Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    PurplePride80's Avatar
    PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,980

    Re: Top 5: Edge rushers

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    I don't like that they included OLB's, but its hard to argue Jared Allen against 20 sacks.
    lol true, and I pretty much agree with Rod's top 5.

    I'm glad he didn't leave out Shawne Merriman just because he didn't play last season due to injury.

    Before he got hurt, Merriman looked like a special player to me. Hopefully he'll return to form after the knee surgery.
    I disagree.
    Merriman juiced, so should be discluded from any top lists like he was from the probowl.
    Shawne Merriman should be left off a top 5 edge rushers list?


    I'll make sure not to tell him you said that, wouldn't want him to turn your lights out.
    ;D
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

  2. #12
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Top 5: Edge rushers

    "TimmyT" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    I don't like that they included OLB's, but its hard to argue Jared Allen against 20 sacks.
    lol true, and I pretty much agree with Rod's top 5.

    I'm glad he didn't leave out Shawne Merriman just because he didn't play last season due to injury.

    Before he got hurt, Merriman looked like a special player to me. Hopefully he'll return to form after the knee surgery.
    I disagree.
    Merriman juiced, so should be discluded from any top lists like he was from the probowl.
    Shawne Merriman should be left off a top 5 edge rushers list?


    I'll make sure not to tell him you said that, wouldn't want him to turn your lights out.
    ;D
    if Barry Bonds deserves an * beside his name, so does Merriman, or anyone else that gets recognized for their accomplishments while on roids.

  3. #13
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: Top 5: Edge rushers

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    I don't like that they included OLB's, but its hard to argue Jared Allen against 20 sacks.
    lol true, and I pretty much agree with Rod's top 5.

    I'm glad he didn't leave out Shawne Merriman just because he didn't play last season due to injury.

    Before he got hurt, Merriman looked like a special player to me. Hopefully he'll return to form after the knee surgery.
    I disagree.
    Merriman juiced, so should be discluded from any top lists like he was from the probowl.
    Shawne Merriman should be left off a top 5 edge rushers list?


    I'll make sure not to tell him you said that, wouldn't want him to turn your lights out.
    ;D
    if Barry Bonds deserves an * beside his name, so does Merriman, or anyone else that gets recognized for their accomplishments while on roids.
    Agreed, and I think most people do put an asterick next to his name.
    But at the same time if you are talking about guys that put pressure on the QB merriman has to be in the conversation. Same would be said of Bonds, if your making a list of the best home run hitters Bonds has to be on it, with an asterick.

  4. #14
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Top 5: Edge rushers

    I gotta agree with the list

    Woulda been easier to do it seperatley tho

    Hard to not include people like Freeney, Peppers, Abraham, Suggs, Porter etc

  5. #15
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Top 5: Edge rushers

    "V4L" wrote:
    I gotta agree with the list

    Woulda been easier to do it seperatley tho

    Hard to not include people like Freeney, Peppers, Abraham, Suggs, Porter etc
    Freeny really hasn't been the same for a couple of seasons, Peppers has been down and up the pst few seasons.
    Abraham and Suggs IMO aren't good enough to push anyone off that list.
    The only real surprise was Porter.

  6. #16
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Top 5: Edge rushers

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    I saw that on NFL Total Access, pretty cool.

    Jamie Dukes also said Percy Harvin will be the rookie WR with the greatest impact.
    Mostly because of the potential wildcat formation, which he ran at Florida.
    Florida did not run Wildcat.
    Then you should tell Jamie Dukes, because he said they did.
    I don't personally know because I'm a Pac 10 guy and could care less about the SEC.
    Give me his email address.

    I suggest you try watching some SEC Football. Damn good games.
    Unless Vandy is playing Ole Miss.
    Ugh.

    =Z=
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=282480238
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  7. #17
    thevikingfan's Avatar
    thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,489

    Re: Top 5: Edge rushers

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    I don't like that they included OLB's, but its hard to argue Jared Allen against 20 sacks.
    Me to,this list should have been of DE's only.The reason being is you can move the linebacker around and let him rush against a weaker OLineman in the other side or go inside and find mismatches.A DE has to stay at the same spot 1 on 1,you know whats coming you either beat him or you dont,no mismatches here

  8. #18
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Top 5: Edge rushers

    "V" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    [quote author=gagarr link=topic=52297.msg964906#msg964906 date=1246466433]
    I saw that on NFL Total Access, pretty cool.

    Jamie Dukes also said Percy Harvin will be the rookie WR with the greatest impact.
    Mostly because of the potential wildcat formation, which he ran at Florida.
    Florida did not run Wildcat.
    Then you should tell Jamie Dukes, because he said they did.
    I don't personally know because I'm a Pac 10 guy and could care less about the SEC.
    Give me his email address.

    I suggest you try watching some SEC Football. Damn good games.
    Unless Vandy is playing Ole Miss.
    Ugh.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=282480238
    [/quote]

    That's Vandy and South Carolina, not Ole Miss.

    And, as they say in the south, the sun shines on every dog's ass once in awhile.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #19
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Top 5: Edge rushers

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    [quote author=V link=topic=52297.msg964907#msg964907 date=1246466711]
    [quote author=gagarr link=topic=52297.msg964906#msg964906 date=1246466433]
    I saw that on NFL Total Access, pretty cool.

    Jamie Dukes also said Percy Harvin will be the rookie WR with the greatest impact.
    Mostly because of the potential wildcat formation, which he ran at Florida.
    Florida did not run Wildcat.
    Then you should tell Jamie Dukes, because he said they did.
    I don't personally know because I'm a Pac 10 guy and could care less about the SEC.
    Give me his email address.

    I suggest you try watching some SEC Football. Damn good games.
    Unless Vandy is playing Ole Miss.
    Ugh.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=282480238
    [/quote]

    That's Vandy and South Carolina, not Ole Miss.

    And, as they say in the south, the sun shines on every dog's ass once in awhile.

    =Z=
    [/quote]

    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=282640145
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=282780238
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=283660238
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  10. #20
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Top 5: Edge rushers

    "V" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    [quote author=gagarr link=topic=52297.msg964920#msg964920 date=1246467763]
    [quote author=V link=topic=52297.msg964907#msg964907 date=1246466711]
    [quote author=gagarr link=topic=52297.msg964906#msg964906 date=1246466433]
    I saw that on NFL Total Access, pretty cool.

    Jamie Dukes also said Percy Harvin will be the rookie WR with the greatest impact.
    Mostly because of the potential wildcat formation, which he ran at Florida.
    Florida did not run Wildcat.
    Then you should tell Jamie Dukes, because he said they did.
    I don't personally know because I'm a Pac 10 guy and could care less about the SEC.
    Give me his email address.

    I suggest you try watching some SEC Football. Damn good games.
    Unless Vandy is playing Ole Miss.
    Ugh.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=282480238
    [/quote]

    That's Vandy and South Carolina, not Ole Miss.

    And, as they say in the south, the sun shines on every dog's ass once in awhile.
    [/quote]

    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=282640145
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=282780238
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=283660238
    [/quote]

    Thanks for proving my point for me!

    First link:


    Vandy
    Ole Miss
    1st Downs 11 16
    3rd down efficiency 3-13 5-14
    4th down efficiency 0-0 0-1
    Total Yards 202 385
    Passing 71 184
    Comp-Att 9-12 12-25
    Yards per pass 5.9 7.4
    Rushing 131 201
    Rushing Attempts 41 40
    Yards per rush 3.2 5.0
    Penalties 2-20 7-82
    Turnovers 2 6
    Fumbles lost 2 2
    Interceptions thrown 0 4
    Possession 30:36 29:24

    Ugh.

    2nd link:

    Team Stat Comparison


    Auburn
    Vandy


    1st Downs 15 15
    3rd down efficiency 5-16 6-17
    4th down efficiency 1-2 0-0
    Total Yards 208 263
    Passing 98 157
    Comp-Att 10-22 16-31
    Yards per pass 4.5 5.1
    Rushing 110 106
    Rushing Attempts 44 32
    Yards per rush 2.5 3.3
    Penalties 11-81 5-37
    Turnovers 1 1
    Fumbles lost 0 0
    Interceptions thrown 1 1
    Possession 29:57 30:03

    Double ugh.

    3rd link:

    Team Stat Comparison


    BC
    Vandy


    1st Downs 17 8
    3rd down efficiency 7-17 1-15
    4th down efficiency 1-2 0-0
    Total Yards 331 200
    Passing 190 121
    Comp-Att 15-36 10-20
    Yards per pass 5.3 6.1
    Rushing 141 79
    Rushing Attempts 38 36
    Yards per rush 3.7 2.2
    Penalties 3-34 0-0
    Turnovers 3 0
    Fumbles lost 1 0
    Interceptions thrown 2 0
    Possession 31:08 28:52

    Triple ugh.
    Although that game, at least, came down to a last-5-minutes FG.

    Hey - congrats to Vandy for having a good season.
    I bet that dog's ass was real warm.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Can you name the top 10 rushers since 2000?
    By i_bleed_purple in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-26-2011, 04:51 AM
  2. Williamson: Top-10 pass-rushers
    By marstc09 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 02:02 PM
  3. Vikings All-Time Leading Rushers
    By arrested_developer in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-09-2006, 12:23 PM
  4. Do we want Edge?
    By cajunvike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 12-31-2005, 05:45 AM
  5. Can we get Edge??????
    By ejmat in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-26-2005, 03:28 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •