Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Top and Bottom of NFC North switch Positions

"singersp" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:
    Everyone said Pack on top and Bears on Bottom.. Well look at it now

The bears beat a tough Philly and Indy and the Pack lost to Atlanta and Tampa Bay.

Can the Vikes make a surge? this is
    HUGE game tomorrow.

Lets raise the optimism and go and yell at our TV screens for the O!! this team has slow and old corners..

Break out game for Berrian and Rice.
    And can we get a Bomb Chiller?
    Really? Will either one even play? If Rice is playing, will they even throw to him?

Rice missed 3 preseason games & in the 4 regular season games this year, he played in only 2 of them & caught a whopping 3 passes for 37 yards with 1 TD. I think they only threw to him only 4 or 5 times. Hard to have a breakout game when you have an idiot coach/coordinatoer that doesn't involve him in more plays.

Berrian played in 3 of the 4. 11 catches total. 0 TD's. (BTW, that's 1 more catch & 1 less TD than Shiancoe)

Another overlooked & underused receiver is Allison. Only 5 catches & not many more throws to in the 4 games he played in.

I'm not expecting anyone of our players to have a breakout game, except maybe Longwell.
    Singer...you make some excellent points here.
    Our receivers are not getting the ball much, and Allison deserves more shots.
    He is not hurt (that I know of) and has produced when in the game.
    Give him a shot Coaches.
    I am not an offensive coordinator or head coach (but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express), but there just seems to be so many things lacking in our offense.

Maybe we should have our Offensive Coaches stay at a Holiday Inn Express

PurpleSun is offline Rookie

It's up to the Vikes D to hold back the NO's offense.

I'm hoping for a breakout game for Allen and T Johnson.
    Sacks and Ints will make it easier for the O.

If NO gets up early and Vikes once again abandon the running game and puts it into Gus's hands, it's going to be a long night.

I think Gus is a capable QB, but I wouldn't put the game in his hands.

Vikes need to run run run, 1st downs, eat the clock, keep NO's offense on the sidelines, fresh D that goes after the ball.
    That's the winning formula.

Chazz is offline Coordinator

"singersp" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:

The bears beat a tough Philly and Indy and the Pack lost to Atlanta and Tampa Bay.

HUGE game tomorrow.

Lets raise the optimism and go and yell at our TV screens for the O!! this team has slow and old corners..

Really? Will either one even play? If Rice is playing, will they even throw to him?

Rice missed 3 preseason games & in the 4 regular season games this year, he played in only 2 of them & caught a whopping 3 passes for 37 yards with 1 TD. I think they only threw to him only 4 or 5 times. Hard to have a breakout game when you have an idiot coach/coordinatoer that doesn't involve him in more plays.

Berrian played in 3 of the 4. 11 catches total. 0 TD's. (BTW, that's 1 more catch & 1 less TD than Shiancoe)

Another overlooked & underused receiver is Allison. Only 5 catches & not many more throws to in the 4 games he played in.

I'm not expecting anyone of our players to have a breakout game, except maybe Longwell.
    Assuming we can get him inside of 40 yards.

PurpleSun is offline Rookie

"Chazz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:

HUGE game tomorrow.

Assuming we can get him inside of 40 yards.
    NO has a pathetic D, if the Vikes can't score on them they can't score on any team.

ragz is offline GM

it would be nice to show we can move the ball against a crappy defense, but the bottom is, the defense has to play good tonight.
    we do not wanna get in a shootout becuz then it becomes a game of childress vs payton, and ferrotte vs brees.
    i'm pretty sure thats a losing proposition.
    not to mention the fact that their offense is banged up.
    if all these young guys and a just coming back from injury duece are moving up and down the field then alot of teams are going to.
    and if thats a fact then were not going anywhere.
    we still have to win with our defense cuz i dont think anybody has any confidence in childress really making us so dynamic offensively that we can win games with just that.
    i'm scared like i am every week under childress cuz he inspires no confidence in me, and alot of times the team looks the same way.
    i dont wanna be over dramatic only 5 games into the year but if we go to 1-4 does anyone really feel like we are gonna be able to turn it around?
    i feel like this team is about to totally go mutiny on childress at any moment.
    we better come out strong, cuz if it looks ugly early this team seems to be unresponsive to childress when games have been like that.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler

healthier AD -- nice, indoor turf -- MNF -- NO is 3rd from the bottom on running D --

Personally, i can't wait to see 300+ yrds tonight from AD.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"hx38596" wrote:
    healthier AD -- nice, indoor turf -- MNF -- NO is 3rd from the bottom on running D --

I highly doubt he will get this

They will still stack 9 in the box and get to him

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"V4L" wrote:
    "hx38596" wrote:

I highly doubt he will get this

They will still stack 9 in the box and get to him
    Well, then Gus and the Wideouts better be in top form. The Vikes need to come out passing in the first half. Then in the second they can run all over the Saints pathetic defense while hopefully preserving and adding to a lead. In my mind, if the Vikes can keep the game within a score by the end of the first half, the ground game can and will win the game in the second half, not only be scoring points, but also by keeping that powerful offense off of the field.

And Goddammit, take a cue from Miami. I've been advocating some kind of split-back or direct-snap type of offensive formation for over a year now. CT and AD need to be on the field together and used in creative ways. That and I really want to see Gus line up as a wide receiver.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

"The" wrote:

That and I really want to see Gus line up as a wide receiver.
    It was Pennington rite? that was hilarious yeah,a shame they didn´t intend a pass on him
    El underdog.

Json is offline GM

NO has excellent QB and offense
    Vikings have suspect Defense
    NO has suspect Defense
    Vikings have dismal offense

NO 31
    Vikings 17

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast