short yards and blocking, ala Jonathon Stewart, to complement AD, who will soon be a 3 down back.
    I disagree. AD will always be used on short yardage situations, making such a back more useless than Taylor's current role. Taylor, or at least a guy like Taylor, is exactly what we need.
    Once AD becomes a better blocker and pass catcher, what will Taylor's role be?
    Just a guy to give AD a breather?

    AD is used in short yards because the Vikes don't have a BIG back or a good ball carrying FB. AD is the only other choice.
    Do you remember Leroy Hoard?
    He was a great short yardage guy to complement Robert Smith.

    Leroy had a great quote "If you need 2 yds I'll get you 3, if you need 5 yds I'll get you 3"
    or something like that.

    BIG BACK is what the Vikes need, especially when AD can handle 3rd down duties.
    Leroy was the freakin' man..
    And yes, I agree.
    We could use a big back like him.
    I agree as well.

    My thoughts on CT are this.
    I like him. He's a great back.
    I would love to re-sign the guy.
    However, I don't think it is fair to him to stay in MN.
    He will always be under APs shadow.
    I 99% believe he will be leaving after this year.
    He can start on a lot of teams.


    That leaves me to this.
    I don't know how much it will hurt.
    Truth be told he hasn't done much this year.
    If you think about it the Vikings have two RBs on their depth chart that can replace CT.
    Young appears to be ready from what I saw in the preseason and Ian Johnson is no slouch either.
    I know it is difficult to go by what happens in preseason so I can't be 100% confident but reality tells me it is something that we will faced with come next September.
    Looking at CTs numbers this year I believe either of those two backs can fill in for him and be effective.
    Not saying CT is bad or anything so please let's not misconstrue what I am saying.
    I am just syaing that the 2 RBs waiting in the wings can at least do the same thing CT is doing this year.
    I still hope we re-sign CT but I don't think it will happen.
    [/quote]
    Good stuff My Farvish Friend.

    For me, it will get down to "What does he want" with respect to CT.
    Will he demand starters money or will he take a contract that the team can afford.

    My guess he will opt for that last "Big" payday and move on and the FO will opt to promote one of the cats you mentioned to take his place.
    Nature of the beast I suppose.

    What will be fun will be the discussions that will ensue, kindof along the Tahi/T-rich discussion.
    Don't ya just love this site.


    ;D
    [/quote]

    I do love this site and I agree there will be some disgruntled fans asking why the VIKINGS screwed the pooch by not re-signing CT.
    He'll go off somewhere else and have a monster year but people won't see that fact that he wouldn't have that year with the Vikings because of the situation.
    That's my guess anyway.
    ;D
    [/quote]
    To date I think this staff has been pretty good in that area.
    With the exception of Sharp, who has really lit it up when let go?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #27
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Unrestricted Free Agents In 2010

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    [quote author=gagarr link=topic=54083.msg1015362#msg1015362 date=1257823804]
    [quote author=V link=topic=54083.msg1015358#msg1015358 date=1257822900]
    [quote author=gagarr link=topic=54083.msg1015349#msg1015349 date=1257821436]
    [quote author=VikesFan787 link=topic=54083.msg1015334#msg1015334 date=1257818230]
    Chester Taylor, RB, Minnesota

    I hope we re-sign him. I love this guy. It seems whenever Peterson is having a tough guy, Chester pulls through.


    As long as he doesn't tip any more balls in the air.
    Vikes need a big pounder back that will punish a DL on short yards and blocking, ala Jonathon Stewart, to complement AD, who will soon be a 3 down back.
    I disagree. AD will always be used on short yardage situations, making such a back more useless than Taylor's current role. Taylor, or at least a guy like Taylor, is exactly what we need.
    Once AD becomes a better blocker and pass catcher, what will Taylor's role be?
    Just a guy to give AD a breather?

    AD is used in short yards because the Vikes don't have a BIG back or a good ball carrying FB. AD is the only other choice.
    Do you remember Leroy Hoard?
    He was a great short yardage guy to complement Robert Smith.

    Leroy had a great quote "If you need 2 yds I'll get you 3, if you need 5 yds I'll get you 3"
    or something like that.

    BIG BACK is what the Vikes need, especially when AD can handle 3rd down duties.
    Leroy was the freakin' man..
    And yes, I agree.
    We could use a big back like him.
    I agree as well.

    My thoughts on CT are this.
    I like him. He's a great back.
    I would love to re-sign the guy.
    However, I don't think it is fair to him to stay in MN.
    He will always be under APs shadow.
    I 99% believe he will be leaving after this year.
    He can start on a lot of teams.


    That leaves me to this.
    I don't know how much it will hurt.
    Truth be told he hasn't done much this year.
    If you think about it the Vikings have two RBs on their depth chart that can replace CT.
    Young appears to be ready from what I saw in the preseason and Ian Johnson is no slouch either.
    I know it is difficult to go by what happens in preseason so I can't be 100% confident but reality tells me it is something that we will faced with come next September.
    Looking at CTs numbers this year I believe either of those two backs can fill in for him and be effective.
    Not saying CT is bad or anything so please let's not misconstrue what I am saying.
    I am just syaing that the 2 RBs waiting in the wings can at least do the same thing CT is doing this year.
    I still hope we re-sign CT but I don't think it will happen.
    [/quote]
    Good stuff My Farvish Friend.

    For me, it will get down to "What does he want" with respect to CT.
    Will he demand starters money or will he take a contract that the team can afford.

    My guess he will opt for that last "Big" payday and move on and the FO will opt to promote one of the cats you mentioned to take his place.
    Nature of the beast I suppose.

    What will be fun will be the discussions that will ensue, kindof along the Tahi/T-rich discussion.
    Don't ya just love this site.


    ;D
    [/quote]

    I do love this site and I agree there will be some disgruntled fans asking why the VIKINGS screwed the pooch by not re-signing CT.
    He'll go off somewhere else and have a monster year but people won't see that fact that he wouldn't have that year with the Vikings because of the situation.
    That's my guess anyway.
    ;D
    [/quote]
    To date I think this staff has been pretty good in that area.
    With the exception of Sharp, who has really lit it up when let go?
    [/quote]

    Sharp is having himself a great year but who'd a thunk it?
    His productivity on teh Vikings has slipped the last couple of years so I do understand why the team thought Johnson would be a better fit this year.
    Did it backfire?
    It looks like it did but there is no telling that Sharp would be having the same year in MN.
    Hind-sight is always 20/20.
    You are correct in that the FO have done a good job at leatting people go at the right time for the most part.
    Even if they did let CT go (I think it will be CTs decision) it wouldn't be a bad decision.
    Not because CT sucks but because of the situation.
    CT could have a much more productive career elsewhere.

  8. #28
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Unrestricted Free Agents In 2010

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    [quote author=Formo link=topic=54083.msg1015367#msg1015367 date=1257824792]
    [quote author=gagarr link=topic=54083.msg1015362#msg1015362 date=1257823804]
    [quote author=V link=topic=54083.msg1015358#msg1015358 date=1257822900]
    [quote author=gagarr link=topic=54083.msg1015349#msg1015349 date=1257821436]
    [quote author=VikesFan787 link=topic=54083.msg1015334#msg1015334 date=1257818230]
    Chester Taylor, RB, Minnesota

    I hope we re-sign him. I love this guy. It seems whenever Peterson is having a tough guy, Chester pulls through.


    As long as he doesn't tip any more balls in the air.
    Vikes need a big pounder back that will punish a DL on short yards and blocking, ala Jonathon Stewart, to complement AD, who will soon be a 3 down back.
    I disagree. AD will always be used on short yardage situations, making such a back more useless than Taylor's current role. Taylor, or at least a guy like Taylor, is exactly what we need.
    Once AD becomes a better blocker and pass catcher, what will Taylor's role be?
    Just a guy to give AD a breather?

    AD is used in short yards because the Vikes don't have a BIG back or a good ball carrying FB. AD is the only other choice.
    Do you remember Leroy Hoard?
    He was a great short yardage guy to complement Robert Smith.

    Leroy had a great quote "If you need 2 yds I'll get you 3, if you need 5 yds I'll get you 3"
    or something like that.

    BIG BACK is what the Vikes need, especially when AD can handle 3rd down duties.
    Leroy was the freakin' man..
    And yes, I agree.
    We could use a big back like him.
    I agree as well.

    My thoughts on CT are this.
    I like him. He's a great back.
    I would love to re-sign the guy.
    However, I don't think it is fair to him to stay in MN.
    He will always be under APs shadow.
    I 99% believe he will be leaving after this year.
    He can start on a lot of teams.


    That leaves me to this.
    I don't know how much it will hurt.
    Truth be told he hasn't done much this year.
    If you think about it the Vikings have two RBs on their depth chart that can replace CT.
    Young appears to be ready from what I saw in the preseason and Ian Johnson is no slouch either.
    I know it is difficult to go by what happens in preseason so I can't be 100% confident but reality tells me it is something that we will faced with come next September.
    Looking at CTs numbers this year I believe either of those two backs can fill in for him and be effective.
    Not saying CT is bad or anything so please let's not misconstrue what I am saying.
    I am just syaing that the 2 RBs waiting in the wings can at least do the same thing CT is doing this year.
    I still hope we re-sign CT but I don't think it will happen.
    [/quote]
    Good stuff My Farvish Friend.

    For me, it will get down to "What does he want" with respect to CT.
    Will he demand starters money or will he take a contract that the team can afford.

    My guess he will opt for that last "Big" payday and move on and the FO will opt to promote one of the cats you mentioned to take his place.
    Nature of the beast I suppose.

    What will be fun will be the discussions that will ensue, kindof along the Tahi/T-rich discussion.
    Don't ya just love this site.


    ;D
    [/quote]

    I do love this site and I agree there will be some disgruntled fans asking why the VIKINGS screwed the pooch by not re-signing CT.
    He'll go off somewhere else and have a monster year but people won't see that fact that he wouldn't have that year with the Vikings because of the situation.
    That's my guess anyway.
    ;D
    [/quote]
    To date I think this staff has been pretty good in that area.
    With the exception of Sharp, who has really lit it up when let go?
    [/quote]

    Sharp is having himself a great year but who'd a thunk it?
    His productivity on teh Vikings has slipped the last couple of years so I do understand why the team thought Johnson would be a better fit this year.
    Did it backfire?
    It looks like it did but there is no telling that Sharp would be having the same year in MN.
    Hind-sight is always 20/20.
    You are correct in that the FO have done a good job at leatting people go at the right time for the most part.
    [size=10pt]Even if they did let CT go (I think it will be CTs decision) it wouldn't be a bad decision.
    Not because CT sucks but because of the situation.
    [/size]

    CT could have a much more productive career elsewhere.
    [/quote]
    Agreed.

    To many other players that need to be resigned.
    Money that CT would garner can be used on guys like Ray, TJ, Greenway, heck even AD should have reached all his incentives by now.
    A deal could start to be worked for him to I would suspect.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #29
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Unrestricted Free Agents In 2010

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=54083.msg1015471#msg1015471 date=1257860384]
    [quote author=Formo link=topic=54083.msg1015367#msg1015367 date=1257824792]
    [quote author=gagarr link=topic=54083.msg1015362#msg1015362 date=1257823804]
    [quote author=V link=topic=54083.msg1015358#msg1015358 date=1257822900]
    [quote author=gagarr link=topic=54083.msg1015349#msg1015349 date=1257821436]
    [quote author=VikesFan787 link=topic=54083.msg1015334#msg1015334 date=1257818230]
    Chester Taylor, RB, Minnesota

    I hope we re-sign him. I love this guy. It seems whenever Peterson is having a tough guy, Chester pulls through.


    As long as he doesn't tip any more balls in the air.
    Vikes need a big pounder back that will punish a DL on short yards and blocking, ala Jonathon Stewart, to complement AD, who will soon be a 3 down back.
    I disagree. AD will always be used on short yardage situations, making such a back more useless than Taylor's current role. Taylor, or at least a guy like Taylor, is exactly what we need.
    Once AD becomes a better blocker and pass catcher, what will Taylor's role be?
    Just a guy to give AD a breather?

    AD is used in short yards because the Vikes don't have a BIG back or a good ball carrying FB. AD is the only other choice.
    Do you remember Leroy Hoard?
    He was a great short yardage guy to complement Robert Smith.

    Leroy had a great quote "If you need 2 yds I'll get you 3, if you need 5 yds I'll get you 3"
    or something like that.

    BIG BACK is what the Vikes need, especially when AD can handle 3rd down duties.
    Leroy was the freakin' man..
    And yes, I agree.
    We could use a big back like him.
    I agree as well.

    My thoughts on CT are this.
    I like him. He's a great back.
    I would love to re-sign the guy.
    However, I don't think it is fair to him to stay in MN.
    He will always be under APs shadow.
    I 99% believe he will be leaving after this year.
    He can start on a lot of teams.


    That leaves me to this.
    I don't know how much it will hurt.
    Truth be told he hasn't done much this year.
    If you think about it the Vikings have two RBs on their depth chart that can replace CT.
    Young appears to be ready from what I saw in the preseason and Ian Johnson is no slouch either.
    I know it is difficult to go by what happens in preseason so I can't be 100% confident but reality tells me it is something that we will faced with come next September.
    Looking at CTs numbers this year I believe either of those two backs can fill in for him and be effective.
    Not saying CT is bad or anything so please let's not misconstrue what I am saying.
    I am just syaing that the 2 RBs waiting in the wings can at least do the same thing CT is doing this year.
    I still hope we re-sign CT but I don't think it will happen.
    [/quote]
    Good stuff My Farvish Friend.

