Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re:UFL expansion team launching in Virginia

I'm willing to bet thats a negative. Not much demand for UFL jerseys outside the cities that the teams are in. There's only limited NCAA, and no CFL.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: UFL expansion team launching in Virginia

General update. I know very few care, but I do....:P

The team is going to be called the Destroyers. Not a bad name I guess. Play will begin in 2011.

Virginia Destroyers

We have a President and Head Coach all rolled into one. Caine would love that idea. Goes by the name of Joe Moglia.

Good thing is he has some coaching experience and just isn't a CEO kindof guy.

Joe Moglia Bio

Heck, didn't know it, but there is an actual football forumn out there for the UFL and its teams. Gonna join today as it will give me another place to spew forth my drivel.

UFL (United Football League) Access Forums

Still don't know much about tickets, however, Wildwoman and I are on the waiting list for seasons tickets when/if they ever make them available.

Stadium we will play it is Virginia Beach Sportsplex. From what I can gather, it holds/seats about 7,000 fans. Wouldn't have been my first choice cause it is a bit of a drive from were we live on the other side of the water, but I will have my designated driver with me.

Tailgaiting has been approved.
    Sportsplex

Anyway, not real football, but football nonetheless. A couple of years of that and we will move up to the big time. :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Maybe you will find the next Kurt Warner hiding down there
    We're bringing purple back.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1086278
    LOL. You know me. Can't get enough of the game. Regardless of what level, I'm gonna watch it if I can, especially if I can see it live.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Erinnn is offline Starter

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086340
    LOL. You know me. Can't get enough of the game. Regardless of what level, I'm gonna watch it if I can, especially if I can see it live.
    I thought you'd be trying out for mascot.

I'm glad to hear that the UFL is expanding, especially for fans who live in an area that don't have NFL teams or it's not easily accessible.

On top of the Bears we have 2 arena teams here, and I have season tickets for 1 of them. Again, it may not be "real" football, but I'll take any chance I get to watch football, especially during the off season.

The United Football League is football where you are. In your hometown, maybe even in your neighborhood. The players are recognizable and they are approachable. The coaches are proven commodities. The football is high quality.
    Since there is literally no space separating the fans from the benches on an arena team, the players high five us, talk shit towards the other team w/ us, and go out drinking at the bar with fans after the game. After every game the players are on the field signing autographs for anyone who wants them, even after a loss. It's really a whole new fan experience from the sterilized NFL environment (although I understand why it has to be at that level). I hope your team gives you the same accessibility and chance to interact and talk football.

I'm excited for you, have fun!

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Erinnn" #1086345
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086340
    I thought you'd be trying out for mascot.

I'm glad to hear that the UFL is expanding, especially for fans who live in an area that don't have NFL teams or it's not easily accessible.

On top of the Bears we have 2 arena teams here, and I have season tickets for 1 of them. Again, it may not be "real" football, but I'll take any chance I get to watch football, especially during the off season.

The United Football League is football where you are. In your hometown, maybe even in your neighborhood. The players are recognizable and they are approachable. The coaches are proven commodities. The football is high quality.
    Since there is literally no space separating the fans from the benches on an arena team, the players high five us, talk shit towards the other team w/ us, and go out drinking at the bar with fans after the game. After every game the players are on the field signing autographs for anyone who wants them, even after a loss. It's really a whole new fan experience from the sterilized NFL environment (although I understand why it has to be at that level). I hope your team gives you the same accessibility and chance to interact and talk football.

I'm excited for you, have fun!
    Don't forget about the Chicago Bliss. They are our representative in the lingerie football league.

http://www.lflus.com/chicagobliss/
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

I know I have posted in this topic already, but this time when I read the title, I thought it said "UFL expansion team launching in Vagina"
    We're bringing purple back.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086222
    General update. I know very few care, but I do....:P

The team is going to be called the Destroyers. Not a bad name I guess. Play will begin in 2011.

Virginia Destroyers

We have a President and Head Coach all rolled into one. Caine would love that idea. Goes by the name of Joe Moglia.

Good thing is he has some coaching experience and just isn't a CEO kindof guy.

Joe Moglia Bio

Heck, didn't know it, but there is an actual football forumn out there for the UFL and its teams. Gonna join today as it will give me another place to spew forth my drivel.

UFL (United Football League) Access Forums

Still don't know much about tickets, however, Wildwoman and I are on the waiting list for seasons tickets when/if they ever make them available.

Stadium we will play it is Virginia Beach Sportsplex. From what I can gather, it holds/seats about 7,000 fans. Wouldn't have been my first choice cause it is a bit of a drive from were we live on the other side of the water, but I will have my designated driver with me.

Tailgaiting has been approved.
    Sportsplex

Anyway, not real football, but football nonetheless. A couple of years of that and we will move up to the big time. :laugh:
    Hopefully in a year or two you can have the Chiller as their HC and TJ as their QB with Sully hiking the ball.

Erinnn is offline Starter

Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1086365
    I know I have posted in this topic already, but this time when I read the title, I thought it said "UFL expansion team launching in Vagina"
    Probably just as accurate as the actual title.

It seems like the expansion in va. has been in the works for a while. I have no real reason to think that, other then i saw a guy at the grocery store with a 'destroyers' sweatshirt on, and it didn't look like he got it for christmas or anything.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast