Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    litlharsh is offline Coordinator

Re: Travis Henry on Smoking Pot: 'A Lot of People Do It'

Why the hell is this news? He said nothing blatantly stupid, he took responsibility, and he pointed out a slightly obvious truth. He never tried to lessen the blow by saying everyone doing it, he just pointed it out, contrary to what some of PPO's more trigger happy posters seem to believe.

"jonnyb" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    The league office should be much more concerned about players driving drunk and hitting their girlfriends than with players smoking pot in the privacy of their own homes.
    Umm....Can't you get paranoid smoking weed, start seeing pooh and kill someone with your car?
    No.
    I don't know.
    I don't smoke, and haven't, and that was generally my assumption too - that it wasn't going to completely mess you up.
    But then a friend of mine in college went crazy one time when he was smoking up and started running around screaming thinking something was chasing him.
    People suggested that it was bad weed, or that it was laced, but other guys were with him smoking the same stuff.
    Never saw anything like that before or since.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

I was a teen in the 80's, and I can honestly say 2 things.
    I have never done an illegal drug, and have never smoked a tobacco product.

Now, with the arguement "Lots of people do it".
    We all used to poo in our diapers, but we have all grown up and moved past that stage of our life.
    Lots of people doing it does not make it right or legal or acceptable.

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Some People have done it,and some haven't it seems to me. Travis Henry is right people do it. to me this is just like someone saying the sky is blue, Not much else I can add to this equation.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"litlharsh" wrote:
    Why the hell is this news? He said nothing blatantly stupid, he took responsibility, and he pointed out a slightly obvious truth. He never tried to lessen the blow by saying everyone doing it, he just pointed it out, contrary to what some of PPO's more trigger happy posters seem to believe.
    i've gotta agree with you here.
    he's not trying to defend himself, he's just admitting he fucked up.
    what he's basically saying is "lots of people do it, i tried it, i got caught, shit happens, its nobody's fault but mine."

now of course he shouldn't have done it in the first place, but i won't go there.

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

I don't think it should be illegal, and I also believe that what you do in your free time should be your own business. Drunk athletes do a lot worse things.
    HOWEVER, if you are being paid boatloads of money and there is a rule that you can't smoke, you shouldn't smoke.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"litlharsh" wrote:
    While he's admitting his own guilt & taking responsibility for it, he's also trying to condone, minimize & rationalize his own actions by playing the "A lot of people do it" card.

A trait used by both addicts & alcoholics.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jsa803 is offline Rookie

"singersp" wrote:
    "litlharsh" wrote:
    While he's admitting his own guilt & taking responsibility for it, he's also trying to condone, minimize & rationalize his own actions by playing the "A lot of people do it" card.

A trait used by both addicts & alcoholics.
    I see what you are saying singer but let me add my two cents.
    Smoking pot is not like cigarettes.
    It does not have all of those toxins that can kill you.
    NO ONE HAS EVER DIED FROM SMOKING POT.
    And also it is better for you then alcohol.
    Alccohol kills brains cells while pot disrupts the brain chemistry something that is fixed by your body within a couple of hours.
    And if a player who is over 21 gets in trouble for getting drunk no one would care it wouldn,t bve a big deal(this is excluding DUI because that is a very dangerous thing to do)
    Alot of people are unwilling to admit this but pot is the harmless drug.
    I have been on sports teams and on my personal time still smoked weed.
    It is a relaxing thing to do with friends.
    So I am ok with players smoking pot while playing as long as they smoke me up too!
    Losers find excuses, Winners find a way!

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

ok, I poke smot..

it's something i have done for years.. since i was 14 to be exact..

now when i was 18-almost 20.. i was on probation, and tested weekly..

i didn't smoke.. dind't drink.. i went to uni parties, had fun and enjoyed..

after my probation ended.. i again went back to enjoying a puff here and there.
    after uni.. i went back into some growing. did well for myself. stopped that when i moved out here. (greece)

now i spend 2 years not smoking as i didn't know anyone really, and i didnt want to screw things up in a new environment/country. when i smelled once my neighbors apt a rather green and pleasent smell.. i rejoined the smoking world!!

now i have watched different people have different effects..
    i've seen friends burn themselves out.. i've seen peop[le phreak out ( i generally think that they caused it themselves.. and wern't mentaly prepared to loose control of their thoughts)

do i condone poking smot?
    sure.. if i have one i'll offer. do i think people need to.. no, it's a choice, i make my choice and enjoy it, my gf sometimes joines me.. sometimes no.
    when i'm doing mass programming.. i find i can get more done if i poke a little smot.. and i come up with great ideas.. i can honestly say that i probably make better code when i'm not poking smot, but that's up for debate.

as for professionals.. i'd say if your job description says. "No poking smot"
    then u shouldn't do it while your there.. if you don't like the situation and u wanna smoke.. do as rickyW.. go somewhere else..

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

This tread should be merged with the fatass thread.

Issues like this are about personal responsibility.

We all have an opinion on the matter, and many of us disagree, but our opinions on this discussion are just that. Opinions. The rules are not going to change anytime soon, so what we think doesn't make much difference here. Those who smoke pot break the law. I know that, but I choose to from time to time. It has no effect on anyone but myself.

So share your opinion on it, but don't expect it to change anyone's mind. I don't push my ways or beliefs on others, and I'd like the same respect.
    -Sno

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast