Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Trouble in hogland..

"Akhhorus" wrote:
    I'm a skins fan, and this doesnt come from Coles and his role in the offense: Coles broke his right toe at the end of 03 and never got it fixed. It has slowed him down significantly and cut down on his quickness. The Redskins are demanding that he have the surgery to fix it. Coles is balking(there is a tiny chance it could end his career-but James Andrews thinks he'll be back for the pre-season). So the Redskins made an ultimatum: get the surgery or they will PUP list him. He countered by offering to give up his entire bonus in a restructure so the skins will cut him. Now they are looking to trade him. And if its to a team he wants to go to, he'll give up some of his bonus to make it happen.
    I think it would be smarter to trade him. They may take a cap hit by doing that, but they can at least take offers for him and see if the players/draft picks they would get would be worth that cap hit. There are plenty of teams out there that would be interested in a guy like Coles, even with his injury. Your division rival Giants really want a receiver, and so do the Phins, Ravens, and Cards to name a few.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Akhhorus is offline Waterboy

Trouble in hogland..

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    "Akhhorus" wrote:
    I'm a skins fan, and this doesnt come from Coles and his role in the offense: Coles broke his right toe at the end of 03 and never got it fixed. It has slowed him down significantly and cut down on his quickness. The Redskins are demanding that he have the surgery to fix it. Coles is balking(there is a tiny chance it could end his career-but James Andrews thinks he'll be back for the pre-season). So the Redskins made an ultimatum: get the surgery or they will PUP list him. He countered by offering to give up his entire bonus in a restructure so the skins will cut him. Now they are looking to trade him. And if its to a team he wants to go to, he'll give up some of his bonus to make it happen.
    I think it would be smarter to trade him. They may take a cap hit by doing that, but they can at least take offers for him and see if the players/draft picks they would get would be worth that cap hit. There are plenty of teams out there that would be interested in a guy like Coles, even with his injury. Your division rival Giants really want a receiver, and so do the Phins, Ravens, and Cards to name a few.
    They will end up dealing him. They wont get full value for him, but when do you in the NFL? If they deal him by April 1st, they dont have to pay 5 million of his bonus. There would be a ton of teams who would trade for him. He's a good WR, and he wouldnt cost as much as Randy in a trade. What helps the Skins is that if he hits the open market, there will be a bidding war: and some teams want to avoid that.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Trouble in hogland..

i wouldnt do it.. T-ho got traded for what was it a second round?

Trouble in hogland..

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    i wouldnt do it.. T-ho got traded for what was it a second round?
    That was an odd situation. T-O was about to become a UFA, and the 49ers had to move him immediately.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Trouble in hogland..

"DemonicViking" wrote:
    He's a good target, more of a possession guy than a home run threat though IMO.
    Perfect complement to Moss! As long as we don't have to overpay!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Trouble in hogland..

Coles isnt a "possession" guy, he's a deep play WR. He was just hamstrung this year by his toe.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Trouble in hogland..

Yeah Coles was definately a deep threat when he was with the Jets and I think if he went to another team with a better QB that's what he would be.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12