Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 51
  1. #21
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: UFL expansion team launching in Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1086365
    I know I have posted in this topic already, but this time when I read the title, I thought it said "UFL expansion team launching in Vagina"
    Quit cracking me up.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #22
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: UFL expansion team launching in Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1086373
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086222
    General update. I know very few care, but I do....:P

    The team is going to be called the Destroyers. Not a bad name I guess. Play will begin in 2011.



    Virginia Destroyers


    We have a President and Head Coach all rolled into one. Caine would love that idea. Goes by the name of Joe Moglia.

    Good thing is he has some coaching experience and just isn't a CEO kindof guy.

    Joe Moglia Bio

    Heck, didn't know it, but there is an actual football forumn out there for the UFL and its teams. Gonna join today as it will give me another place to spew forth my drivel.

    UFL (United Football League) Access Forums

    Still don't know much about tickets, however, Wildwoman and I are on the waiting list for seasons tickets when/if they ever make them available.

    Stadium we will play it is Virginia Beach Sportsplex. From what I can gather, it holds/seats about 7,000 fans. Wouldn't have been my first choice cause it is a bit of a drive from were we live on the other side of the water, but I will have my designated driver with me.



    Tailgaiting has been approved.
    Sportsplex


    Anyway, not real football, but football nonetheless. A couple of years of that and we will move up to the big time. :laugh:
    Hopefully in a year or two you can have the Chiller as their HC and TJ as their QB with Sully hiking the ball.
    Doubt it. Another NFL team will be winning with them.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #23
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: UFL expansion team launching in Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by "STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES" #1086376
    It seems like the expansion in va. has been in the works for a while. I have no real reason to think that, other then i saw a guy at the grocery store with a 'destroyers' sweatshirt on, and it didn't look like he got it for christmas or anything.
    There has been an effort to get a pro team for several years.

    A couple years back we shifted our efforts and tried to land the baseball team that eventually became the nationals but were turned down because of infrastructure.

    Since then we have upgraded some roads, especially the beltway around all the cities and are almost done with the "Light Rail" expansion which runs from downtown to the area called "Bowers Hill" were a stadium could/would be built. Lots and lots of corporate expansion out that way to include my companies new Headquarters.

    Anyway, the UFL is kindof a new thing. Couple of years. Not what most of us hoped would happen, but a start. Maybe if it goes over good, we might get the nod the next time the area tries for a "Real Pro" team.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #24
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: UFL expansion team launching in Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by "Erinnn" #1086374
    Probably just as accurate as the actual title.
    Your silly. Two funnies in one thread. Maybe I should have made some sort of caveat like the originator of the "Noodle Tribute" thread made........

    Don't pick on the [strike]Noodle[/strike] Destroyers in this thread.......kindof thing.......


    JK, who cares what you say. I'll be eating food and swilling beers at the tailgate and then enjoying some "almost pro" ball and I don't have to spend $2,000.00 a game to do it.

    Heck, maybe the Vikes can move out to "Bowers Hill".
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #25
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,473

    Re: UFL expansion team launching in Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086914
    Quote Originally Posted by "Erinnn" #1086374
    Probably just as accurate as the actual title.
    Your silly. Two funnies in one thread. Maybe I should have made some sort of caveat like the originator of the "Noodle Tribute" thread made........

    Don't pick on the [strike]Noodle[/strike] Destroyers in this thread.......kindof thing.......


    JK, who cares what you say. I'll be eating food and swilling beers at the tailgate and then enjoying some "almost pro" ball and I don't have to spend $2,000.00 a game to do it.

    Heck, maybe the Vikes can move out to "Bowers Hill".

    Do they actually tailgate at UFL games?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

  6. #26
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: UFL expansion team launching in Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1086915
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086914
    Quote Originally Posted by "Erinnn" #1086374
    Probably just as accurate as the actual title.
    Your silly. Two funnies in one thread. Maybe I should have made some sort of caveat like the originator of the "Noodle Tribute" thread made........

    Don't pick on the [strike]Noodle[/strike] Destroyers in this thread.......kindof thing.......


    JK, who cares what you say. I'll be eating food and swilling beers at the tailgate and then enjoying some "almost pro" ball and I don't have to spend $2,000.00 a game to do it.

    Heck, maybe the Vikes can move out to "Bowers Hill".

    Do they actually tailgate at UFL games?
    From what I can gather, yes. Took alot of wheeling and dealing to get it approved in VA Beach were the Sportsplex is located.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #27
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,473

    Re: UFL expansion team launching in Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086917
    Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1086915
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086914
    Quote Originally Posted by "Erinnn" #1086374
    Probably just as accurate as the actual title.
    Your silly. Two funnies in one thread. Maybe I should have made some sort of caveat like the originator of the "Noodle Tribute" thread made........

    Don't pick on the [strike]Noodle[/strike] Destroyers in this thread.......kindof thing.......


    JK, who cares what you say. I'll be eating food and swilling beers at the tailgate and then enjoying some "almost pro" ball and I don't have to spend $2,000.00 a game to do it.

    Heck, maybe the Vikes can move out to "Bowers Hill".

    Do they actually tailgate at UFL games?
    From what I can gather, yes. Took alot of wheeling and dealing to get it approved in VA Beach were the Sportsplex is located.
    Well then, Party on Garth!
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

  8. #28
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: UFL expansion team launching in Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1086919
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086917
    Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1086915
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086914
    Quote Originally Posted by "Erinnn" #1086374
    Probably just as accurate as the actual title.
    Your silly. Two funnies in one thread. Maybe I should have made some sort of caveat like the originator of the "Noodle Tribute" thread made........

    Don't pick on the [strike]Noodle[/strike] Destroyers in this thread.......kindof thing.......


    JK, who cares what you say. I'll be eating food and swilling beers at the tailgate and then enjoying some "almost pro" ball and I don't have to spend $2,000.00 a game to do it.

    Heck, maybe the Vikes can move out to "Bowers Hill".

    Do they actually tailgate at UFL games?
    From what I can gather, yes. Took alot of wheeling and dealing to get it approved in VA Beach were the Sportsplex is located.
    Well then, Party on Garth!
    Already got a little cooler (plugs into the cig lighter) to keep one of those mini-kegs cold.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #29
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: UFL expansion team launching in Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1086373
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086222
    General update. I know very few care, but I do....:P

    The team is going to be called the Destroyers. Not a bad name I guess. Play will begin in 2011.



    Virginia Destroyers


    We have a President and Head Coach all rolled into one. Caine would love that idea. Goes by the name of Joe Moglia.

    Good thing is he has some coaching experience and just isn't a CEO kindof guy.

    Joe Moglia Bio

    Heck, didn't know it, but there is an actual football forumn out there for the UFL and its teams. Gonna join today as it will give me another place to spew forth my drivel.

    UFL (United Football League) Access Forums

    Still don't know much about tickets, however, Wildwoman and I are on the waiting list for seasons tickets when/if they ever make them available.

    Stadium we will play it is Virginia Beach Sportsplex. From what I can gather, it holds/seats about 7,000 fans. Wouldn't have been my first choice cause it is a bit of a drive from were we live on the other side of the water, but I will have my designated driver with me.



    Tailgaiting has been approved.
    Sportsplex


    Anyway, not real football, but football nonetheless. A couple of years of that and we will move up to the big time. :laugh:
    Hopefully in a year or two you can have the Chiller as their HC and TJ as their QB with Sully hiking the ball.
    With Tahi blocking and Madieu Williams shutting other teams out.

  10. #30
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: UFL expansion team launching in Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1087084
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1086373
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086222
    General update. I know very few care, but I do....:P

    The team is going to be called the Destroyers. Not a bad name I guess. Play will begin in 2011.



    Virginia Destroyers


    We have a President and Head Coach all rolled into one. Caine would love that idea. Goes by the name of Joe Moglia.

    Good thing is he has some coaching experience and just isn't a CEO kindof guy.

    Joe Moglia Bio

    Heck, didn't know it, but there is an actual football forumn out there for the UFL and its teams. Gonna join today as it will give me another place to spew forth my drivel.

    UFL (United Football League) Access Forums

    Still don't know much about tickets, however, Wildwoman and I are on the waiting list for seasons tickets when/if they ever make them available.

    Stadium we will play it is Virginia Beach Sportsplex. From what I can gather, it holds/seats about 7,000 fans. Wouldn't have been my first choice cause it is a bit of a drive from were we live on the other side of the water, but I will have my designated driver with me.



    Tailgaiting has been approved.
    Sportsplex


    Anyway, not real football, but football nonetheless. A couple of years of that and we will move up to the big time. :laugh:
    Hopefully in a year or two you can have the Chiller as their HC and TJ as their QB with Sully hiking the ball.
    With Tahi blocking and Madieu Williams shutting other teams out.
    LOL, Tahi I will give you, however, haven't been a fan of M-will back to the Bengals days.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Make Your Expansion Team
    By oaklandzoo24 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-12-2010, 12:24 PM
  2. Pumpkin Launching
    By ThorSPL in forum Two Beer Minimum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-16-2007, 06:09 AM
  3. Beer Launching Fridge
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-27-2007, 05:45 AM
  4. Expansion for LA?
    By pepper 0n moss in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-06-2004, 04:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •