Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Unheralded linemen remain guts of every Super Bowl champion

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Re: Unheralded linemen remain guts of every Super Bowl champion

Great article Prophet - thanks for the post.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Frostbite is offline Coach

Great Read Prophet...Thanks.

I have always believed it was the guys in the trenches just as much as it was the QB, WRs or RBs that won SBs. I am probably one of the few fans that believes you don't have to have a Superstar QB to win a SB either. That article talked about those Great Raider teams under Madden. I remember Upshaw and Shell and that whole Raider offense very well, and they had no Superstar in Stabler at QB. He was an Average player/athlete/QB but he had top quality all around him on Offense. The Raiders defense was pretty impressive too.

The Steelers with T. Bradshaw was another example I used before. He was not a Superstar QB, and for that matter neither was B. Griese of the Dolphins anything spectacular. These guys were winners, helped along greatly by the Stars around them in the trenches and at other positions on the offense.

I for one have had and always will have a great respect for the line players. Without great performances from them you can't win period. IMHO anyways.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Frostbite" wrote:
    Great Read Prophet...Thanks.

I have always believed it was the guys in the trenches just as much as it was the QB, WRs or RBs that won SBs. I am probably one of the few fans that believes you don't have to have a Superstar QB to win a SB either. That article talked about those Great Raider teams under Madden. I remember Upshaw and Shell and that whole Raider offense very well, and they had no Superstar in Stabler at QB. He was an Average player/athlete/QB but he had top quality all around him on Offense. The Raiders defense was pretty impressive too.

The Steelers with T. Bradshaw was another example I used before. He was not a Superstar QB, and for that matter neither was B. Griese of the Dolphins anything spectacular. These guys were winners, helped along greatly by the Stars around them in the trenches and at other positions on the offense.

I for one have had and always will have a great respect for the line players. Without great performances from them you can't win period. IMHO anyways.

Cheers!
    When you start watching the OL/DL more than you do the QB, RB and WR's then you know you have a problem.

;D

I'm pretty hard on both lines (Mostly the OL) in alot of my posts, but that is because I really find thier play fascinating and do watch it more than the ball.

Try it once.
    You'll will see alot of things happening that either lead to a plays success or a plays failure.

And you will always know were the ball is.

;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg