Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ballhog27 is offline Rookie

Re: Trade talks heating up!!!

interesting, but I can see Jerry Porter going to the Patriots over Randy Moss. Also that would suck for Vikings fans because we would see Moss in the next few weeks.
    "Show me a good and gracious loser and I'll show you a failure."
    - Knute Rockne

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

By Tom Curran
    NBCSports.com
    Randy Moss might not celebrate another touchdown in a Raiders' uniform.
    Oakland Raiders wide receiver Randy Moss may be traded somewhere before dinner time, but it won't be to the New England Patriots.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

aceclown is offline Coach

pft.com

NO MOSS IN NEW ENGLAND

As Tom Curran of NBCSports.com reports, and as we separately have confirmed, the Oakland Raiders won't be trading receiver Randy Moss to the New England Patriots.

Although a league source with knowledge of the situation in Oakland tells us that a last-minute trade of Moss hasn't been ruled out, an industry insider explained to us on Tuesday morning that owner Al Davis is unwilling to acknowledge that his team is bad, and is likewise unwilling to concede that point to the rest of the world by trading the previously perennial Pro Bowler.

But there definitely was increased talk in league circles about a deal getting done, and a move to New England would have made sense.
    Still, Davis is the guy with the final say, and if he's not willing to do it, it isn't going to happen.

The general impression we get is that there haven't even been serious trade discussions involving Moss or fellow disgruntled wideout Jerry Porter.
    There was interest within the Steelers' organization as to both of them last week, with a preference for Porter.
    As we're now told, however, the issue never made its way to the desk of coach Bill Cowher for a decision.

We also reported a couple of weeks back that Jaguars assistant coach Mike Tice was lobbying for the team to make a move for Moss.
    Tice was not, by all appearances, successful in persuading the key people to give it a try.

Chuch.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Hmmm, who should I believe?
    Gabriel, Tice, or Davis?
    A trifecta of idiots involved in the rumors.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Del Rio Guest

Looks like Randy Moss is destined to fade to black in Oaktown.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

My Bahston native co-worker says that ALL of the Bahston sportswriters say that it is a NO DEAL...I sure HOPE SO!!!

Heck, if Randy is on the trading block, we should take a shot at him...I wouldn't give more than next year's first rounder for him though...I would prefer to give them a player and a lower round pick instead.

We would get the INSTANT deep threat...which would open up our underneath routes...AND make our strong running game even stronger!!!

Bury the hatchet...and get Moss!!!
    That way, he can retire as a Viking...just like Sir Francis did!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    My Bahston native co-worker says that ALL of the Bahston sportswriters say that it is a NO DEAL...I sure HOPE SO!!!

Heck, if Randy is on the trading block, we should take a shot at him...I wouldn't give more than next year's first rounder for him though...I would prefer to give them a player and a lower round pick instead.

We would get the INSTANT deep threat...which would open up our underneath routes...AND make our strong running game even stronger!!!

Bury the hatchet...and get Moss!!!
    That way, he can retire as a Viking...just like Sir Francis did!!!
    Great idea!
    Let's look into some of his recent quotes.

Oct. 10, 2006
    "I've had my times the last two years that I went up there," Moss said in an interview with Fox Sports Monday, Oct.9. "Most of the times I go up there, I'm usually talking to Freddie Biletnikoff, my wide receivers coach. But going up there and voicing my opinion is like going up there and wasting time. I don't even go."
    Sept. 13, 2006
    "I think coach Art Shell just has a tight grasp on us, man. Knowing that you're a man, you're a certain age and this man is treating you like kids or a boy or whatnot. I'm not crying, I'm just going on what is brought to my attention. It might be small things like food, or full pads,"
    Sept. 9, 2006
    "It's crazy around here, man," Moss said. "It's something that we're trying to hold on to, man, and, hopefully, Coach Art (Shell) can move us in the right direction, man, so I'm just trying to stay away from all of that stuff this year, like I did last year and, hopefully, we can win some games."
    Aug. 16, 2006
    head coach Art Shell said during a teleconference Tuesday, Aug. 15, that he will not tolerate outbursts from WR Randy Moss regarding playing time in the preseason. Moss was critical of Shell for taking Moss out early in the team's preseason game Monday, Aug. 14. "I made a decision to take him out," Shell said. "There was a time for him to play, and the time for him had come and gone. It was time to get him out of there. I don't need to have a conversation about that."
    Aug. 14, 2006
    "I don't see it," Moss said, when asked if Oakland's offense is making progress. "Hell, no, I don't see it. But what we're doing as far as practice, it seems that way in practice, but when we get to the games, it doesn't seem like we're moving in the right direction."
    July 7, 2006
    "I wanted to play with Atlanta just for the fact of Michael Vick's elusiveness, and I wanted to play with a guy such as Ray Lewis because he's on defense and I'm on offense," said Moss.
    Yep, you're right.
    He sure would make a great acquisition.
    What a team player.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Oakland is desperate for a QB.
    If they trade him it will be for that IMO.
    I think it more likely that it will be Porter that goes however.
    The problem in Oakland isn't Randy its a game plan that doesn't know how to use him and a QB that can't get him the ball.
    I think that a lot of players in Oakland are thinking the same thing that Randy is about the team.
    Telling Red what he thought about his management is what got him traded from here.
    Maybe he is trying the same tactic in Oakland.

Hard to blame him when you look at the Raiders.
    How many years will it be before they are a contender again.
    He is a great player that isn't getting much of a chance to play.

WWBGD

Del Rio Guest

He was excited to be a raider. So I hope he stays a Raider for a very long time. Al Davis is not going to let moss go. Ever since he let Shanahan go and the Broncos have been busting the raiders assess every season he has learned to hold on until you can't hold on any longer.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I don't think Moss is going anywhere either.
    Del is right.
    He was very happy to be a Raider judging by the smile from ear to ear during his press conference.
    Let him stay there.
    I do feel empathy for him because his career is going down the tubes but its what he wanted.
    He made his bed, let him lie in it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast