Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TO Traded????

smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: TO Traded????

I see there are more people saying that they have heard it on the radio and thats its legit, but still nothing on any webpages.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Here Cris Carter's notes on T.O. from Yahoo Sports:

1. "T.O.'s next move
    Terrell Owens went about things the wrong way in trying to get a new contract out of the Philadelphia Eagles, but he is right about his current deal: It doesn't really speak to what he means to the team. Still, I think there was a different way of going about it.

He should just tell the Eagles that he's out to win a Super Bowl, and if they do win it, then he will be rewarded. They would do the same thing they did with Donovan McNabb's contract and extend it. As a player that's what you want. And I think that's what the fans want – to have T.O. in an Eagles uniform. It doesn't make sense for him to go anywhere else."

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

The problem is TO signed a bad contract, that the players association warned him not to sign, last year. I don't see how he now has a right to a new contract after 1 year? The eagles did get to the super bowl with TO on the sidelines.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I really think he is about as selfish as it gets. He has a good gig in Philly; even though he may be underpaid. First he cried about the Ravens, now this. How many people would love to play for a team that went to the Super Bowl and has a good chance at doing it again. I would bet a lot of players would take less money to play for them.

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I really think he is about as selfish as it gets. He has a good gig in Philly; even though he may be underpaid. First he cried about the Ravens, now this. How many people would love to play for a team that went to the Super Bowl and has a good chance at doing it again. I would bet a lot of players would take less money to play for them.

Yep, and remember what he was saying all last offseason, that he wanted to play for a winner and all he cared about was winning a super bowl. Well, looks like that was all BS as I/we suspected.

If I was phily I would ship him to a crappy team and watch him b*tch about not winning or getting the ball enough.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

Look at the difference between TO and TT. One is nearly as good as you can get talent-wise, but is a pain-in-the-butt in the locker-room (sound like someone else we know?) and is demanding to get every penny he can squeeze out of the owners even though he's in a good situation, and he's not exactly playing for peanuts, either. The other is a guy who took a paycut to play on a good team that has a chance to compete for a Super Bowl.

Which would you rather have?

Thanks PPE for the sig.

"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    Look at the difference between TO and TT. One is nearly as good as you can get talent-wise, but is a pain-in-the-butt in the locker-room (sound like someone else we know?) and is demanding to get every penny he can squeeze out of the owners even though he's in a good situation, and he's not exactly playing for peanuts, either. The other is a guy who took a paycut to play on a good team that has a chance to compete for a Super Bowl.

Which would you rather have?

Yeah, I think TT was a big addition to our offense and will suprise a lot of people. I think he will have better #'s than williamson will have for us this year.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

ive looked just about everywhere possible for confirmation on this..and cant find it..im really hoping its true though..he deserves something like this for what he did about the whole ravens trade
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Why does everyone want this trade to happen, are we know fans of Philly?? I want him to be stuck right where he is messing with the team like a tumor waiting to burst.

Plus, didn't someone say that Philly would recieve a first round pick?? No way do we want that! Like someone else said, they made it to the SB without him. I want him right next to McNabb, getting in his head. Then, towards the end of the season or playoffs, all hell brakes loose...we go to the SB, the end.

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

That's bs if they get Chambers and a 1st for T.O. when we got Harris and a 1st for the best wide out in the game

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast