PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Top 5: Defensive tackles

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    [quote author=TimmyT link=topic=52284.msg964604#msg964604 date=1246388631]
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=52284.msg964588#msg964588 date=1246387435]
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=52284.msg964577#msg964577 date=1246386696]
    [quote author=TimmyT link=topic=52284.msg964575#msg964575 date=1246386428]
    Kevin doesn't do it just as well.
    Kevin Williams in 2008, 7.5 tackles for loss
    Albert Haynesworth in 2008, 6 tackles for loss
    gonna bump this, i notice you haven't bothered to dispute, maybe it just got buried.
    lol, i'm not ducking this statement, i already told you stats don't show the whole story.

listen, i'm not basing my opinion that most people would say haynesworth is better based on the fact that he got a record deal in free agency and was just traded to a new team. i understand he's been in the media
    a lot more.

i'm basing my opinoin that haynesworth is better than kevin williams on what i see. when i watch these 2 cats play, i see big al causing more havoc and disrputing the other teams offensive line more than kevin williams does.

that's very clear to me, and i'm not sure how anyone who has seen these two play can disagree.

Really?
    I see Kevin getting more sacks (disrupting the line), getting more turnovers (disrupting the whole offense), getting more PD's (Disrupting the passing game), getting more tackles for losses (disrupting the run game).

What good does disrupting the OL do when it amounts to nothing?
    The Titans don't lead the league in run defense, hell, they aren't even top 5 last season.
    And he certainly wasn't instrumental in helping his team win in the playoffs (0-1 in playoffs, 2 tackles, no sacks, fumbles, pd's, etc)

What do you see in him that makes him so much better?
    haynesworth is more powerful than kevin williams, that's clear. he's pretty much unblockable. he requires a double team on just about every snap.

now i'm not saying kevin williams doesn't require the same, sometimes he does, just not as often as haynesworth

hence, why haynesworths stats aren't as impressive. this goes back to why i said stats don't show the whole story.

[/quote]

Pat Williams is more powerful that Kevin, does that mean he's better?

Brandon jacobs is more powerful than AD, does that mean he's better?
    [/quote]

of course haynesworth being more powerful than kevin williams doesn't make him better. in never said it did. you asked me to list something thing that i see in haynesworth that makes him better (could have named more), and that's what i did.

it's obvious that you have it set in your mind that kevin williams is better, so there's no need to keep goin back and forths. it's not going to lead to anything.

i enjoyed this discussion. both of us provided good points and it didn't lead to any name calling or anything like that. we might not agree, but i got mad respect for i bleed purple.
    [/quote]

then we agree to disagree

[/quote]

Exactly, and I'll be ready for round 2 in the next thread where Rod breaks down the top 5 at a position.
    ;D
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Top 5: Defensive tackles

"Mr" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    [quote author=TimmyT link=topic=52284.msg964604#msg964604 date=1246388631]
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=52284.msg964588#msg964588 date=1246387435]
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=52284.msg964577#msg964577 date=1246386696]
    [quote author=TimmyT link=topic=52284.msg964575#msg964575 date=1246386428]
    Kevin doesn't do it just as well.
    Kevin Williams in 2008, 7.5 tackles for loss
    Albert Haynesworth in 2008, 6 tackles for loss
    gonna bump this, i notice you haven't bothered to dispute, maybe it just got buried.
    lol, i'm not ducking this statement, i already told you stats don't show the whole story.

listen, i'm not basing my opinion that most people would say haynesworth is better based on the fact that he got a record deal in free agency and was just traded to a new team. i understand he's been in the media
    a lot more.

i'm basing my opinoin that haynesworth is better than kevin williams on what i see. when i watch these 2 cats play, i see big al causing more havoc and disrputing the other teams offensive line more than kevin williams does.

that's very clear to me, and i'm not sure how anyone who has seen these two play can disagree.

Really?
    I see Kevin getting more sacks (disrupting the line), getting more turnovers (disrupting the whole offense), getting more PD's (Disrupting the passing game), getting more tackles for losses (disrupting the run game).

What good does disrupting the OL do when it amounts to nothing?
    The Titans don't lead the league in run defense, hell, they aren't even top 5 last season.
    And he certainly wasn't instrumental in helping his team win in the playoffs (0-1 in playoffs, 2 tackles, no sacks, fumbles, pd's, etc)

What do you see in him that makes him so much better?
    haynesworth is more powerful than kevin williams, that's clear. he's pretty much unblockable. he requires a double team on just about every snap.

now i'm not saying kevin williams doesn't require the same, sometimes he does, just not as often as haynesworth

hence, why haynesworths stats aren't as impressive. this goes back to why i said stats don't show the whole story.

[/quote]

Pat Williams is more powerful that Kevin, does that mean he's better?

Brandon jacobs is more powerful than AD, does that mean he's better?
    [/quote]

of course haynesworth being more powerful than kevin williams doesn't make him better. in never said it did. you asked me to list something thing that i see in haynesworth that makes him better, and that's what i did.

it's obvious that you have it set in your mind that kevin williams is better, so there's no need to keep goin back and forths. it's not going to lead to a conclusion.

i enjoyed this discussion. both of us provided good points and it didn't lead to any name calling or anything like that. we might not agree, but i got mad respect for i bleed purple.
    [/quote]
    Just gonna throw in my two cents.

I think Haynesworth has potential to be better.

However, Kevin Williams is a far better conditioned athlete, more well rounded player, and plays hard every down. These things have contributed to his consistent success.

The lack of these things have led to Haynesworth's inconsistency.

And due to said consistency, Kevin Williams is the superior player.
    [/quote]

+1

If he put in extra time and stayed healthy im sure he would be number 1 in everyones eyes

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789