Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Tuesday Morning Quarterback - Favre's misery and magic

    [size=13pt]Tuesday Morning Quarterback[/size]

    By MARK CRAIG, Star Tribune

    Last update: October 28, 2008 - 1:53 AM



    Favre's misery and magic
    I don't know about you, but if Brett Favre's 18-year NFL career had to be boiled down to one game, it would look a lot like the Jets' 28-24 victory over the Chiefs on Sunday.....

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Tuesday Morning Quarterback - Favre's misery and magic

    Favre is still god. He start streak is fucking ridiculous.



  3. #3
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Tuesday Morning Quarterback - Favre's misery and magic

    "marstc09" wrote:
    Favre is still god. He start streak is fricken ridiculous.
    Start streak??
    LOL.
    Farve is a shell of his former self.
    Last year was a fluke and this year he has reverted back to the "Chuck it deep, someone will catch it" mentality.

    Boy am I glad Spielman dodged that bullet.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #4
    Storm's Avatar
    Storm is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    492

    Re: Tuesday Morning Quarterback - Favre's misery and magic

    Yeah, I'm glad too that we have a 100 year-old journeyman QB who misses open receivers by a mile. Screw Favre, lets get Brad Johnson back for the next season.

  5. #5
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Tuesday Morning Quarterback - Favre's misery and magic

    "Storm" wrote:
    Yeah, I'm glad too that we have a 100 year-old journeyman QB who misses open receivers by a mile. Screw Favre, lets get Brad Johnson back for the next season.
    I am not so sure that Gus won't be a good backup for next year.


    If not we might see Kitna on the streets.

    Looks like the Lions FO are starting to gear up to take a QB high in next years draft and Kitna isn't in thier long term plans during that transition what with Pepp getting a look up there.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Tuesday Morning Quarterback - Favre's misery and magic

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Storm" wrote:
    Yeah, I'm glad too that we have a 100 year-old journeyman QB who misses open receivers by a mile. Screw Favre, lets get Brad Johnson back for the next season.
    I am not so sure that Gus won't be a good backup for next year.


    If not we might see Kitna on the streets.

    Looks like the Lions FO are starting to gear up to take a QB high in next years draft and Kitna isn't in thier long term plans during that transition what with Pepp getting a look up there.
    I think they will also. Right after they select a WR.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #7
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Tuesday Morning Quarterback - Favre's misery and magic

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Storm" wrote:
    Yeah, I'm glad too that we have a 100 year-old journeyman QB who misses open receivers by a mile. Screw Favre, lets get Brad Johnson back for the next season.
    I am not so sure that Gus won't be a good backup for next year.


    If not we might see Kitna on the streets.

    Looks like the Lions FO are starting to gear up to take a QB high in next years draft and Kitna isn't in thier long term plans during that transition what with Pepp getting a look up there.
    I think they will also. Right after they select a WR.
    LOL, those days are long gone I think.

    Seriously though.
    That FO is in full fledged rebuilding mode.
    As with the Dolphins, I will take a special interest in everything they do to get that teamon track.

    Sad thing is, a good HC will probably lose his job in the backwash.

    Their new GM will be looking to put his stamp on this team and will select a franchise QB and then start addressing the lines.
    Of course thier yutz fans will be saying shit like the HC has hitched his wagon to the QB and stupid shit like that, however, we here on PPO are smart enough to know that is just dumb.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #8
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,579

    Re: Tuesday Morning Quarterback - Favre's misery and magic

    Favre > Gus
    We're bringing purple back.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-06-2007, 10:43 AM
  2. Camp Notes: Tuesday morning
    By cogitans in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-09-2006, 12:22 PM
  3. Zygi Wilf plays Monday morning quarterback!!!
    By Vikes in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-15-2005, 02:06 AM
  4. NFC Misery?
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-13-2004, 08:31 PM
  5. Monday Morning Quarterback
    By PhillyGirl in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-12-2004, 09:57 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •