Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Troy Williamson:A steal in Free Agency

[size=13pt]Fan Pulse: Jaguars forum says Minneapolis press “too negative” for Williamson[/size]

It's early in training camp, but some on the the Jacksonville Jaguars' official team message board are proclaiming wide receiver Troy Williamson the steal of this year's free agent class.

And then further down

Apparently his couple of big drops were a constant topic on the Vikes message boards. And evidently, it is widely known in Minnesota that Troy Williamson actively reads the message boards.

He did ??? well if that ws the case then we should of had catching the football 101 posted on here somewhere

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Troy Williamson:A steal in Free Agency

I saw this mentioned at Captain J's Corner and I laughed so hard I think I peed my self a little.
    My favorite quote:
    "If Williamson turns out to be as good a receiver for us as he looks in our camp, the fans in Minnesota will be storming their front office carrying tar and feathers."
    BWA HA HA HA HA
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Garland" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Fan Pulse: Jaguars forum says Minneapolis press “too negative” for Williamson[/size]

It's early in training camp, but some on the the Jacksonville Jaguars' official team message board are proclaiming wide receiver Troy Williamson the steal of this year's free agent class.

And then further down

Apparently his couple of big drops were a constant topic on the Vikes message boards. And evidently, it is widely known in Minnesota that Troy Williamson actively reads the message boards.

He did ??? well if that ws the case then we should of had catching the football 101 posted on here somewhere
    First of all he wasn't a free agent.
    He was traded for a 6th round pick.
    2nd - he dropped balls left and right in MN.
    No matter how well he does in JAX doesn't mean he was the right fit for MN.
    He did well in TCs here too.
    Don't worry.
    Once the realism of having a 220 lb DB or a 250 LB getting ready to knock his head off he will start dropping passes again.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Here is another great quote from the Jax boards:

After picking the brain of a Vikes fan Buddy of mine, Here's the scoop on TW.

He always had amazing training camps, Pre-seasons and practices. It wasn't really until 4th or so game into last season that his lack of presense started to be a factor with the fans. Vikes fan pointed out that TW made some pretty amazing catches but when he dropped passes boy did they ride him hard.

Not good for your confidence when that ball is in the air.

Vikes fan says that Troy was mostly embraced and loved in spite of his shortcomings and that most fans didn't want him to leave the team but the local media and a portion of the fans were just way to negative. Its obvious that the pressure of being a first rounder was too much for him to bear, especially after the personal attacks began.
    I think that the "Vikes fan buddy" of his is a little mistaken...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

I honestly hope he does well(he can't actually do any worse). I think he has some talent to ne a decent not great WR in this league but I think he just needs to get his head on straight

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    I saw this mentioned at Captain J's Corner and I laughed so hard I think I peed my self a little.
    My favorite quote:
    "If Williamson turns out to be as good a receiver for us as he looks in our camp, the fans in Minnesota will be storming their front office carrying tar and feathers."
    BWA HA HA HA HA
    I think I would be storming the front office if they decided to KEEP him.
    It became apparent that Williamson was unreliable, and the last thing you need is an unreliable receiver, especially in the playoffs or something.

Even if he does catch better in Jacksonville, he wasn't here, and it was nobody's fault but Troy's.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

"NodakPaul" wrote:

He always had amazing training camps, Pre-seasons and practices. It wasn't really until 4th or so game into last season that his lack of presense started to be a factor with the fans. Vikes fan pointed out that TW made some pretty amazing catches but when he dropped passes boy did they ride him hard.

Vikes fan says that Troy was mostly embraced and loved in spite of his shortcomings and that most fans didn't want him to leave the team but the local media and a portion of the fans were just way to negative. Its obvious that the pressure of being a first rounder was too much for him to bear, especially after the personal attacks began.
    Even Chris Carter and Randy Moss dropped balls every now and agaon, It happens. But TWill had a habbit of dropping stuff all of the time. Even catches that he did make he seemed to struggle just t do that.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I think he might do better in JAX, once the burdon of being a 1st round pick and moss's replacement is gone, now he's "traded for a 6th round pick with nowhere to go but up"
    Pressure's off, hopefully he's more comfortable and will play better. (just not against us)

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:

We gave TW so many chances.
    The fans riding a player......... if that affects a player, they shouldn't be playing in pro sports, maybe pro badmitten or pro bridge tour, but not pro football.
    I also think there are plenty of fans here that wish him well and hope he recovers from what was ailing him here in MN.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

"Garland" wrote:

And then further down

???, perhaps he should have been playing Madden rather than reading message boards, would have been better for his hand/eye coordination.
    If this is true, just another sign of his complete immaturity
    :.
    An aweful draft choice is getting worse, serenity now
    :P

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast