Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    PurpleSun is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    57

    Re: Top and Bottom of NFC North switch Positions

    "Json" wrote:
    NO has excellent QB and offense
    Vikings have suspect Defense
    NO has suspect Defense
    Vikings have dismal offense

    NO 31
    Vikings 17

    Because the Saints are a passing team, thus their rushing yards per game are low.

    I'm using rankings based on per play instead

    NO has excellent passing offense
    (#1)
    Vikes have a average pass defense (#12 )
    Clear advantage NO

    NO has a bad rushing offense (#25)
    Vikes have a top rushing defense (#3)
    Major advantage Vikes

    Vikes have a bad passing offense (#25 )
    NO have a below average pass defense (#20)
    Some what advangtage NO

    Vikes have a good rushing offense (#6)
    NO have a pathetic rushing defense (#30)
    Major advantage Vikes

    The key to this game is obviously NOT to let NO get too far ahead to force the Vikes to pass the ball.
    That means NO turnovers, like the Titans game.

    If the Vikes can grind out the ball, keeping NO's offense off the field and Vikes D rested, this game should be winable. McK will be a potent force we've been missing running to the left.

    I hope they give Taylor at least 10 carries and a couple passes and AD 25+ carries and a couple passes.
    When NO has to drop a 8th man in the box and the other DB's are looking for a run too.
    Then burn baby burn them deep.

    Vikes 23
    NO 21


    TOP Vikes 37:00
    NO 23:00

  2. #22
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Top and Bottom of NFC North switch Positions

    I really want us to win. With the economy in the tank like it is the state needs something to make them happy. I would love to see a 44-10 Vikings blowout.

  3. #23
    HEY's Avatar
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,201
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Top and Bottom of NFC North switch Positions

    It is not a complete switch of top and bottom, remember that Lions is at the bottom. Can't say I'm very surprised about that.
    ;D

    The biggest surprise after 5 weeks, however, is that the Bears are on the top. Kyle Orton have done an excellent job in the last two games and he might be one of the best QBs in NFC North right now. Wow, I didn't see that coming either.
    ;D

    The Packers have done a decent job so far and the Vikings have been a disappointment IMO.

  4. #24
    packhawk04 is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12

    Re: Top and Bottom of NFC North switch Positions

    The vikes are a dissapointment. Right now, they are a 6, maybe 7 win team. With losing Jenkins and Harris, the Pack are not far behind the Vikes. With those two out of the defense, and Barnett being invisible right now, our defense is mediocre at best. I think both the pack and vikes are 6 or 7 win teams.

  5. #25
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Top and Bottom of NFC North switch Positions

    "packhawk04" wrote:
    The vikes are a dissapointment. Right now, they are a 6, maybe 7 win team. With losing Jenkins and Harris, the Pack are not far behind the Vikes. With those two out of the defense, and Barnett being invisible right now, our defense is mediocre at best. I think both the pack and vikes are 6 or 7 win teams.
    We are 7, you are 6.
    ;D

  6. #26
    HEY's Avatar
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,201
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Top and Bottom of NFC North switch Positions

    Standings after week 5:


    NFC North Teams

    W

    L

    Pct

    Net Pts

    TD

    Chicago Bears



    3

    2

    .600


    41



    14

    GB Packers





    2

    3

    .400


    5



    16

    Minnesota Vikings

    2

    3

    .400


    -8




    9

    Detroit Lions





    0

    4

    .000

    -81



    7

    Notice how many net points Bears have. WOW!
    Also notice how many negative net points Lions have lol. Don't like that we have negative net points though. I though our offense would be at least better than the Bears' offense, but the Bears truly surprised me.

  7. #27
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re: Top and Bottom of NFC North switch Positions

    "HEY" wrote:
    Standings after week 5:



    NFC North Teams

    W

    L


    Pct

    Net Pts

    TD


    Chicago Bears




    3

    2

    .600


    41



    14


    GB Packers






    2

    3

    .400



    5




    16


    Minnesota Vikings

    2

    3

    .400


    -8




    9


    Detroit Lions





    0

    4

    .000


    -81




    7

    Notice how many net points Bears have. WOW!
    Also notice how many negative net points Lions have lol. Don't like that we have negative net points though. I though our offense would be at least better than the Bears' offense, but the Bears truly surprised me.
    And this is exactly why those of us who have disliked Childress for the past 2 years do so.
    He's SUPPOSED to be an Offensive Coach.
    His system - according to him - is supposed to be awesome.
    Yet year after year - ever since Chiller got here - we've struggled to score.


    The Bears - with Kyle Friggin' Orton - don't appear to have too much trouble finding the end zone.

    Orton has about 100 more yards passing than Jackson/Frerotte do, and Chicago only has about 30 more rushing yards than we do....yet they've managed to put the ball in the endzone 11 times on offense to our 7.


    Does Chicago have a better O-Line?
    Not hardly.
    Does Chicago have a better RB?
    Not a chance!!!
    Does Chicago have a better QB?
    Not really.
    Does Chicago have better WR's?
    Don't make me laugh...

    So why can Chicago score and we can't?


    Chicago doesn't have CHILDRESS!!!

    So, it is my very strong hope that Childress is sent packing at the end of this season.
    3 years of his pathetic offense is enough for me.
    Maybe then we can bring in a coach who can maximize the player potential we have, because Chiller and Bevell sure as shiite can't.

    Caine

  8. #28
    HEY's Avatar
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,201
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Top and Bottom of NFC North switch Positions

    "Caine" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    Standings after week 5:



    NFC North Teams

    W

    L


    Pct

    Net Pts

    TD


    Chicago Bears




    3

    2

    .600


    41



    14


    GB Packers






    2

    3

    .400



    5




    16


    Minnesota Vikings

    2

    3

    .400


    -8




    9


    Detroit Lions





    0

    4

    .000


    -81




    7

    Notice how many net points Bears have. WOW!
    Also notice how many negative net points Lions have lol. Don't like that we have negative net points though. I though our offense would be at least better than the Bears' offense, but the Bears truly surprised me.
    And this is exactly why those of us who have disliked Childress for the past 2 years do so.
    He's SUPPOSED to be an Offensive Coach.
    His system - according to him - is supposed to be awesome.
    Yet year after year - ever since Chiller got here - we've struggled to score.


    The Bears - with Kyle Friggin' Orton - don't appear to have too much trouble finding the end zone.

    Orton has about 100 more yards passing than Jackson/Frerotte do, and Chicago only has about 30 more rushing yards than we do....yet they've managed to put the ball in the endzone 11 times on offense to our 7.


    Does Chicago have a better O-Line?
    Not hardly.
    Does Chicago have a better RB?
    Not a chance!!!
    Does Chicago have a better QB?
    Not really.
    Does Chicago have better WR's?
    Don't make me laugh...

    So why can Chicago score and we can't?


    Chicago doesn't have CHILDRESS!!!

    So, it is my very strong hope that Childress is sent packing at the end of this season.
    3 years of his pathetic offense is enough for me.
    Maybe then we can bring in a coach who can maximize the player potential we have, because Chiller and Bevell sure as shiite can't.

    Caine
    I'm with you Caine. For the first time, I admit that Childress should not be our head coach. I've been trying to stick up for him, but enough is enough. We won the last game because of the individual efforts of the players (mostly Winfield) and NOT because of our head coach.

  9. #29
    ragz's Avatar
    ragz is offline GM
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,114

    Re: Top and Bottom of NFC North switch Positions

    "Caine" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    Standings after week 5:


    NFC North Teams

    W

    L

    Pct

    Net Pts

    TD

    Chicago Bears



    3

    2

    .600


    41



    14

    GB Packers





    2

    3

    .400


    5



    16

    Minnesota Vikings

    2

    3

    .400


    -8




    9

    Detroit Lions





    0

    4

    .000

    -81



    7

    Notice how many net points Bears have. WOW!
    Also notice how many negative net points Lions have lol. Don't like that we have negative net points though. I though our offense would be at least better than the Bears' offense, but the Bears truly surprised me.
    And this is exactly why those of us who have disliked Childress for the past 2 years do so.
    He's SUPPOSED to be an Offensive Coach.
    His system - according to him - is supposed to be awesome.
    Yet year after year - ever since Chiller got here - we've struggled to score.


    The Bears - with Kyle Friggin' Orton - don't appear to have too much trouble finding the end zone.

    Orton has about 100 more yards passing than Jackson/Frerotte do, and Chicago only has about 30 more rushing yards than we do....yet they've managed to put the ball in the endzone 11 times on offense to our 7.


    Does Chicago have a better O-Line?
    Not hardly.
    Does Chicago have a better RB?
    Not a chance!!!
    Does Chicago have a better QB?
    Not really.
    Does Chicago have better WR's?
    Don't make me laugh...

    So why can Chicago score and we can't?


    Chicago doesn't have CHILDRESS!!!

    So, it is my very strong hope that Childress is sent packing at the end of this season.
    3 years of his pathetic offense is enough for me.
    Maybe then we can bring in a coach who can maximize the player potential we have, because Chiller and Bevell sure as shiite can't.

    Caine
    exactly caine.
    what more has to be added to childress's offense for it to work, when other teams are scoring with rashied davis, marty booker, b.loyde, devin hester, k.orten, and a rookie in matt forte?
    i dont wanna hear about the talent arguement anymore from anybody.
    you dont have to have the 98 vikings personnel for a team to be able to score more than one offensive td a game.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

  10. #30
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Top and Bottom of NFC North switch Positions

    Top and Bottom of NFC North switch Positions
    So let me get this straight.................the
    Bears & the Lions switched positions?
    ???

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. PP.O Switch Tonight
    By Webby in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 08-13-2006, 01:08 PM
  2. Pulling the Switch
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 08-08-2006, 04:55 AM
  3. Cottrell to switch it up at linebacker
    By magicci in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-14-2005, 12:23 AM
  4. Rams "officially" switch to Jackson
    By sdvikefan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-28-2005, 04:08 PM
  5. Giants switch players
    By VikingWorldOrder in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-26-2003, 12:53 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •