Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Top 5: Defensive tackles

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    When you bring up interceptions while discussing defensive tackles, that's how I KNOW you're reachin' lol.

Accumulating a large number of sacks isn't what most defensive tackles do (just look around the NFL). It's about disrupting the interior of the offensive line and making things easier on the other 2 or 3 guys you line up beside. Haynesworth is the best at doing that.

I just don't understand why people can't refrain from being bias when discussing sports, lol.

So being a playmaker is a reach?
    KW can return fumbles and interceptions the distance, AH can not.
    Call it luck if you will, but if thats the case, he's extremely lucky he got two picks fall in his lap two seasons ago.
    its more skill to get your hands up and knock a ball down, catching it is another thing.
    KW is a freak, for his size he's extremely athletic.
    Same can't be said for AH.
    KW wins in every statistical category.
    Are we not allowed to think that one of our own players is perhaps the best in the league?
    No, reachin' is bring up interceptions while discussing defensive tackles when we all know that's not something that plays a big factor in this discussion. I mean c'mon kid, when a defensive tackle does intercept the ball (which is VERY f*cking rare) 99% percent of the time it's on a lucky bounce. Just being in the right place at the right time.

And yes, you are allowed to think that one of our own players is the best in the league, but in this case it doesn't make it right lol.

In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"TimmyT" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    When you bring up interceptions while discussing defensive tackles, that's how I KNOW you're reachin' lol.

Accumulating a large number of sacks isn't what most defensive tackles do (just look around the NFL). It's about disrupting the interior of the offensive line and making things easier on the other 2 or 3 guys you line up beside. Haynesworth is the best at doing that.

I just don't understand why people can't refrain from being bias when discussing sports, lol.

Call it luck if you will, but if thats the case, he's extremely lucky he got two picks fall in his lap two seasons ago.
    its more skill to get your hands up and knock a ball down, catching it is another thing.
    Are we not allowed to think that one of our own players is perhaps the best in the league?
    No, reachin' is bring up interceptions while discussing defensive tackles when we all know that's not something that plays a big factor in this discussion. I mean c'mon kid, when a defensive tackles does intercept the ball (which is VERY f*cking rare) 99% percent of the time it's on a lucky bounce. Just being in the right place at the right time.

And yes, you are allowed to think that one of our own players is the best in the league, but in this case it doesn't make it right lol.

well, then how does it make you right?
    You've shown nothing to prove that AH is better.
    KW has better stats, stays healthy, doesn't have anger issues (see head stomps statistics), isn't overpaid, and has the added bonus of conveniently being in the right spot at the right time more than AH.

Can AH make this play? [youtube=425,350]NaAGbdEt5F8[/youtube]

or are you telling me there's no skill involved here?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d804ef01a/WK-14-Can-t-Miss-Play-Williams-INT-return

how about 1:55 into:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/minnesota-vikings/09000d5d8019daaf

he's a great run stuffer, and a good pass rusher, not just a big body that overpowers guards.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"TimmyT" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:

No, reachin' is bring up interceptions while discussing defensive tackles when we all know that's not something that plays a big factor in this discussion. I mean c'mon kid, when a defensive tackle does intercept the ball (which is VERY f*cking rare) 99% percent of the time it's on a lucky bounce. Just being in the right place at the right time.

I disagree. Look at pass deflections. Kevin has 33 in 6 season Albert has 18 in 7 seasons. Kevin is putting himself in passing lanes, and is able to play the ball better. That's not luck, it's hard work and a nose for the football.
    I'd say Kevin is the better DT, but both are great players. The Vikings have had the #1 rush defense 3 years in a row.
    I think right now many would say Haynesworth is better, but that is largely due to him being in the media more lately after getting traded and recieving a huge contract.
    You pretty much know that when a player gets a huge contract from the skins that they are overrated.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Just because we agree with Woodson doesn't mean we are homers

Kevin stays healthy
    Kevin bats more balls then Albert
    Kevin plays the run just as well as Albert
    Kevin rushes the pass better then Albert

Those are just true facts.. There is no way around it.. Kevin is the better all around DT then Haynesworth

Blog Entries

"V4L" wrote:

Kevin stays healthy

Those are just true facts.. There is no way around it.. Kevin is the better all around DT then Haynesworth

wait a second, I can't see the video at work, but I'm assuming that Woodson ranks KW higher than Albert.
    Timmy, weren't you telling me to ask fans of non-titans/vikings/redskins teams who was better?
    Well, here's a future hall of famer, tv analyst and player who's saying that KW is better.
    This is coming from the guy that seems to hate on the Vikings any chance he gets.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Kevin stays healthy

wait a second, I can't see the video at work, but I'm assuming that Woodson ranks KW higher than Albert.
    Timmy, weren't you telling me to ask fans of non-titans/vikings/redskins teams who was better?
    Well, here's a future hall of famer, tv analyst and player who's saying that KW is better.
    This is coming from the guy that seems to hate on the Vikings any chance he gets.

Yup

I watched it last night

I think his list was

Tommy Harris
    Darnell Dockett
    Shaun Rogers
    Albert Haynesworth
    Kevin Williams

Rogers and Dockett may have been switched I can't remember.. Either way Williams first

And I agree

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    Good list, Rod.

Nice to see he included someone like Dockett who often gets overlooked just because he isn't a big name.

I love Kevin Williams, but Haynesworth is the best.

Kevin Williams versus the 100 Million Dollar Man

Career Games
    KW - 94 (6 years) *Started all 16 games 5/6 years
    AH - 90 (7 years) *Never started 16 in a Season

Career Tackles
    KW - 297 (221 solo)
    AH - 271 (199 solo)

Career Sacks
    KW - 42.5
    AH - 24

Career Forced Fumbles
    KW - 4
    AH - 6

Career Pass Deflections
    KW - 33
    AH - 18

Career INTs
    KW - 4 (including 2 TDs)
    AH - 0

Contract
    KW - 5 years - 33.5 million
    AH - 7 years - 100 million

Head Stomps
    KW - 0
    AH - 1

Kevin Williams is by far the superior tackle. Its not even close. He also plays EVERY SNAP, EVERY GAME! Haynesworth is a bum. Don't expect him to play for the next 6 years.
    :P
    Ha... love that post. Awesome.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    Good list, Rod.

Nice to see he included someone like Dockett who often gets overlooked just because he isn't a big name.

I love Kevin Williams, but Haynesworth is the best.

Kevin Williams versus the 100 Million Dollar Man

Career Games
    KW - 94 (6 years) *Started all 16 games 5/6 years
    AH - 90 (7 years) *Never started 16 in a Season

Career Tackles
    KW - 297 (221 solo)
    AH - 271 (199 solo)

Career Sacks
    KW - 42.5
    AH - 24

Career Forced Fumbles
    KW - 4
    AH - 6

Career Pass Deflections
    KW - 33
    AH - 18

Career INTs
    KW - 4 (including 2 TDs)
    AH - 0

Contract
    KW - 5 years - 33.5 million
    AH - 7 years - 100 million

Head Stomps
    KW - 0
    AH - 1

Kevin Williams is by far the superior tackle. Its not even close. He also plays EVERY SNAP, EVERY GAME! Haynesworth is a bum. Don't expect him to play for the next 6 years.
    :P
    Ha... love that post. Awesome.

+1...only things he's got on KW are FF's and HS's...oh, and $.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Kevin stays healthy

yes, woodson ranks haynesworth as the 2nd best defensive tackle and kevin williams as the 1st. and yes, i said we should ask people that are non viking/redskins fans who is better between the 2.

rod woodson is only one person dude, i said MOST people will say that haynesworth is better.

and by the way, not trying to get off topic, but how does woodson hate on the vikings any chance he gets? i watch nfl network ALL the time, it's pretty my favorite channel on TV other than maybe ESPN.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

Blog Entries

"TimmyT" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Kevin stays healthy

yes, woodson ranks haynesworth as the 2nd best defensive tackle and kevin williams as the 1st. and yes, i said we should ask people that are non viking/redskins fans who is better between the 2.

rod woodson is only one person dude, i said MOST people will say that haynesworth is better.

and by the way, not trying to get off topic, but how does woodson hate on the vikings any chance he gets? i watch nfl network ALL the time, it's pretty my favorite channel on TV other than maybe ESPN.
    always has something bad to say about them, the coaches, the quarterbacks, the offense in general.
    I watch NFLN all the time as well.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast