Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

UGGH - Carolina Loses To Falcons 20 - 6

I personally did not want Carolina to lose coming in to the dome next week at 0-1.
    They may feel now that they need a victory.
    Thoughts?

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

snowinapril is online now Jersey Retired

Re: UGGH - Carolina Loses To Falcons 20 - 6

Where is Steve Smith?
    I am totally out of the loop.

I didn't see him in the stats.

outcast316 is offline Pro-Bowler

Smith was hurt...it could be a rough game next week
    Signature not changing until the Vikings win the Super Bowl. Started- 7/8/2005

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

I heard it is possible he will miss next week too

THE NEWS
    The Herald Online out of South Carolina reports that the hamstring injury that has wide receiver Steve Smith ailing could keep him out until the Panthers week three game against the Bucaneers. The Herald reports that the team is downplaying his injury, which is more serious than has been reported. The Herald's report conflicts other reports coming from team sources that Smith would be a gametime decision and could play Sunday.
    Our View
    The Herald did not cite any team sources in reporting that Smith could be out until week three. Their logic is that he missed 17 days for his first hamstring injury in training camp, and that if his current hamstring injury is similar, then he would not be on the field until September 24th. This logic seems flawed, especially since MRIs have come back with no tears or serious damage. Stay tuned on Smith, because he could go either way this week, as team sources are more reliable than the Herald's "logic."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2581838
    Updated: Sep. 10, 2006, 11:39 AM ET
    Panthers' Smith grounded, will miss opener vs. FalconsAssociated Press

Smith
    Steve Smith will miss the Panthers' opener against the Falcons.

The Carolina Panthers' All-Pro receiver missed his three straight days of practice this week with a sore right hamstring.

With Smith out, Keary Colbert or Drew Carter likely will start at receiver opposite Keyshawn Johnson on Sunday.

Smith, who led the league in receiving last season, tweaked his right hamstring Tuesday and hasn't practiced since.

He has been plagued by injuries since straining his left hamstring on the first day of training camp. After missing 17 days, he returned to practice, only to be sidelined a few days later with an ingrown toenail. The injuries forced him to miss all four preseason games.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Steve Smith is their X-factor. Without him they are nothing IMO. Look at how they did a couple of seasons ago when he was injured.. If he doesn't play next weekend, I think we will be able to win.

!!!! i decided to take Jake (2nd QB in Fantasy football) since my first, Eli Manning, is playing the colts!! i can't believe Jake Delhomme sucked soooo bad!!! his passes were way off target!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Even if Smith is back next week he more than likely won't have a full week of passes, he will not be in sync with the offense, and his conditioning will not be the best with all of the time off. Plus he will probably be tentative about putting alot of stress on the hammy because he won't want to pull it again.

If he is not at 95 percent right now we should have no problem shutting him down. If not we don't deserve to win. Personally I hope we get a little payback and lay a few licks on him for last year.

snowinapril is online now Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Even if Smith is back next week he more than likely won't have a full week of passes, he will not be in sync with the offense, and his conditioning will not be the best with all of the time off. Plus he will probably be tentative about putting alot of stress on the hammy because he won't want to pull it again.

If he is not at 95 percent right now we should have no problem shutting him down. If not we don't deserve to win. Personally I hope we get a little payback and lay a few licks on him for last year.
    Bring in Smoot

sharper42 is offline Pro-Bowler

"SKOL" wrote:
    I personally did not want Carolina to lose coming in to the dome next week at 0-1.
    They may feel now that they need a victory.
    Thoughts?
    you'd rather have them be 1-0 and on a roll? id prefer them to be 0-1 than 1-0
    our only sure-handed receiver

NaryBim is offline Training Camp

"PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:
    i can't believe Jake Delhomme sucked soooo bad!!! his passes were way off target!!!
    Kinda like Brady today...only 11 completions.
    Its hard to start all afire I guess, unless, of course, you're Brad, son of John.
    "When you have fear, bad things happen."
    C. Fason

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast