Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Troubles in New York

as im sure many of you know, Jeremy Shockey was side-lined earlier with a mild-concusion - heres the latest news on that

[size=18px]Giants safeties not apologizing to Jeremy Shockey[/size]

"We were both going for a play," Demps said. "It is what it is. It's a mild concussion. It's football."

Shockey was not available for comment on Tuesday.

Wilson said Demps did not intend to hurt Shockey, who earned another Pro Bowl berth with 65 catches last season.

"Will made a great play and Shockey didn't appreciate it," Wilson said. "He did not like it at all. But it is what it is."

Full Article

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Re: Troubles in New York

No duh he didn't intend to hurt him. What's Shockey's deal? Like Demps said, its football, its a FREAKING CONTACT SPORT, of course guys are gonna get hurt. I would know, I've fractured my right tibia and my right ankle in the last 2 years because of football. Its not even that serious from what I here.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Shockey is somewhat of a baby when he doesn't get his own way.. I remember seing him throw a fit when things didn't go in his favor.. It is what it is, if he doesn't like that, then screw him..

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Its football and these things happen ! and if Demps had pulled out ? then he'd be in trouble with the coaches for not showing full commitment.

Just deal with it Shockey and move on... just bear in mind that there will be DBs looking to lay plenty of hits like that on you during the season
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

VikesfaninWis has hit it on the head, Shockey throws a tamptrum when things don't go his way, and this another example of that.

He's a great TE, but an ass.

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Giants | Safeties will not apologize to Shockey
    Tue, 1 Aug 2006 21:49:42 -0700

The Associated Press reports New York Giants FS Will Demps and SS Gibril Wilson will not apologize to TE Jeremy Shockey (concussion) after giving him a mild concussion during practice Monday, July 31. Demps downplayed the collision, saying both he and SHockey were going for the ball when Demps elbow hit Shockey's facemask and knocked him hard to the ground. Demps said he tried to ask Shockey how he was immediately after the play was over, but Shockey seemed to ignore him. When the evening practice ended two plays later, Shockey threw his helmet in disgust. Demps feels there is no need to apologize and said, "We were both going for a play. It is what it is. It's a mild concussion. It's football." Wilson said Shockey might be a little miffed because the defensive backs did a good job of keeping the ball away from him during both practices Monday. Wilson added, "Will made a great play and Shockey didn't appreciate it. He did not like it at all. But it is what it is."