Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Topic Of the Day - Advertising on Uniforms

i wonder if Chilly would support a 'Pink Taco' restaurants logo on the thigh pads.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    How about a Tampax Tampon box logo right above the numbers on the Green Bay Packers uniforms? Now that would be great..

That or they could put some local Farm Feed Supplier Logo on their shirts....

" Our Farm Animals are Happy and Healthy both on and off the Packers Sideline".... ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

MVIKING7 is offline Pro-Bowler

"Zeus" wrote:
    So - there's been some rumbling about how the off-season leads to mindless chatter and endless re-hashing of mock drafts and trade rumors (that's rumours, for the English).

In an effort to combat this, I'll try to post some thought-provoking topics from time-to-time, and we'll see if we can't toss around some ideas and have some interesting discussions.

So - I was thinking - should the NFL seek out sponsorship deals which include putting advertisements (or logos) on the uniforms of players.

It would probably look like the NFL Europa unis:

[img width=300 height=200]http://media.scout.com/Media/Player/486116_unckNFLE.JPG[/img]

If that is something to pursue, should it be done on a league-wide basis or should the individual teams be able to do their own deals (like they do with stadiums)?

Chew on it and let's see where we go with this.

=Z=

Two words.......HOR RIBLE!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I've always thought that things done in NFL Europe - yep Europe I'm not going for that keep the germans happy nonsense - are a way for league for try out various ideas without upsetting the home fanbase back in the US.
    Given that owners are looking for ways to increase revenues then I wouldn't rule this out in years to come. How many people would have believed a few years back how much naming rights could mean to a team and today its an accepted thing. We see the lord knows how many plugs with halftime shows sponsored by X brand, or brought to you by brand Y. Companies would love to see logos on jerseys as the TV and media exposure would be tremendous for them.
    These days anything is available for sponsorship and if anyone doubts that then they're seriously deluded. Years ago the FA ( soccer association in England ) said that the FA Cup, which is the major cup competition in the country, would never be available for sponsorship. Eventually when a company offered the right amount of money is was sponsored and has been ever since. So don't ever be surprised to see the Lombardi Trophy to have it's name changed or associated to a brand.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"MVIKING7" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    So - there's been some rumbling about how the off-season leads to mindless chatter and endless re-hashing of mock drafts and trade rumors (that's rumours, for the English).

In an effort to combat this, I'll try to post some thought-provoking topics from time-to-time, and we'll see if we can't toss around some ideas and have some interesting discussions.

So - I was thinking - should the NFL seek out sponsorship deals which include putting advertisements (or logos) on the uniforms of players.

It would probably look like the NFL Europa unis:

[img width=300 height=200]http://media.scout.com/Media/Player/486116_unckNFLE.JPG[/img]

If that is something to pursue, should it be done on a league-wide basis or should the individual teams be able to do their own deals (like they do with stadiums)?

Chew on it and let's see where we go with this.

=Z=

Two words.......HOR RIBLE!
    It makes them look like a hideous mess.
    Isn't there enough advertsing elsewhere in the stadiums?

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Geesh, wtf is that!?

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"WVV" wrote:
    It makes them look like a hideous mess.
    Isn't there enough advertsing elsewhere in the stadiums?
    I know from NASCAR that the exposure for an ad placement like on the driver's uniform or on a fender is measured by the amount of time that the logo is recognizable on the TV screen.

So - from that, we know that a log which is on the shoulder pads of all the home-team players on the field is going to be worth millions more than something which is on a banner hanging from the rafters.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Stonecoldet3 is offline Starter

The question I would have about this subject is, Does all this advertising result in increased sales?

Personally I think it would be classless, but wouldn't surprise me if it happened.
    Look at boxing now, half the fighters come to the ring with Advertisements written on parts of their body.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Stonecoldet3" wrote:
    The question I would have about this subject is, Does all this advertising result in increased sales?

Personally I think it would be classless, but wouldn't surprise me if it happened.
    Look at boxing now, half the fighters come to the ring with Advertisements written on parts of their body.
    NASCAR fans are notoriously loyal with their purchases and (as a group) will support those products which advertise on cars they favor.
    So that's a large part of why companies are willing to sponsor NASCAR teams at $15-20million a pop.

Initially, I doubt the same would happen for the NFL.
    Fans will revolt and decry the commercialization of the game, but I can't see how the exposure dollars (imagine an ad on Peyton Manning's shoulder!) would do anything but make companies line up for the privilege.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12