    For me, it will get down to "What does he want" with respect to CT.
    Will he demand starters money or will he take a contract that the team can afford.

    My guess he will opt for that last "Big" payday and move on and the FO will opt to promote one of the cats you mentioned to take his place.
    Nature of the beast I suppose.

    What will be fun will be the discussions that will ensue, kindof along the Tahi/T-rich discussion.
    Don't ya just love this site.


    ;D
    [/quote]

    I do love this site and I agree there will be some disgruntled fans asking why the VIKINGS screwed the pooch by not re-signing CT.
    He'll go off somewhere else and have a monster year but people won't see that fact that he wouldn't have that year with the Vikings because of the situation.
    That's my guess anyway.
    ;D
    [/quote]
    To date I think this staff has been pretty good in that area.
    With the exception of Sharp, who has really lit it up when let go?
    [/quote]

    Sharp is having himself a great year but who'd a thunk it?
    His productivity on teh Vikings has slipped the last couple of years so I do understand why the team thought Johnson would be a better fit this year.
    Did it backfire?
    It looks like it did but there is no telling that Sharp would be having the same year in MN.
    Hind-sight is always 20/20.
    You are correct in that the FO have done a good job at leatting people go at the right time for the most part.
    [size=10pt]Even if they did let CT go (I think it will be CTs decision) it wouldn't be a bad decision.
    Not because CT sucks but because of the situation.
    [/size]

    CT could have a much more productive career elsewhere.
    [/quote]
    Agreed.

    To many other players that need to be resigned.
    Money that CT would garner can be used on guys like Ray, TJ, Greenway, heck even AD should have reached all his incentives by now.
    A deal could start to be worked for him to I would suspect.
    [/quote]

    Truth be told and I will probably be trashed for this but I was thinking the Vikings would have tried to trade CT for extra draft picks next year.
    Just a gut feeling i had but I'm not to sad they didn't.
    I like CT being a Viking.

  10. #30
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: Unrestricted Free Agents In 2010

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    Ryan Clark ... NO DOUBT about it.

    This guy is a fantastic player at a position we are really struggling at and have for a few years now.

    I would love to insert Clark into our secondary mix.

    I also think we should re-sign ... and will re-sign ... Chester Taylor. An RB his age is going to have a tough time getting serious dough on the open market and hopefully we show appreciation by bringing him back.

    Peppers is a far-fetched dream ... but Kampman would be fun.
    Peppers might be far fetched, but one can dream.

    Kampman would be fine!
    Do the Pack let him get away?

    LOL, is any S going to look good in our system?
    Clark?
    The question is: Will Kampman want to play in GB?
    I get the impression he'd like to be the dominant DE he was before they made him an OLB.


    I think we have a few things going for us when we look at the dominant DE's out there:
    1)
    Jared Allen.
    How many guys are you going to double?
    2)
    Kevin Williams.
    See above.
    He DEMANDS attention
    3)
    Pat Williams.
    See above.
    He eats blockers for breakfast.
    4)
    Single blockers mean big stats, big stats mean notoriety, big stats make people happy.
    5)
    A winning team.
    See New England Patriots for a list of people who have taken a bit less than they could earn on the open market to play on a winning team.

    Not to mention some side-notes:
    1a)
    PetersonFavre
    1b)
    FavrePeterson
    -Leaders who make their job easier.

    While I agree many FAs will chase the big payday, there are other factors that come in to play... I believe these factors make us particularly attractive in the FA market.
    Plus there are a number of variables we don't know about.


    Is Kampman pissed he's stuck playing out of position?
    Is he pissed at TT/Packers organization as well?
    Would he enjoy putting on the purple to be able to show them twice a year why he should be a DE in a 4-3 scheme?



    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Viking free agents 2010
    By KevinK in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 03-08-2010, 01:20 PM
  2. Unrestricted free agents(Thoughts and predictions)
    By KevinK in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 02-26-2010, 09:32 AM
  3. MOVED: Viking free agents 2010
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-28-2010, 01:50 PM
  4. 2010 NBA Free Agents
    By oaklandzoo24 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-21-2008, 06:45 PM
  5. 2008 Remaining Unrestricted Free Agents (2 April)
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-03-2008, 07:37 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •