Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MaddenVodkaAddict is offline Coordinator

Re: Tough Bear Schedule looks good for Vikes

The key to beating the bears is not turning the ball over. The only TD da bears scored was after the interception from delhomme which set them up at the 8 yard line I believe. If we can keep them deep in their territory, hopefully someone will pick off orton and take it to the house.
    I Love Kerry Collins (and John Rocker).

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"briboy75" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    My prediction is the Vikes/Bears game will decide the division winner.

Both will be at 9-7 going into the game!

how can you be 9-7 in a 16 game season going into the last game?
    You are corrct sir! My mistake

I mean both teams will be 9-6.

Bears win 2 of their next 5

Vikes win 4 of their next 5

Vikes win the division 10-6 with a win over the Bears on New Years Day

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Guruzen" wrote:
    WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!

The Panthers were the 4th best offense in the league and only put up 3 points against da Bears. This is NOT the same Bears team we're used to seeing.

Pitt and Atl are realistically the only teams that have a chance to beat them which means the best we could do is to beat them in the final week and hope we win the tiebreaker (we would both be 9-7). For this to happen we have to win out all our remaining games... that's a big ask!!!
    I agree that some people are being a little unrealistic about the Bears. That defense is sooooo good it's scary. People are going to have a very hard time with them. Truthfully though, there is some hope. They do have 4 road games left....@ Tampa, @ Green Bay, @ Minnesota and @ Pittsburgh. I do think they're unbeatable at home, for some reason Soldier Field seems like a big advantage for them. Green Bay is the team that could give them trouble at home, just because those games are ALWAYS close, no matter what the record is. Those 4 road games could be tough going for them too though, because all of those teams are pretty good, especially when they're at home. The other thing is that their offense is still being led by a rookie quarterback. If he for some reason begins to break down, or starts throwing picks, it won't matter how good the defense is because their backs will be against the wall on their own side of the field all the time.

So, I agree the Bears aren't the same team we've seen in the past. They are much, much better. However, they're not THAT good that they're unbeatable, and they do have their flaws. Realistically, we can catch them.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

"ltrey33" wrote:
    "Guruzen" wrote:
    WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!

The Panthers were the 4th best offense in the league and only put up 3 points against da Bears. This is NOT the same Bears team we're used to seeing.
    I agree that some people are being a little unrealistic about the Bears. That defense is sooooo good it's scary. People are going to have a very hard time with them. Truthfully though, there is some hope. They do have 4 road games left....@ Tampa, @ Green Bay, @ Minnesota and @ Pittsburgh. I do think they're unbeatable at home, for some reason Soldier Field seems like a big advantage for them. Green Bay is the team that could give them trouble at home, just because those games are ALWAYS close, no matter what the record is. Those 4 road games could be tough going for them too though, because all of those teams are pretty good, especially when they're at home. The other thing is that their offense is still being led by a rookie quarterback. If he for some reason begins to break down, or starts throwing picks, it won't matter how good the defense is because their backs will be against the wall on their own side of the field all the time.

So, I agree the Bears aren't the same team we've seen in the past. They are much, much better. However, they're not THAT good that they're unbeatable, and they do have their flaws. Realistically, we can catch them.
    yeah the bears are way different guys. they get pressure with 4 players and dont often blitz, making passing next to impossible and running is always hard against a team with an outstanding mlb. we are going to need alot of help to win the division, and i dont think 9 wins will be enough for the wildcard.
    We're bringing purple back.

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

Hey hey.. Why are we so pessimistic...?

We beat the Giants.. And all the announcers could do is say how hard it was to score points against the giants, especially at home.. But look we won...

Who's to say we wont have some more special team plays and a few defensive plays when we face off with them...?

Not to mention that some other teams could pull what we did to the Giants.
    i m better than you, so just give up...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12