Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Top names emerge in emergency QB hunt

[size=13pt]Top names emerge in emergency QB hunt[/size]

October 20, 2007

suburbanchicagonews.com

It's getting pretty ridiculous when Vinny Testaverde can come in off the street after injuries to Jake Delhomme and David Carr, and in a few days of practices lead Carolina over the Cardinals 25-10....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Re: Top names emerge in emergency QB hunt

Brett Favre. He retired in 2004, but could be talked into returning. No. Wait. That's right, he didn't retire then. He retired in 2005. No, that's right, he didn't. He retired in 2006. No, he didn't. Oh, that's right, he's still playing, but he's probably retiring after this season and will be available after that for a comeback.
    LMAO! I enjoyed that one.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Bernt Fart wants to be the first wheelchair QB

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I can see Favre retiring then coming out of retirement the following season in order to save the Pack from a poor year.... that would just enhance the legend that much more in his eyes..
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

and then he can throw some more picks
    We're bringing purple back.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

The bigger picture perspective for me is that the Chiller, along with his staff, recognizes that there is a huge lack of quality QB's out there.

Best to let the young Jedi battle through a few issues this year so that the Vikes have someone that can run this offense vice trying to plug in some old has been who might or might not resurect his career or even make it through the season for that matter.

I bet it chaps thier arrrrsses that they lost thier future backup (Thigpen) to the hated Chiefs this year.

;D

I bet they draft another project in next years draft.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    The bigger picture perspective for me is that the Chiller, along with his staff, recognizes that there is a huge lack of quality QB's out there.

Best to let the young Jedi battle through a few issues this year so that the Vikes have someone that can run this offense vice trying to plug in some old has been who might or might not resurect his career or even make it through the season for that matter.

I bet it chaps thier arrrrsses that they lost thier future backup (Thigpen) to the hated Chiefs this year.

;D

If the Vikings lose a player due to player late in the year with a few games left or have a surplus of depth in a certain position, I'd like to see them snag Thigpen back & put him on the active roster.

Bollinger or Holcome, one of them will be gone anyways.

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

If the Vikings lose a player due to player late in the year with a few games left or have a surplus of depth in a certain position, I'd like to see them snag Thigpen back & put him on the active roster.

I agree.
    I thought he was a nice fit.

Question, did I miss something though, isn't he owned by KC now?
    How do we get him back?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

I agree.

How do we get him back?
    I thought all we had to do to get him back off their practice squad was to put him on the active roster.

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

I agree.

How do we get him back?
    I thought all we had to do to get him back off their practice squad was to put him on the active roster.
    I'd research it, however, I am gonna keep trying to catch up on all the missed threads.
    Also, I am sure either COJO or Nodack knows the answer and will jump in sometime today and tell us.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast