Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

UFL expansion team launching in Virginia

First, the United Football League expanded to Omaha.

Now, here comes Norfolk, Va.

The UFL announced that the second expansion franchise will officially launch play in 2011.

The Tidewater football team will be run by former Tampa Bay Buccaneers executive and Washington Redskins quarterback Doug Williams as general manager.

And the owner is Jim Speros, who was the founding owner of the former CFL champion Baltimore Stallions.

Norfolk is the league's sixth franchise.
    UFL expansion team launching in Virginia, Doug Williams hired as GM
    Might not be real football, but its close.

Can't wait to get my season tickets in support of the team as well as to show that there are enough fans in the area to suck up a NFL team if they decide they can't get a stadium deal done or don't have fan support for them.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re:UFL expansion team launching in Virginia

The UFL board has agreed to conditional approval for Norfolk, Va., to host the league’s sixth team. The Virginia franchise would join Omaha, the Florida Tuskers, Hartford Colonials, Las Vegas Locos and Sacramento Mountain Lions. The league, the Associated Press reported, hopes to expand to up to 14 teams but didn’t give a time frame for the expansion plans.
    Football: UFL planning Virginia franchise
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

“Like Omaha, which came on board as an expansion team in April and has already generated considerable excitement, Norfolk fits the ideal UFL model of having a passionate fan base that we believe deserves a professional football team.”
    United Football League Board Grants Conditional Approval for Norfolk, Virginia, To Host Sixth Team
    That skyline will look great with a new stadium sticking up in it!!!!!!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:

The UFL announced that the second expansion franchise will officially launch play in 2011.

The Tidewater football team will be run by former Tampa Bay Buccaneers executive and Washington Redskins quarterback Doug Williams as general manager.

And the owner is Jim Speros, who was the founding owner of the former CFL champion Baltimore Stallions.

Can't wait to get my season tickets in support of the team as well as to show that there are enough fans in the area to suck up a NFL team if they decide they can't get a stadium deal done or don't have fan support for them.
    and the bad news for you will be the following statement:
    " In the 2011 UFL expansion draft with the first pick the Norfolk Num Nuts select Daunte Culpepper...... "
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

AngloVike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

and the bad news for you will be the following statement:
    " In the 2011 UFL expansion draft with the first pick the Norfolk Num Nuts select Daunte Culpepper...... "
    Ha......your funny. :lol:

UFL Home Page

Looks like our boy Ryan Perrilloux is trying to get on one of the teams.

Ryan Perrilloux Seeks to Represent Hartford

The United Football League is football where you are. In your hometown, maybe even in your neighborhood. The players are recognizable and they are approachable. The coaches are proven commodities. The football is high quality.

And the tickets are affordable. For as little as $60, you can catch a full season of UFL action. For as little as $60, you and your family can make lasting memories. Finally, professional sports are affordable for families. Finally, you can introduce your kids to the sport of professional football LIVE!

Season tickets are currently on sale in Las Vegas while all the other UFL cities will be on sale soon. Click on your favorite team below to either buy tickets or sign up for priority information when they go on sale. In addition, be on the lookout for announcements on single game and group
    Tickets

Looks like it might be down to 3 venues...

1. Tide Park. Its were our baseball team plays. Unfortunately it is built on a area of downtown that is a reclaimed marsh area so it is a concern if they could add any additional seats. Since the teams only draw around 9 - 10 thousand, not sure why they would need to add seats as its capacity is 12,067. Probably something to do with getting closer to the game.

Its a great park to watch baseball in, but I'm not sure how it will be for football.

2. William “Dick” Price Stadium. Home of the Norfolk State University Spartans. It holds about 35,000 and is a nice stadium, problem is the location.

Kindof in a shady part of town. Has alot of issues with car breakins during games. Local police would have to beef up patrols.

3. Old Dominion University, Formen Field. Just renovated and has some skyboxes. Great place to watch a game, but it has limited parking (light rail goes by it) and there seems to be a bit of hesitancy from the Monarchs with respect to allowing the team to play there. Seems they are concerned they will loose some of thier season ticket holders to the "Pro" team.

Depends on what article you read, they don't have tickets on sale yet, however, they are going to setup a "Reserve Waiting" list for people who want to put thier money in the coffers. Season tickets will start as low as $80.00 and will run all the way up to $800.00.

Rest assured, I'm staying on top of this and will get my cash in as soon as I figure out who to pay.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

are they going to sign a #4 for ya marty?

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    are they going to sign a #4 for ya marty?
    LOL, if they do, I'm buying his jersey....... :cheer:

On a side note, I need to get in touch with my guy from Canada. You know, the one I get mine from. See if he is gonna have any of these available........

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast