Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Unrest starting in Raider-land already!

Curry felt slighted that he was not more involved in the offense!

09/15 11:49 Raiders: Curry curious about role

THE NEWS
    Wide receiver Ronald Curry was left to wonder about his involvement in the Raiders offense after playing sparingly in the second half of last week's loss to the Patriots. "It was just the kind of game we got in," quarterback Kerry Collins told the Oakland Tribune. "We took a lot of shots down the field. We've primarily used Ron as kind of the middle and underneath guy. We will get him involved. I am not worried about that one bit." Curry did not record a catch and was thrown at only once, in the first half.

Our View
    Head coach Norv Turner also claimed that Curry's lack of action was more circumstance than game plan. It's worth noting that he lost playing time to Alvis Whitted, who had a strong training camp while Curry was rehabbing from his Achilles' injury. Curry told the San Francisco Chronicle that he is 100 percent healthy and ready to go, so we'll keep a close eye on his involvement in week two against the Chiefs. Keep him reserved for now.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Unrest starting in Raider-land already!

The randy ratio is already pissing teamates off.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

What did the guy expect, he's behind Porter and Moss on the depth chart. Duh.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

Sounds like poss. behind or equal to Witted also. But hey, if he wants out, Tice could always use another receiver ... Right?? :cheers:

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

What are you guys concerned with the Raiders for? This is what you should be concerned about...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-notebook091405&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

"The short-term loser in the Minnesota Vikings' signing of wide receiver Koren Robinson could end up being rookie Troy Williamson, who apparently is having a tough time running crisp routes. If Robinson can pick up the Vikings' system quickly and keep his life in order off the field, the organization thinks he could become a quality starter. As far as this season is concerned, that's not good news for Williamson, who didn't have a single pass thrown his direction in Sunday's loss to the Buccaneers.
    While Minnesota still has designs for Williamson to be the complement to Nate Burleson, his production this year will take a hit if Robinson looks ready to contribute by October. Robinson is only on a one-year deal, but if he puts up good numbers, his long-term prospects might make Marcus Robinson the odd man out in the receiver rotation."

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I'm still not sold on that draft pick, but we gotta get the guy in the games to see what he's got!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

That is wrong tho, Robinson signed a 2 year deal.

I am hoping when our offense starts to roll that there will be plenty of balls going around. And I am not that big of fan of Marcus so if he is the odd man out, well that is the way the ball bounces.

And I am not under the impression that Williamson has to be the star WR this year, if it takes him a couple years to develop, that is OK.

We have Nate, and I think that Taylor is going to be a great addition. If Koren works out, and Williamson has to prove himself on the field to get playing time then he will have to.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Screw the Raidahs...they had their one chance for me to root for them...against the Patsies...and they lost...so screw them!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Actually, the Koren signing might be the best thing that happened to Williamson's chances with the Vikes. Most wide receivers take two or three years to develop into the NFL. For top picks, that can be a curse. Teams usually have high picks because they need them, and therefore, the players they pick in those spots are expected to contribute early on. At positions with a higher learning curve, that can lead to rookies loosing confidence in themselves, and ultimately stunt a players development. Sure, there are exceptions to the rule, but for every Roethlisburger, there's a McNown.

If Koren takes some of Williamson's playing time, he also takes some of the pressure off Williamson, giving him more time to practice and adjust his route running and his coverage reads to the speed of the NFL. Thus, giving him a better chance of performing like his draft pick says he should when he is called upon.

If we had drafted a running back, a position where rookies generally can contribute right away, and then signed a marginal vet to play ahead of him, I'd be much more worried. As it is, this doesn't bother me as much as it seems to bug others.

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    Curry didn't start doing much till the end of the season. Then he got hurt. The Raiders got Moss. Curry should have expected it would be slow to get back to being part of the offense. With all the WR's they have it will be tough for them all to get stats. I think he will get more shots against the Chiefers.

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast