singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Two RBs or one? Tandem backfield attack growing

[size=13pt]Two RBs or one? Tandem backfield attack growing[/size]

By Chris Colston, USA TODAY

JACKSONVILLE — What's your pleasure: one back or two?.......

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Two RBs or one? Tandem backfield attack growing

With the speed of todays game and the beating that backs take, I like the two RB set.

That is if you have two backs that are worthy of putting back there, and I believe we have two backs who are just that.....AD and CT compliment each other, and give us one of the better RB tandems in the league I believe.....

Freash legs and hard runners, equal yards........Now we just need to add some TD's to that picture.. ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Good article.
    Huggies summed it up:

Of course, that can take its toll on the back. After Johnson lugged the ball a team-record 39 times against Seattle last October, he said he felt fine. "I don't get hit," he said. "I give hits. … My body was conditioned to take hits and take blows. So when people ask, 'Are you sore?' I'm not really sore."

But Johnson's story had changed three months later. He came clean during Super Bowl week, telling USA TODAY, "Trust me, I've had times where I try to fool myself after back-to-back 30-carry games. I pull myself out of bed and want to prove to the team that I'm tough. I have to decide: Do I sit out — or pretend like I'm not hurt?"
    It's a lot of punishment to carry the ball 25+ times a game.
    Many ex-RBs of the game talk about their knees going out and the pain they carry with them througout their lives after they retire.
    It appears to me that if you are going to have a feature back you can carve a couple of years off their career due to wearing them out.
    There are too many examples.
    Priest Holmes was tearing up the field for a few years and has fallen to the wayside due to being overused.
    Marshall Faulk was the undisputed #1 pick in all FF circles for a couple of years and some said there will never be another RB like him that is so consistently productive with 1000 yds on the ground and 1000 in the air.
    I can see the argument about getting in the groove, but with the bigger and faster players in today's game I wouldn't even consider having a team with less than three viable RBs....the Vikings are in a good position for that approach.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

We have two very capable backs.
    I would sooner keep them fresh as the season continues.
    Why wear one out.
    Like we did Chet last season.
    I like Memo too.
    What did he have 6 carries for 50 yards the last game.
    Bring back the Wishbone.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Definately need two backs and a host of FB's.
    Telling tale no one seems to jump on with regards to our loss last week was the blocking (blitz pickup) that was missed because we didn't have T-rich suited up again last week.

Kindof like what happenend last year when he went down as well.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Definately need two backs and a host of FB's.
    Telling tale no one seems to jump on with regards to our loss last week was the blocking (blitz pickup) that was missed because we didn't have T-rich suited up again last week.

Kindof like what happenend last year when he went down as well.

Nice you bring up Richardson Marr......He is for sure a big part of our offense, and is missed greatly when he doesn't play......But his body is breaking down I believe, he gets nicked up to easily these days...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

"NordicNed" wrote:
    With the speed of todays game and the beating that backs take, I like the two RB set.

That is if you have two backs that are worthy of putting back there, and I believe we have two backs who are just that.....AD and CT compliment each other, and give us one of the better RB tandems in the league I believe.....

Freash legs and hard runners, equal yards........Now we just need to add some TD's to that picture.. ;D

Add in Mewelde, and we have the horses to pound anybody. We just have to get in the Endzone.